Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Senate hearing - Wednesday

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    This is on Facebook, from a Michael Bell and pretty much breaks your heart:
    Dear ARU (or Rugby Australia or whatever you call yourselves this week).......I have supported OUR game (It's not yours) as a player, a volunteer, a coach, an employee, a contractor and most importantly as a die hard fan who resides in the area you consistently neglect.......western Sydney.
    Simply...... I surrender!
    Wow......thank you for re-posting that.... There is so much that is amazing with our game, and then you read things like that and you think "how could people root up our game so much...". It will survive, but geez struth, they are testing us!!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Goes back to the adage Rugby's problem is within

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    This is on Facebook, from a Michael Bell and pretty much breaks your heart....
    All I can say is this:
    ...The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor...
    And hopefully D-Day is coming

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Brett McKay has at least had the courtesy to respond to my tweets albeit negatively that it would do no good and change nothing, I have told him irrespective it is a journalists duty to ensure the truth and injustice is reported on and not hidden away
    Brett McKay writes articles for rugby.com.au the ARUs propaganda website. He writes the occasional critique of the ARU but is inside the tent at the end of the day. Another of the covering his own ass brigade.

vCash
    To be fair to Brett he doesn't have a Fairfax or News Corp contract or redundancy to cover his hole.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    This is on Facebook, from a Michael Bell and pretty much breaks your heart:
    Dear ARU (or Rugby Australia or whatever you call yourselves this week).......I have supported OUR game (It's not yours) as a player, a volunteer, a coach, an employee, a contractor and most importantly as a die hard fan who resides in the area you consistently neglect.......western Sydney.
    I have worked my arse off to get boys and girls and young men and women playing the game. When coaching at a northern beaches club I would drive to Campbelltown from Moore Park to pick a talented kid up for training, then drive him home after training then I'd go home near Penrith, all while it was $1.85 a litre. I have sat in meetings where the then CEO of NSW Rugby wanted to kick the 2nd oldest club in Sydney out of the comp so his old club could feed on the carcass. I've helped extremely talented kids get into exclusive GPS schools to see them go on to represent Australia at Schoolboys and U20s level. I have seen the Waratahs try to recruit 2 of those players in particular by placing a condition on them to change clubs to Randwick as a condition of the contract. Those 2 players now dominate NRL on a weekly basis and 1 played for the country of his father's birth in the semi finals of the RL World Cup. I've seen the current coach and GM Rugby of the Waratahs not even have the courtesy and decency to tell a contracted player there's no deal for him next year. The player only finding out by the announcement in the media of the signing of a pIayer from another side. I've seen the ARU spend a quarter of million dollars on a "governance review" where they consulted the then CEO's of Super Rugby teams ONLY and called it a "comprehensive review of all levels of the game". I've sat in meetings where the current CEO of ARU announced the withdrawal of all financial support to all non professional levels of the game because if grass roots were given money "they'd piss it up against a wall ". I've seen the ARU continue to appoint people to the Board of Directors with absolutely no experience in Rugby whatsoever. I've seen the ARU continue to refuse to answer people who have asked them to clarify the Directors nomination process. I've seen the ARU continue to ignore the very people who support them. I've seen the ARU completely embarrass us as a nation over the diabolical handling of not only their own finances (who pissed what up against the wall?) but also of the Super Rugby number of teams reduction. I've seen them appoint a coach who whilst he has probably forgotten more about the game than I'll ever know, continue to make me feel embarrassed to be an Australian by the way he behaves and reacts to on field decisions, or legitimate questions from the media or satire in the press.
    But I draw the line, I simply can't continue, when two of the fundamental characteristics of our great game are completely disregarded. Respecting the opposition and not giving away a jersey in selection to someone who doesn't deserve it. The selection of the team v Scotland this morning showed the lack of respect for the opposition. And the selection of Stephen Moore was nothing more than a testimonial selection. Granted, he's been a tremendous servant to the game.......for half a million bucks a year........but club teams don't give away 1st grade jerseys yet the Wallabies now give away theirs.
    So ARU thanks for the memories. I'll cherish forever having seen great players like Poidevin, Horan, Ella, Eales, Lawton, Lynagh, Campese, Tune, Roff, Ofahengaue, Gavin, Kefu, Leeds, Campton, Kay, Cahalane, Lowery and Koen to name a few.
    I'll cherish seeing young Parramatta players who didn't have two bob to rub together travel from Canberra to Parramatta at 4am to serve breakfast to 400 homeless people at Parramatta Mission. Those players then thanked the homeless for the opportunity to be there and help.
    But I am done.
    I simply cannot any longer, sit by and watch you allow people, employed by yourselves, soil the memory of those who've gone before them and disrespect the traditions of the game.
    Simply...... I surrender!
    Well written and hits the heart of the issue perfectly. The ARU are run by elitist idiots who have no connection or respect for Rugbys values and traditions.

vCash
    Wow.....and I thought I was hurting. Compelling stuff. Heartbreaking is the word. e mailed to Alan Jones.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Well, with Phil Kearns at the helm I can’t see anything changing.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Such an absolute shame. This entire board have completely taken advantage of rugby people. Unfortunately all he (or any rugby person) can offer is surrender. What will it take to get rid of this board. It has been nothing but disastrous. Yet completely untouchable... my head shakes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I remember Manly getting their knickers in a twist over the Brumbies asking them to release Robbie Coleman and Anthony Hegarty. Manly said these are our own players get your own. Even though they are ACT Rugby products contracted to the Brumbies so they have to play club Rugby in the ACT.

Then you had the Faingaa twins and Clyde Rathbone playing for Easts, Mark Chisholm and Francis Fainifo for Randwick and Guy Shepherdson for Southern Districts. All contracted to the Brumbies before the ACT requirement was brought in. None had ties to Sydney.

Andy Friend tried to bring it in. The Force and Rebels for their respective comps to stop in fly in fly out club players having to choose. Remember Tim
    Davidson and Gavin de Bartolo walking out on the Force as they didn't want to move to a Perth.

It took a foreigner in Jake White to put it through at the Brumbies and it has improved ACT club Rugby and its pathways.

vCash
    I'm guessing the bloke who made the Facebook was talking about Tepai Moeroa and Taane Milne as the players pressured to play for Randwick but ended up going to RL. Great stuff by the Waratahs. Not.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Well written and hits the heart of the issue perfectly. The ARU are run by elitist idiots who have no connection or respect for Rugbys values and traditions
    and who are on the board of the ARU/RA so that
    1. they can list another Trophy board seat on their CV and
    2. they can feed off the ARU/RA gravy train with all its perks.

vCash
    Has anyone got the latest VRU financial reports?

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Do you really think they care if they are re-employed with the money already in their bank accounts.
    Bet they are more healthy than mine
    They are used to a certain lifestyle, not only monetary but the profile that comes with being a high flying business leader. Any ASIC inquiry may affect that

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    He will be a mouthpiece for Clyne

Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 ... LastLast