Poll: Should Rugby in WA secede from the ARU and become their own governing body?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Should WA Rugby secede from the ARU(RugbyAU)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    I actually read that to the Advance Australia fair tune and it fitted perfectly!
    Took me 5 minutes, it better fit perfectly

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    If you translate it into Welsh you might get it past the censors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohika View Post
    I see this as a great opportunity.
    Don’t forget that rugby existed in Western Australia for a long time before the Australian Rugby Football Union came along (1949 I think). Western Australia probably would have been a rugby state if the Victorians hadn't invaded in the 1890's.
    Forget voluntary administration, liquidate the WARU. I dont know where this would leave the member clubs financially, but hard to imagine the EARU would pursue the clubs for its costs. I think action along those lines really would get national media attention.
    Let’s form a new, squeaky clean WA rugby union. Judging by past actions, it would not be a surprise if the EARU refused to allow it to affiliate with them. But this would be ok. With many instances of the EARU not acting in the best interests of rugby in WA, the new union would surely have a good case to affiliate directly with the World Rugby board. A member of World Rugby in the same manner as England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. WA has similar legal status to these countries (not Ireland).
    Imagine the upside to this, eligible to compete for the world cup, world U20, world womens, world sevens championships. I could easily see the All Blacks coming to play WA in a pre Rugby Championship game. And easy to see WA arranging fixtures against any international teams touring the Eastern States.
    Downside, not eligible for the wallabies. But let’s face it. With the Force gone, it's hard to imagine a local WA player ever making the wallabies again. Personally, doesn't concern me. As for the olympics, sevens teams are not actually ARU teams, they are AOC teams, the ARU just organise them. The AOC would insist that WA players be considered. Good luck getting selected though.
    And this is where Mr Forrest comes in. The new WARU would join the Asian rugby federation. There is only one team in Asia that WA would not immediately be competitive with. With a bit of seed capital from Mr Forrest, imagine it, Western Australia versus China at the Perth Rectangular Stadium in a fair dinkum World Cup qualifying match! Forrest would have to like that!
    Great post and completly agree. You make some wonderful points. When you put it like that why would we stay with the ARU/RA?

Imagine being able to verse national teams and have world rugby grant those matches TEST status. Its almost too good to be true.

The All Blacks have been on a crusade lately to play sides where they are guaranteed a percentage of the gate revenue. Hence why there hasnt been an England vs all black match scheduled outside of the regular autumn int fixtures (our spring fixtures) so if you promised the NZRU anywhere between 30-50% of the gate fee they would be here on their very own chartered Air NZL flight tomorrow.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I did.
    Enjoy being the one and only. Can you justify your position? Eg. The benefit? For tranparency reasons...

vCash
    The whole strategy of the IPRC is aroung getting Wallaby eligibility. They are trying to work with the IRB and Rat's Arse. For now. Also I imagine there would be plenty of complications for WA clubs; like insurance for instance.

Jumping off a cliff is not really a good strategy for dealing with a bully.

vCash
    The All Blacks have been on a crusade lately to play sides where they are guaranteed a percentage of the gate revenue.
    So did the RA and from memory they took it to the IRB. Good on the RFU for saying no as they are also standing up for unions who can't afford to give away half of their gate money from matches they host. Particularly Wales and Scotland who have running on massive losses since redeveloping their respective stadiums. France and Italy don't have their own stadiums. Unless the deal has changed as they have threatened to walk away previously, the FFR burn €2 million each time they play a match at the Stade de France. They also don't have as much money as the club body LNR who have been racking up large increases on their tv deals as the EPCR and Top 14 rights are separate. I think the ProD2 has their own tv contract now.

The RFU would also be aware of the RA's ability to waste money and go after players while on contract. As for the Kiwis they go and sign players 30 plus on four year deals with holidays to not play Rugby. They also pulled the ABs out of half of the Super Rugby which destroyed the credibility of Super Rugby as it was seen as a training ground for test Rugby (nothing has changed since then) and schedule Bledisloe Cup matches with the RA in places like Tokyo and Hong Kong. They have talked about having one in Twickenham.

The IRFU are pretty prudent with their money so I doubt they would give away significant amount of one of their main revenue streams to an incompetent union like the RA. They either run at a small loss, break even or scrape a decent profit. The RA have also treated them badly. A Wallabies official damaged a changing room door at Lansdowne Road a few years back and I don't think they sought for damages. It was pretty obvious who it was and he may have been on a suspended sentence at the time. The RA through Cheika also actively pursued Kane Douglas at the start of his three season deal with Leinster and when a release was agreed the RA refuse to pay out the remainder of his contract which wasn't much. This is despite two seasons left on the deal, he was under rehab for an injured back and Leinster were put in a bind to find a replacement due to it being close to the RWC.

Last edited by Bakkies; 17-11-17 at 21:20.
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    The whole strategy of the IPRC is aroung getting Wallaby eligibility. They are trying to work with the IRB and Rat's Arse. For now. Also I imagine there would be plenty of complications for WA clubs; like insurance for instance.

Who gives a shit. Move on. I dont think any of us could stomach representing the Wallabies moving forward after what the ARU/RA has done. That is the point. After everything do you actually still want to be affiliated? If so you are suffering from stockholm bully syndrome!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    we could always represent the hut river province

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohika View Post
    Let’s form a new, squeaky clean WA rugby union. Judging by past actions, it would not be a surprise if the EARU refused to allow it to affiliate with them. But this would be ok. With many instances of the EARU not acting in the best interests of rugby in WA, the new union would surely have a good case to affiliate directly with the World Rugby board.
    The new WARU would join the Asian rugby federation.
    I love it. They wanted more derbies because they wanted a bigger audience - how about the Wallabies vs Western Force!

Go Force!!!

Our new home could be in the Indo-Pacific now.

vCash

And you represent 3.45% of the vote. Think about that, and i mean REALLY think about that for a second. In a room of 100 people you would stand with 3 people in support! Sounds like the sorta numbers that Clyne , pulver and co entertain with all their analysis.

vCash

I didnt want to humilate you but if you actually read the first post in this thread PROPERLY you would have read the following:

by standing next to the RugbyAU I see no benefit moving forward. Simply saying we pay less for insurance is a cowards answer
    Thanks for proving my point. INSURANCES FFS somrthing a few quid can cover - and we have billionaire philanthropist Andrew Forrest on our side..

vCash
    The main goal of the IPRC is to give WA a chance to continue to participate as a professional entity (preferably as the Force) and to ensure the future of the game for young Western Australians.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Steady on SPaRTAN,, you are having a potshot at the wrong bloke.

Shasta is a respected and eminently reasonable poster. Listen to him. His observation is valid.

I voted sucede. He did not. No biggy.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Steady on SPaRTAN,, you are having a potshot at the wrong bloke.

Shasta is a respected and eminently reasonable poster. Listen to him. His observation is valid.

I voted sucede. He did not. No biggy.
    Thats fair enough. But I did ask for transparency and his answer was the answer I mocked in my original post and he still used that as the basis to justify sticking with the assholes who have attempted to bankrupt us ontop of killing our professional team. If we as a community are gonna be strong then listening to TWAS like responses and accepting them when they defy logic is not gonna make our cause a powerful one. People like Shasta just prove what is wrong with the very people that have accepted bullying as a way of life. I personally hate people dominating me, i dont accept it, and if people like shasta feel justified then that's fine, but atleast put up a compelling response that isnt the same ol same ol tedious bullshit like insurance costs when we have the 3rd richest aussie backing our cause. Im sure Twiggy wp uldnt give too shits about supporting the insurance of every WA rugby player, we all know that it is siginicantly less than what it costs to run superrugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    we could always represent the hut river province
    And surprise surprise, the Federal taxman is trying to get rid of them as well.

West v Rest!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast