Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: It's time to move on.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    You're right. You seem like a real whinger looking for something for nothing in life.

Probably best you avoid any community sporting club as that comprises team oriented people who are prepared to help out and enjoy the friendships that evolve.

Not your cuppa tea I suspect but many other Force supporters will get a whole new buzz out of rugby by getting involved at their local rugby club.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Darkness; 15-11-17 at 10:31.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    You're right. You seem like a real whinger looking for something for nothing in life.

Probably best you avoid any community sporting club as that comprises team oriented people who are prepatting red to help out and enjoy the friendships that evolve.

Not your cuppa tea I suspect but many other Force supporters will get a whole new buzz out of rugby by getting involved at their local rugby club.
    I can see where you're coming from, but some of us are getting that from other organisations now. The clubs need to find a place for those supporters of rugby who, for whatever reason, can't or won't be actively involved. To abuse them and call them limp dicks will only complete the cycle of alienation that they feel and they will be lost to the clubs forever.

I only came to an active participation in the sport as a result of the Force. before that I was a moderately interested Wallaby watcher who played other sports. The Force came along and bang! my young fella wanted to play rugby. so I went along to the local club and assistant coached his team until he gave the game away (being small and slow, brutal combination in rugby)

Now we participate in different sport, which suits our interests and capabilities better, unfortunately this involves most of our Saturdays, year round. so we haven't given away the camaraderie, or the joy of giving to a community club, our Act Belong Commit is strong.

If I get that kind of attitude the next time I walk into Rocko, I'm pretty sure I won't walk back and you'll never get the chance to turn me back into a committed club member.

Don't think like the ARU, you have to look a couple of years into the Future.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    If people have involvement in community organisations and are enjoying it, great.

Comments by some on twf highlight the point I've been making for years; there are rugby people out there and there are Force supporters , with some overlap.

We're not here to beg the Force supporters to come to the clubs because they'll most likely wander off to something else entirely.

I think the point Westie was making was if you are one of the rugby tragics go along to your local club and you'll have a great time. You don't have to become president and put in 30 hrs a week volunteering, you might join as a social member, get a club polo shirt, watch a few home games and meet some like-minded people.

If that doesn't suit then don't.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I am really a Palmyra troll.

Champion
    vCash
    During this time, I have been personally approached by a bunch of non club aligned Sea of Blue fans, asking to help in any way.

So, we shall have a forum evening on December 4th. Details to follow. Bob Hunter will manage the co-ordination and talents.

How good would it be to have more folk engage and join this most amazing Rugby Community. We are no doubt that our vision and plan to achieve our goals will be that much easier as we engage with the Sea of Blue.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    During this time, I have been personally approached by a bunch of non club aligned Sea of Blue fans, asking to help in any way.

So, we shall have a forum evening on December 4th. Details to follow. Bob Hunter will manage the co-ordination and talents.

How good would it be to have more folk engage and join this most amazing Rugby Community. We are no doubt that our vision and plan to achieve our goals will be that much easier as we engage with the Sea of Blue.
    I look forward to many new members and volunteers at neddies and soaks next year, especially those with money.

vCash
    I look forward to many new members and volunteers at neddies and soaks next year, especially those with money.
    I’ll be a Neddies one. Have also put my name down to help with the busy bee this Sunday!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Down at Cott
    Name:  1974-Cottesloe-Beach.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  162.0 KB

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I’ll be a Neddies one. Have also put my name down to help with the busy bee this Sunday!
    Excellent. I'm sure Hansie will direct the majority of new volunteers to the foreshore.

vCash
    Excellent. I'm sure Hansie will direct the majority of new volunteers to the foreshore.
    Nothing to do with that. Neddies is closest to where I live. Simple as that; no other motives.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    That is straight up funny. Even on this thread you can't help yourself...it makes getting any sort of involved sound so alluring! 😁

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post

Will be there Hansie!

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    That is straight up funny. Even on this thread you can't help yourself...it makes getting any sort of involved sound so alluring! 😁
    Come to the club agm tomorrow night at 6pm and volunteer for a role or come to the club busy bee this sunday morning at 9am and do some work.

Or you can stay home with fast food takeaways like you normally do and contemplate what else you might have a whinge about. I know, the world's against you and you're becoming frustrated.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Are those options mutually exclusive?

They are at Palmyra.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I moved on quite a while ago, so not particularly frustrated. Out of curiosity though, if I do come down, does that then give me the right to have relentless snide shots at Hansie, personally attack all the other community guys, bleat about players being unfairly distributed/poached and whine about RWA all over this website like you do? I mean, it does look like so much fun (and not annoying at all), but I'm not sure I can muster up all the cognitive dissonance and self-unawareness necessary to then also go accusing others of being whingers...

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Andy, you are clearly not Politician material.

If you were, you would have no difficulty coping with the seemingly incongruous concepts at all.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast