Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: RugbyWA goes into voluntary administration after Western Force legal fight with ARU

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Good job as I have been occupied with the Roar and sent this broadside off to the RA

Regards
    I thought you had been a bit quiet today! I wasn't up for going on the Roar this morning.... Anything of interest, or just same old same old?

I can appreciate that the Eastern Staters are not as invested in this as us. Therefore, its only ever of passing interest, even though the Inquiry has shown that all states (and right down to grassroots) have been affected by the mis-management of funds and biased shown to some parties to the exclusion of others. Its the same as I can't get too worked up any more about the Foley/Quade debate. I would have loved to see Quade get more of a run, but thats never going to happen. Some people are not ready to move on from this, and good on them.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    I don't see these questions being asked in other postings and it may be that it is too early to have answers to them.
    1. What does this mean for the local clubs?
    2. Do the local clubs have any liabilities, actual or contingent, arising from this action and/or from the claim by Rugby Australia?
    3. Do sponsors of the local clubs have any liabilities, actual or contingent, arising from this action and/or from the claim by Rugby Australia?
    4. What does this mean for the proposed new Senior Grade competition in 2018?
    Very fair questions and perhaps to get absolute clarity I suggest you send these questions to: Scott Langdon <slangdon@kordamentha.com>

From our perspective, nothing changes with respect to our new comp next year. We need to draw a line in the sand with respect to financial issues hanging over our heads so that we can now focus on Community.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moz View Post
    I thought you had been a bit quiet today! I wasn't up for going on the Roar this morning.... Anything of interest, or just same old same old?

I can appreciate that the Eastern Staters are not as invested in this as us. Therefore, its only ever of passing interest, even though the Inquiry has shown that all states (and right down to grassroots) have been affected by the mis-management of funds and biased shown to some parties to the exclusion of others. Its the same as I can't get too worked up any more about the Foley/Quade debate. I would have loved to see Quade get more of a run, but thats never going to happen. Some people are not ready to move on from this, and good on them.
    TWAS has been shredded but not everyone can respond to all of his posts.

Agree 100% with the second paragraph. A lot of the Government funding in WA and the ACT was brought about by the ARU under funding both unions.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    OK, I've joined the dark side, Posted my first article on the Roar, it's about the sanitisation of the Force Tragedy by the media, It ends with the quite Go on Roar editors post my article, I dare you!

I confidently expect it to be rejected at which point I'll post it here!

C'mon the

vCash
    TWAS has been shredded but not everyone can respond to all of his posts.

Agree 100% with the second paragraph. A lot of the Government funding in WA and the ACT was brought about by the ARU under funding both unions.
    Can you post a link, my article included copies of every headline there, if you searched for Force, youd have no luck.

I still cant believe that none of the rugby papers has picked this up.

C'mon the

vCash
    http://www.theroar.com.au/2017/11/16...k-rebels-deal/

Tom Decent has put up an article. Just been reading the RA article some new arseholes defending the RA have come out to play

Last edited by Bakkies; 17-11-17 at 12:25.

vCash
    TWAS has been shredded but not everyone can respond to all of his posts....
    Nah Bakkies it's done my head in reading all that drivel. Joel is on a full time paid contract. Signal to noise ratio he is spending literally the entire day, day after day, typing that shit against individuals who spend an hour at it.

The worst shill I have ever seen, completely destroying the rugby boards

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    FingerTips, in my view the answer to your questions are likely to be as follows:

1 The local clubs have no Union to play for, and the Administrators are unlikely to be accepted by RA or the IRB as successors to RugbyWA. Potentially, there can be no unsanctioned Rugby played in Western Australia, and all player insurances could be voidable from the date of the Administration. What will happen to pre season training, let alone actual games?

2 This will be interesting. The local clubs are the constituting menbers of RugbyWA. Whether recourse can be had to the assets of the local clubs will depend on the provisions of the RugbyWA Constitution, what debts the clubs owe to RugbyWA, and what if any guarantees the clubs have provided to secure RugbyWA's debts.

3 I would very much doubt that club Sponsors are exposed to any liability. Their contract, if any, is with the club alone.

4 God knows.

But I suspect you knew all this already.

vCash
    I'm feeling quite relieved that we can now be free of anything to do with the rat's nest. Bring on WA Gov legal fight now as there will be no collateral damage they can do to WA Rugby anymore, the hounds can be let off the leash well and truly. Look forward to a rebirth of WA Rugby praps the Western Phoenix Rugby Union rising from the ashes, in cohesion with IPRC. BTW how long would it take for ASIC to look at investigation is it still doable? Can the Senate still push for it to happen?

vCash
    So WA rugby aligns itself with the IPRC, probably end up with more support/money then the east coast ever gave. (QLD only had 2 times as many players but 9 times more funding)

Player
    vCash
    Hi to all twf. 6PR said they are going to contact me to ask my point of view as a fan. I’ve only heard the news just now as been busy at work.
    Oliver Peterson has told me it is at 4 o’clock and would like you all to ring the station and vent your frustrations thoughts and feelings.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    http://www.theroar.com.au/2017/11/17...dministration/

Surprisingly, the comments section hasn't been hijacked yet.

vCash
    Give it a couple of hours.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    To my dear fried Ali....
    Careful Alison, I think Hansie has plans for you. You might end up being the bbq at sundays busy bee!

I am really a Palmyra troll.

vCash
    Oli Peterson on 6PR on this right now

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast