Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: RugbyWA goes into voluntary administration after Western Force legal fight with ARU

vCash
    Now I wait with baited breath to see if this is reported on the roar, GAGR, Rugbydotcom, the Australian the SMH or the Telegraph. Right next to the senate enquiry articles that didn't happen

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Now I wait with baited breath to see if this is reported on the roar, GAGR, Rugbydotcom, the Australian the SMH or the Telegraph. Right next to the senate enquiry articles that didn't happen
    Jodi is doing a good job of getting it out there! I am sure Bakkies will have it posted on G&GR 👍

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Why should twiggy or any of the other RugbyWA benefactors have to stump up any of their own money to a bunch of people that have been referred to ASIC? I feel for RugbyWA it just goes to show that Rugby Australia are applying a scorched earth policy as if taking the Force away wasn’t enough of a conquest for them.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Player
    vCash
    I'm contemplating a formal Press Council complaint about the lack of coverage on the SMH's RugbyHeaven. The grounds would be censorship of public information that reflects poorly on one of their sponsors. Sort of a reverse payola, if you like.

vCash
    Do what all "bankrupt" entities do, put it all in the wife's name and the change the company name. People's Liberation Front becomes Liberation Front of the People etc

Or say ARU becomes RA

I personally like RugbyWA transmogrification into WAR

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Good luck getting your costs back now Rugby Australia. You lot can eat a giant bag of dicks.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Well we knew they were arseholes, now we know they are bitter, vindictive arseholes..........Rugby Arseholes

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Clever move!
    A company that should consider a Voluntary Administration is one that:
    Is insolvent so needs a deal with creditors;
    Had a one-off loss or a bad trading period which caused the problems;
    Has a viable business but needs a freeze on creditors to allow time to cut debts, reduce costs and staff, and give some time to rebuild sales and profit margins.

The objective of a Voluntary Administration is to save a company so it can continue its operations, whereas the objective of a liquidation is to finalise all of its affairs.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Bugger, who do I blame now?

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Have the administrators finalized next season's competition yet?

If not, I've got a few constructive suggestions for them.

Champion
    vCash
    Much more detail here

Rugby WA goes into administration over financial woes after end of Western Force
    Nick Taylor
    Friday, 17 November 2017 8:05AM

The demise of the Western Force was a key factor in Rugby WA going into voluntary administration.Picture: Nic Ellis
    WA rugby union has taken another big demoralising hit, with the state’s governing body closing its doors as Rugby Australia continues to chase costs over the failed legal battle to save Western Force from the Super Rugby axe.
    RugbyWA’s dramatic move into voluntary administration, threatening the existence of the game in WA, was announced this morning after RA refused to accept their final offer towards legal fees they claim have reached $1.7 million.
    An insider said the RWA board had been left with no other option.
    “Super Rugby franchises and grassroots rugby should be outraged," he said.
    “The outcome for Rugby Australia, and therefore rugby in Australia, is almost zero cash recovery and more money is likely to be spent by Rugby Australia to pursue this claim for costs in the courts."

Here is the link

https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...-ng-b88663030z

Apprentice
    vCash
    Talk about growing the game.

New life lessons honesty and integrity don't even matter even 5% when corruption and Graft win 100% of the time

and why have i heard nothing about a senate hearing in the press when this is on sbs news, Triple j, perthnow, Front page of thewest.com.au. got to love a boys club the real kicker is that News.com is reporting that the Rebels have signed Wallabies (not force) players Billy Meaks and Richard Hardwick

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Jodi is doing a good job of getting it out there! I am sure Bakkies will have it posted on G&GR 👍
    Done, just posted

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    If they’ve gone into VA, doesn’t that mean the creditors have the final say as to whether the company can continue?
    No. That's only when there's an action to wind them up

Champion
    vCash
    O.K. let me try and summarize.

1. Andrew Forrest made commitments to fund OUR legal case. Clayton Utz on behalf of the ARU tried to move an action through the Supreme Court in WA - when we first injuncted - that the case should be dismissed as we could not fund our legal battle. We had a number of people put their hands up to say they would help fund this battle - NOWHERE did we commit to fund their battle, accept losses, damages etc. Once we went to Arbitration and into NSW our commitment became null and void. Andrew together with us, made an offer to the ARU that exceeded 50% of their $840,000.00 claim and a commitment that over time we would endeavour to pay more. It was a "take it or leave it" offer and when left - Andrew quite rightly withdrew his offer.

As directors we have a duty to declare that we are facing insolvency and therefore need an Administrator to continue the operation .

Rugby Juniors and Referees WA, are insulated from this.

Bear in mind RA have just gone through re-branding. An unnecessary cosmetic exercise. They needed votes from all unions to approve the re-branding, we asked how much did this cost, we were told $180K . sorry to say but this is Bulls$%t. Are you telling me all the graphics, changes to posters, signage, business cards, intellectual property, colour selection etc cost this little!!!!

So much for trying to be frugal and channel funds to grass roots.

We will be working closely with Korda to make sure we continue and keep our good people.

Bear in mind, Andrew is still behind the Western Force and we still want to make the IPRC a success.

To my dear fried Ali.... our hearts want to do what you suggest, but we have to do some research which will take time. World Rugby needs to be involved, finances looked at, pathways assured and the full effect needs to be thoroughly thought through, we are doing that.

14 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast