Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast

Thread: Senate hearing - Wednesday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    From what I saw from Foxsports was a consensus that a side had to go and the wrong one went. No analysis, very little said about the Rebels performances and monetary losses, the Senate Inquiry was raised for about 2 minutes on Kick and Chase with the standard what we already knew which wasn't true (no analysis on what was said and the behaviour of Pulver) and even Cannon wasn't vocal after a while (I doubt by choice). Cameron Shepherd tore the RA apart for their decision. I don't think he appeared on an interview in relation to the fiasco after that.

The 7:30 report episode that Alison was on?
    Then I think your recollections of who said what are patchy. In the period before the axe fell we had loads of support in the east. But as I SAID the cone of silence has dropped since the dirty laundry has started coming out. Fox is trying to salvage the shipwreck. The people who work for them don't get to go on air and say whatever they like any more than journalists can write whatever they like - and get it published. Wayne Smith appears to have more latitude than most, but still seems a little more circumspect in his articles on the subject.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    I must be blocked on rugby.com
    I’ve tried to send several messages over the last few days but a red message keeps popping up with error. I tried to send this message this morning after a few eastern states supporters were sharing their thoughts.

To those that say we should give it a rest and we have been out of order in the way we have dealt with this I say you are blind and obviously like most one eyed in your view of the situation.
    There has been people who have been genuine in their feelings of course, but to say it has only been people from WA who have been on the offensive in the past about the loss of their team and attacking other supporters is disingenuous we have also copped from supporters of other franchises equally.

Now that we have lost our team the attitude will be different again. Supporters from the east can sit knowing they have a team and just want to move on - fair enough, but where do we go being one of if not the most isolated cities in the world.

Contributors on this site have labelled us sooks etc but then you can do that from a sense of power still having your team meaning in a sense you are bullying and baiting supporters from WA. I understand you have your view point but then so do we and we should be allowed to express it. It’s called freedom of speech.

I’m all for constructive debate, but in the true sense of the word the RA has been destructive, they have first beheaded WA draw card and slashed and burned WA fuelling it’s near extinction with the lies and deceit that has been released in the media, senate inquiry and evidence provided by people in the know.

The Ra themselves suggested supporting wa through this tough time and at no time has this been evident. They toss aspersions at private people like Twiggy Who offered assistance and fluff offf help with ‘its all too late!’ Phrases.

Fact is they have never really tried or supported rugby and I think i’m being unfair to RA because really it’s the individuals who sit under the banner of RA who are at fault.

IPRC is a brain child of hope that was to come out of the ashes of rugby representation in WA while growing the sport world wide in regions it had not ventured before at a pro level. The fact is i’m not sure what RA are frightened of as it would allow players more opportunities at all levels with growth of player development only being for the better allowing those who did not get an opportunity elsewhere to step up and show off their wares.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Very well said Mothy!

The reason it won’t post could be because it’s over their word limit?

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Very well said Mothy!

The reason it won’t post could be because it’s over their word limit?
    The article on the RA site mentioned that NSW and Qld had their doubts over the IPRC as it may affect their club pool of players. Load of bollocks. Any player with ambition has to move out of those competitions.

The Brumbies said they are keen to find out more information about the potential commercial benefits that could flow on to the state unions.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    The article on the RA site mentioned that NSW and Qld had their doubts over the IPRC as it may affect their club pool of players. Load of bollocks. Any player with ambition has to move out of those competitions.

The Brumbies said they are keen to find out more information about the potential commercial benefits that could flow on to the state unions.
    Protecting the Heartlands instead of growing the game is what has led us to this mess in the first place.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Protecting the Heartlands instead of growing the game is what has led us to this mess in the first place.
    More the Rebels that has created this mess. The RA 'loaned' millions to a team that was privately owned and will cost them more now as the VRU haven't a pot to piss in. The Rebels will have to get a new private owner to leech off the RA so they can maintain four teams.

When the Rebels were set up originally the whole point of the private ownership was not to drain the RA who were cash strapped at the time. It was supposed to create a $30 million dollar windfall which didn't last long.

Twiggy said he still has Australian Rugby's interest at heart but quiet rightly he has not going to give the RA money to bail out the Rebels and Reds. I would be quiet happy if some IPRC money went the way of the ACT, WA, NT, SA and Tas unions that are heavily underfunded. Very few clubs in the ACT have clubhouses these days (the Raiders or developers have brought them out) yet they field sides from the under 6s to the thirsty thirds. The juniors compete in comps against private schools such as Marist and St Edmund's (Aquis moved their major sponsorship over to cover the juniors). Yet NSW and Qld throw it in the ACT's face for not developing players. This is one of the reasons why that dried up. I will get on to the state of Easts Rugby club (ACT) in a separate post.

WA need further funding for more pitches (which are expensive) to accommodate the growing number of players and assistance funding for the new clubs to recruit then develop players to field teams.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    Yep, im with Shasta on this. Keep digging new dirt on RA and their cronies, leave the squabbling with people who won't change their minds to other sites. The TWAS's of this world either are paid to bluster on or need the ego recognition. Leaking information to embarrass Rugby Australia is the way to keep the pressure on not trying to win an irrelevant comments section on Facebook. I get people are still angry, hell im still boiling myself, and still need to vent but we've got to be patient for our glorious new future.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Yep, im with Shasta on this. Keep digging new dirt on RA and their cronies, leave the squabbling with people who won't change their minds to other sites. The TWAS's of this world either are paid to bluster on or need the ego recognition. Leaking information to embarrass Rugby Australia is the way to keep the pressure on not trying to win an irrelevant comments section on Facebook. I get people are still angry, hell im still boiling myself, and still need to vent but we've got to be patient for our glorious new future.
    Well said Kalahard

vCash
    http://www.2gb.com/podcast/oliver-peterson-from-6pr-3/

Good to see Oliver Peterson go on Steve Price's show in Sydney to discuss WA headlines.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    but we've got to be patient for our glorious new future.
    http://nedlandsrugby.com.au/2017/12/...-fit-tomorrow/
    Well readers, one more sleep and the future of rugby in Western Australia will become a whole lot clearer.
    If your columnist is on the money, there will be a series of announcements made tomorrow which will leave RugbyWA fighting fit and in rude financial health.
    The first will be that RugbyWA has emerged from voluntary administration, having cut a series of debt forgiveness deals with its major creditors including the mob formerly known as the ARU, its lawyers and the WA Government.
    What’s more, the new and improved RugbyWA will have the financial backing of billionaire Andrew Forrest, as will the Perth Spirit team in the NRC after the ARU stonewalled Twiggy’s efforts to create his Indo Pacific Rugby Championship.
    And word from the changing sheds is that tomorrow’s announcement will be made by John Edwards, indicating he may be taking over as RugbyWA chairman from Tony Howarth, who will step down.
    That’s enough from your columnist for now. Bring on tomorrow….

vCash
    Remember in years gone by the only Rugby related issue we had at this time of year was to worry if we were gonna get a Gold & Black away jersey?

Last edited by WFDom; 07-12-17 at 14:44.
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Just heard Senator Reynolds on Q & A.

I now know why the Senate inquiry into the ARU she chaired was so profoundly successful in achieving an outcome we are all satisfied with.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Future PM? Having watched the day she delivered the report she needs to get out of the Senate and nominate for the House.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Just heard Senator Reynolds on Q & A.

I now know why the Senate inquiry into the ARU she chaired was so profoundly successful in achieving an outcome we are all satisfied with.
    Did you use the sarcasm font to write that, Fulvio?

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Did you use the sarcasm font to write that, Fulvio?
    Fulvio using sarcasm?
    Never

Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast