Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: RugbyWA goes into voluntary administration after Western Force legal fight with ARU

vCash
    I see the paid shills are defending the RA by having a pop at Twiggy for not coughing up the amount. What a load of nonsense why should Twiggy cough up when the RA keep on changing the figures.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    It has been done but no reply.
    From memory that was well before all of this happened... I wonder if Qantas are felling a little differently after yesterdays announcement.

I just booked my flights to Darwin on Virgin, fuck Qantas! Maybe i should wear my force jersey during the flight too..

Apprentice
    vCash
    I was too angry (and tired) last nig ht to form any kind of coherent thoughts, but I can't believe that they actually put it out in public that they are trying to get money from 'high net worth individuals'. They have finally shown their true colours to all Australians. Hopefully they will all see what we in the West have known all along; the Force were targeted.

vCash
    I would like to add this perspective to the argument. Hopefully a RWA type will read it. Can't be bothered putting it on that Roar article, TWAT is going full retard rebutting literally every comment

It was reported during the 48-72 hours that then ARU sought legal advice in 2016 as to which teams it could axe. The answer (from North??) In Feb 2017 was the easiest team was the Force. However, it was couched in terms of liklyhood and success of legal action. So I put it to you the ARU knew all along there was a certainty of legal action if it canned a team, and therefore it is responsible not only for its own costs of legal action but also RWAs

This is nothing to do with Hammerschlag. Everything to do with their own prior legal advice. They initiated an event (culling a team) knowing the outcome (legal action)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecilia View Post
    I was too angry (and tired) last nig ht to form any kind of coherent thoughts, but I can't believe that they actually put it out in public that they are trying to get money from 'high net worth individuals'. They have finally shown their true colours to all Australians. Hopefully they will all see what we in the West have known all along; the Force were targeted.
    For that reason i hope twiggy doesnt back down and come up with another offer. I honestly beleive after everything the ARU threw at the rebels then we owe them nothiny. Zilch. For a bunch of custodians they are the true destroyers of the game!!

Twiggy do not write a single check to rugbyAU and make themnexplain why grassroots are now 1.7mill worse off now, ontop of everything they syphoned out to their mates in their secret unit trusts for the MRRU deal of a life times lifetime!

vCash
    So how much have the ARU(RugbyAU) actually squandared since 2011. Exactly how much over and above went to the rebels? 17million? +1.7 million on legal fees for arbitration/senate inquiry etc (ASIC please investigate these transactions too, sounds like fraudulent receipts by claiming the total legal costs were all due to RugbyWA and not the senate inquiry and MRRU costs). + 5mill(estimate) on rebranding.. + 1million on the board going to england to watch tonights test, all courtesy of 1st class flights and 6star hotel accomodation, 1k on champaigne per bottle x20 etc...

Hmmm true custodians, no wonder no one wants to resign from rugbyAU, being on the board means you get to write endless blank checks to the detriment of grassroots and WA rugby!

Thats atleast 24.7 million squandared, thats alot of balls and pads and goal posts for the kids.

vCash
    It is much more than that when you look out at it

- John O'Neill's golden handshake for doing a shit job. 2.7 million gone
    - Non scheduled payments to the Melbourne Rebels we still don't know the exact figure
    - Writing off 13 million dollars of the Rebels debt
    - Consultants
    - Junkets
    - Payouts for Kane Douglas and Will Genia alone cost over a million
    - We don't know if McKenzie and Deans both took a severance
    - Car park recruitment that required paying fees to executive head hunting firms
    - Lawyers
    - Relocation costs
    - Re-branding costs
    - Taking fights to the IRB which they can't win and too right to the likes of the IRB and RFU for not bending over to them.
    - Over inflated staff numbers
    - 13 Reviews
    - Fighting Sanzaar and SARU to bring the Rebels in
    - Rebels start up costs
    - Increase in player payments that they can't afford to keep Wallabies in Australia

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    It is much more than that when you look out at it

- John O'Neill's golden handshake for doing a shit job. 2.7 million gone
    - Non scheduled payments to the Melbourne Rebels we still don't know the exact figure
    - Writing off 13 million dollars of the Rebels debt
    - Consultants
    - Junkets
    - Payouts for Kane Douglas and Will Genia alone cost over a million
    - We don't know if McKenzie and Deans both took a severance
    - Car park recruitment that required paying fees to executive head hunting firms
    - Lawyers
    - Relocation costs
    - Re-branding costs
    - Taking fights to the IRB which they can't win and too right to the likes of the IRB and RFU for not bending over to them.
    - Over inflated staff numbers
    - 13 Reviews
    - Fighting Sanzaar and SARU to bring the Rebels in
    - Rebels start up costs
    - Increase in player payments that they can't afford to keep Wallabies in Australia
    After reading that ill throw a ball park figure out there. Between $50-$100million aud, i cant see how 13reviews, O'neils golden hanshake etc , Genia etc could cost anyless when combined with the figures i posted. Astounding, i am gobsmacked. All swindled away! Depressing.

And to think Twiggys original offer could have in someways pay the bulk of it back by paying directly into grassroots for 8 years.. makes it even more confusing!

vCash
    Yeah when you add it all up Alan Jones figures make sense that he threw at de Clyne's face.

vCash
    Yeah when you add it all up Alan Jones figures make sense that he threw at de Clyne's face.
    Does Alan Jones do weekends on ABC?

vCash
    He works 2GB which is a part of Macquarie Radio (same network as 6PR). He doesn't have a show on the weekends I would put something up on his FB page.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    I would like to add this perspective to the argument. Hopefully a RWA type will read it. Can't be bothered putting it on that Roar article, TWAT is going full retard rebutting literally every comment

It was reported during the 48-72 hours that then ARU sought legal advice in 2016 as to which teams it could axe. The answer (from North??) In Feb 2017 was the easiest team was the Force. However, it was couched in terms of liklyhood and success of legal action. So I put it to you the ARU knew all along there was a certainty of legal action if it canned a team, and therefore it is responsible not only for its own costs of legal action but also RWAs

This is nothing to do with Hammerschlag. Everything to do with their own prior legal advice. They initiated an event (culling a team) knowing the outcome (legal action)
    Spot on Bison. They knew it would involve legal action. It was one of the high risks in the Saltbush report.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Good to hear a players perspective!! I hope those twats receive many a dig from the English rugby fraternity on their all expenses trip to London!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Good to hear a players perspective!! I hope those twats receive many a dig from the English rugby fraternity on their all expenses trip to London!!
    MOC is spot on. It all starts at Schoolboys level. The last strong Schoolboys side featured Turner, Pocock, Beale, Cooper, Leiliifano they are nearly 30 now. The Schoolboys no longer tour so the likes Ireland and England no longer come to Australia. It is much more difficult to have a strong under 20s when these players haven't played together at Schoolboys level.

SA and NZ both won RWCs with players who came through strong under 20s teams. England and Ireland are building due to theirs

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast