Page 32 of 64 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Senate hearing - Wednesday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UAUdiver1959 View Post
    Apparently Pulver is in the shite with his board, he promised them some good old RugbyWA cash (other that the GST we sponsor them with). He hard balled RubgyWA, when the offer was $650k he demanded $150k more and was told that we did not have it and if he did not take the $650k Twiggy would withdraw his portion of the settlement figure. He stuck to his guns, promised the ARU board he would get the money. Behold, Voluntary Administration starts tomorrow, the ARU will be lucky to see $20 or $30k. Pulver has stuffed up big time and the board not happy.

The ARU are skint, they need to pay out Force contracts, top up the MRRU again and someone whispered in my ear that QLD Reds have 'borrowed' $2m to pay out the endless queue of under performing coaches.
    Hahaha, oh my, Pulver looking like a moron to not only us but his own board, could this get any better? He has already resigned anyway so prob couldnt give two shits now, he is probably more interested in making sure he geta his $2million dollar golden handshake (ala O'Neil)... i am so happy WA called his bluff, it was a case of being just a little bit too greedy, something we all knew they would be guilty of being the morally bankrupt corrupt assholes they truely are. The ARU positions must be the only jobs in the world where incompetence is truely rewarded!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Apparently Pulver is in the shite with his board, he promised them some good old RugbyWA cash (other that the GST we sponsor them with). He hard balled RubgyWA, when the offer was $650k he demanded $150k more and was told that we did not have it and if he did not take the $650k Twiggy would withdraw his portion of the settlement figure. He stuck to his guns, promised the ARU board he would get the money. Behold, Voluntary Administration starts tomorrow, the ARU will be lucky to see $20 or $30k. Pulver has stuffed up big time and the board not happy.

The ARU are skint, they need to pay out Force contracts, top up the MRRU again and someone whispered in my ear that QLD Reds have 'borrowed' $2m to pay out the endless queue of under performing coaches.
    I have heard that the Reds got turned down by the ARU and were looking at alternative sources. How about Own the Reds!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    I have heard that the Reds got turned down by the ARU and were looking at alternative sources. How about Own the Reds!
    Do you think the ARU would be so kind as to announce the reds could possibly be eliminated from Super Rugby a day or two after the "Own the reds" announcement? Or do you think it is just us who gets this very special treatment?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Hahaha, oh my, Pulver looking like a moron to not only us but his own board, could this get any better? He has already resigned anyway so prob couldnt give two shits now, he is probably more interested in making sure he geta his $2million dollar golden handshake (ala O'Neil)... i am so happy WA called his bluff, it was a case of being just a little bit too greedy, something we all knew they would be guilty of being the morally bankrupt corrupt assholes they truely are. The ARU positions must be the only jobs in the world where incompetence is truely rewarded!
    I doubt he will get a golden handshake as his contract his up.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    I am surprised that St George haven't torn up their sponsorship deal.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    E mail will likely get only auto responses. Good old fashioned snail mail has to be opened and delegated to an actual person to be answered. Someone might even take notice of how many people are pissed off and tell the boss.

P.S. You will have to buy a stamp and an envelope and put your "letter" in an actual mail box. For anyone unfamiliar with this process, ask you Mum. Or you could just Google it.
    I had a French letter once. Is that similar?

Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    ....The ARU positions must be the only jobs in the world where incompetence is truely rewarded!
    Look up Peter Principal....it's universal especially public service and Govt

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    Yeah, our posts crossed. Tried to PM you but your message bin is full

I'm just anti ASIC at the moment as I've been billed twice a rego change and been jumping through hoops for weeks - it's all canned responses etc.

I'm all in for what ever lobbying needs to be done.
    Sorry about the full in-box SinBin. Got very behind on my housekeeping! Have caught up now!

I feel your pain re automated "customer service" - it's not too bad at State level but at Commonwealth level it's dreadful! As Shasta says, snail mail is the way to go with this, but we'll need to be prepared to wait a while for a response!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Rookie
    vCash

How confidential is all this? I'm tempted to put on G&GR. to spread the word!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moz View Post
    Don't bother, it would surely be brushed over pretty quickly by the usual suspects.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Go for it. I listened to the Podcast this week at is much better informed than what I have heard recently on there.

Player
    vCash
    You will get called a liar or get banned or both!

Rookie
    vCash
    You will get called a liar or get banned or both!
    Challenge Accepted!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Go for it. I listened to the Podcast this week at is much better informed than what I have heard recently on there.
    I agree, I think they are honestly pissed off about the whole deal. Obviously they are not invested as us with the level of anger, but it is pretty obvious how this whole saga has affected the whole Oz rugby community.

Hopefully it will soon be time for the ARU Board to pay the ferryman!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Bakkies, I see that TWAS took about 5 hours or so to launch a blistering comeback comment to you...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    "centralisation" and the "alliance" were a smoke-and-mirrors way of getting rid of us. That is now done, so the project team can now disband.
    In no way am I supporting Pulver, Clyne or the ERU but there are some good reason to support centralisation to some extent. If you look at the New Zealand model they have a much more centralised system, both in terms of marketing, administration, high performance and player development. Because of the power base of QLD and NSW over the current structure there is a lot of duplication of effort between the states and the national body. It's all about power, not about what is best for the development of the game. If the governance was truly national then you could go about centralising many aspects, effectively creating a single national "platform" for the local teams to build on. A good platform engages the local identity, passion and stakeholders. It would undoubtedly require some sort of national draft. However while there is vested interest running the show this isn't going to happen.

Page 32 of 64 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast