Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Senate findings - Tuesday

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Since when did TWF become the discussion room for GAGR, The Roar etc, if you want to discuss about them, do it over there, or somewhere else, not here, I think we've all had enough.

I'm sure most, like me here on TWF, don't bother looking at that rubbish and should not have to put up with ANY of it over here at TWF.

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Since when did TWF become the discussion room for GAGR, The Roar etc, if you want to discuss about them, do it over there, or somewhere else, not here, I think we've all had enough.

I'm sure most, like me here on TWF, don't bother looking at that rubbish and should not have to put up with ANY of it over here at TWF.
    I for one get my information from multiple sources and am open to other peoples opinions and am a supporter of freedom of speech. I don't like to be Siloed with my information sources. I have a pretty heavy bullshit filter though and am plugged into the teachings of the Gruen transfer and know political spin and trolls when I see it and them.

Why not bitch about them here? As long as it is in an appropriate thread and an appropriate topic.
    Discuss.

~ A Closed Mind is the most expensive thing you will ever own

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimboL View Post
    I for one get my information from multiple sources and am open to other peoples opinions and am a supporter of freedom of speech. I don't like to be Siloed with my information sources. I have a pretty heavy bullshit filter though and am plugged into the teachings of the Gruen transfer and know political spin and trolls when I see it and them.

Why not bitch about them here? As long as it is in an appropriate thread and an appropriate topic.
    Discuss.

~ A Closed Mind is the most expensive thing you will ever own
    Well you just taught me a new term. I had to look it up in wikipedia to understand what you were saying. Love it

vCash
    Wil Anderson's stand up routine is gold also. But

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Nick Hartman accusing Perth Girl of lying is not going to help matters.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/tue...ugby-news-205/
    I wont be going there again, if I had said that I would have been banned!

vCash
    As out of line as he was I wouldn't let to get to you.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    I wont be going there again, if I had said that I would have been banned!
    I was also shocked by Nick Hartman saying to you:
    "stop lying. no one here is happy with the status quo. i assume of course that you listen to podcasts, read the news, read the articles on this site. if you don't, then you're just making stuff up"

Then Chinese Dave says "He's referring to the Senate, not you."

Then RugbyReg has the cheek to come on TWF and say
    "What a ludicrous over reaction by you guys."

Never posted on GAGR , but read them every day, but will also give them a miss from now on.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    they are getting very touchy over there,ha ha

vCash
    Then Chinese Dave says "He's referring to the Senate, not you."
    which makes no sense. Sites like that given the limited audience (I reckon there is barely a handful from outside of Australia that post on articles and the forums) and rely on donations can't afford to lose clicks. I say a lot of them don't get paid so it's not a good look for aspiring journos (and the game needs more of them) to be dishing that out.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    GreenandGold rugby really is full of amateur journalism. Probably the best article ever posted on that site was by Alison, and I am not just saying that because of my support for the Force, but it was proper investigative journalism. Alisons facts were used ruthlessly throughout the Force axeing debacle, it launched the basis for the corruption scandal which unfolded with the imperium unit trust deals which was used to siphon money which should have been directed towards grassroots and rugby development, but was instead swindled away by the greedy corporate assholes who run our sport. Alisons investigative skills also made the 730 report on ABC. That is real quality journalism. G&G rugby could learn a thing or two from that.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Absolutely. A lot of the regular article writers on The Roar cop a lot of vitriol even the likes of Nick Bishop and Scott Allen who supply analysis off their own bat which you rarely see on Rugby sites have it dished to them. Apart from David Lord I haven't seen many lash out at posters on the Rugby tab.

vCash
    The problem was irreverent "humour" struck a raw nerve...as it often does....and the author was unable to disassociate. He should have replied in the same vein as the article, instead he took himself far more seriously than the article warranted.

Not cool

Now to move along....

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    The problem was irreverent "humour" struck a raw nerve...as it often does....and the author was unable to disassociate. He should have replied in the same vein as the article, instead he took himself far more seriously than the article warranted.

Not cool

Now to move along....
    A good start would be to start taking the senate inquiry or the missing millions of dollars seriously. But like the others on here have said, if this is the road they want to go down then I wont be coming back to their shitty site to read all that garbage. If a website that is devoted to Australian Rugby can't even take a fucking senate inquiry seriously then our whole sport is catastrophically bloody doomed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    A good start would be to start taking the senate inquiry or the missing millions of dollars seriously. But like the others on here have said, if this is the road they want to go down then I wont be coming back to their shitty site to read all that garbage. If a website that is devoted to Australian Rugby can't even take a fucking senate inquiry seriously then our whole sport is catastrophically bloody doomed!
    They support teams that compared to the Force of the last 12 years have lived in a land of milk and honey in terms of ARU support. They just assume everything will always be okay because it always has been.

Millions of dollars is nothing as they've never had to go without. (There is a reason we had to set up our own academy based on outside funding)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    They support teams that compared to the Force of the last 12 years have lived in a land of milk and honey in terms of ARU support. They just assume everything will always be okay because it always has been.

Millions of dollars is nothing as they've never had to go without. (There is a reason we had to set up our own academy based on outside funding)
    That is the sad reality when you are born with a silver spoon shoved up of your ass! Maybe that is just the sad plain truth, they will simply never care for the true well being of the sport. Quite happy to let the infighting destroy the game from within all so they can all have their "fair" slice of the pie. The helpless feeling having to watch this unfold, with almost everything hinging on this senate inquiry, the tension could only rival the dying minutes of a World cup final.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast