Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Suprise announcement - not - from Australia Ruined rugby coming

Apprentice
    vCash
    Further destroys the credibility of the compensation demands

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    I tell you what when they leave their positions there better not be any golden handshake they have done nothing but harm to this sport.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    This agreement leaves a better chance for the ARU to go broke and start again. There's a positive.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    It’s all about corporate sponsorship to get the extra dollars. After the Senate Inquiry findings are released on Monday the MRRU and RA will be viewed as lepers. Untouchables.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Just re-read the media release.
    “Rugby Australia, RUPA and the four Super Rugby clubs will look to develop a plan for 2018 to ensure as many players stay in Australia as possible, a statement from the governing body confirmed on Friday.”

So there was no forward thinking about going from 5 to 4? There is NO plan. They are only going to ‘look’ at developing a plan. WTF?

This is unfair on our orphaned players. It’s discriminatory and RUPA need to grow a decent set of hairy kahoonas and quick smart

vCash
    The only plan they had was to destroy the Force and make sure the Rebels survived with bells on. Anything beyond that was too much for their tiny brains to cope with. I think Senator Reynolds mentioned something to Clyne in one of the hearings about whether they had done any thinking about the consequences of culling the Force. Can’t remember what his response was. Probably involved a great big spreadsheet though.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    You can see a trend with Clyne and Pulver . I’m going to call it CEO SOP ( standard operating procedure ) 2.01 Take a look at some big business recently NAB 6000 job cuts ANZ 5000 job cuts Qantas 7000 job cuts all for the shareholders profits.. These muppets tried the same strategy but had NO idea who and what the shareholders were and believed in . That’s why I’m so disappointed in the likes of John Eales who grew up in the rugby community. He ( they ) should have been publicly banging on the door and table over the decisions being taken . Andrew Forrest made a profound statement sometime ago . If someone comes forward with ONLY capital for the IPRC I’m not interested. He gets it !

vCash
    but in regards to John Eales, he wasn't the only high profile former Player that was advocating for the downsizing, Kafer Mitchell and even our own B.Cannon were of the belief that that was the best way forward.. Some of those have come out later and stated that they didn't think it should be the Force but others like Horan did.... Eales was not alone in his allegiances, but he is one of the more influential figures.

vCash
    So where precisely is the $6m saving when all the Force players are hired by Rebels and the other teams, including the coach, and the celery cap increased accordingly? Even Stiles is getting a payout.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Hahahahahaha, Bison!!

Either the $6million figure was plucked out of the air, or they really are as thick as two short planks!! Or, all of the above.

Their one and only plan was to cull the Force. They had no other thought. They just omitted to factor in that “shareholders” in sporting organisations aren’t invisible or focused only their hip pockets like those in non-sporting organisations.

To coin a “Vivienne” phrase - “Big mistake; big; huge!”

vCash
    Yup Ali the figure was pulled, but not out of the air

I've often wondered why the paparazzi have never bothered to question the rubbery figures quoted by Patsy and Willy. The ARU facing bankruptcy, the "savings", what would happen to 20% of the workforce (subsequently all reemployed with increased celery caps), the travel (subsequently debunked) given the Sunwolves replaced the Force in Oz, etc etc etc

We have had precisely ZERO investigative journalism into the biggest sports story since...since... Essendon PEDs scandal (which was also whitewashed)

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Champion
    vCash
    What really gets to me is they had an out. Andrew F. Gave them a reason NOT to cut a team but they did it anyway!! There is all the rhetoric about how they are surprised at the back lash etc but they knew!! We had rally's, we sent how many emails to anyone and everyone. We fought so hard and we have nothing from them.. seriously it's so annoying. I think it comes down to the powers that be in NSW Rugby wanted us gone and Clyne just had a thing against Twiggy. It just makes my blood boil.. surely there is a budding journalist interested in doing an expose.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Someone here in either presently or in the past has pissed someone off so much that they've gone to these lengths to shit can us. Ahh well they'll get their come uppance! I volunteer Alison to be the one that jams the big juicy pineapple up their khybers first.

vCash
    Ha! I’m so sadistic that I’d want them to eat the pineapple as well!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast