Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast

Thread: The future of WA rugby

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    With this board and especially meddling Chairman, It will be her last job in sports admin. Which says something about her judgement, because although Blind Freddy could see what's been going on the past year she has willingly put her hand and reputation in a nest of vipers. She has screwed the pooch.

However, maybe she knows something we dont. Maybe she is cunning as a outhouse rat.
    To be fair to her, she has a fair amount of experience with troublesome boards. Anyone that has to deal with Ray Dib and the rest of the Bulldogs board on a day to day basis should be given a medal.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wallabydarnd View Post
    What that means is Australia is looking to a time when South Africa might decide its future lies in Europe, at which point RA would be looking at how Super Rugby evolves. The proposal is that New Zealand and Australia each would field five teams, which presumably would mean the Western Force would be revived, and that the trans-Tasman partners would join Forrest’s five Asia teams to form a 15-team time-zone friendly competition.
    Good they're thinking about it as I imagine that makes it more likely the IPRC will be approved.

The maths is slightly off though: 5 NZ teams + 4 existing Australian teams + Sunwolves + Western Force + 5 IPRC teams = 16 teams.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Very Big Call.
    For a C-level in a government organisation, the principal stakeholders are your political masters and your peers.
    For a C-level in a private enterprise, the principal stakeholders are your board and the shareholders (especially the big institutional ones).
    For a C-level in sports admin, the principal stakeholders are your customers (i.e. the fans), your players, your staff, the press and everybody else who has an opinion.

Sports admin is a tough gig.

(Georgina Robinson said on Offsiders that an essential prerequisite for the new CEO of the ARU/RA is a propensity for self-flagellation - and this time, it might help if the new CEO is not from Mosman.)

Last edited by FingerTips; 12-12-17 at 08:43.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    Good they're thinking about it as I imagine that makes it more likely the IPRC will be approved.

The maths is slightly off though: 5 NZ teams + 4 existing Australian teams + Sunwolves + Western Force + 5 IPRC teams = 16 teams.
    Jaguares?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    Jaguares?
    Why, they are half the problem we were cut. Not in our time zones

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post

The maths is slightly off though: 5 NZ teams + 3 existing Australian teams minus the Rebels under their current, tainted board. We don't want Tim North, Gary Gray or Rob Clarke anywhere near this competition + Sunwolves + Western Force + 5 IPRC teams =15 teams.
    Made a slight correction for you.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    From the IP rugby twitter page
    Into the negotiation pit we go....Will Rugby Australia sanction the Indo Pacific Rugby Championship? #IPRugby #newdawn #WARugby

Looks like the negotiations have commenced. Fingers crossed.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    On the new CEO Raelene Castle, it won't matter what she brings to the role. While she is working for the current Rugby Australia board led by the 2 Victorian conflicts of interest, DeClyne and Sherry, she won't be able to get much done as ultimately she will have to do what the board wants her to do. Once again the ARU is promoting a band aid solution as the codes saviour. The same problematic structures are still in place being the top down trickle economic policies, the same problems with NSW thinking that the Shute Shield is the be all and end all, stop gap recruiting over long term development, the current stink that follows DeClyne that is undermining public confidence in rugby, franchises that survive on entitlement to handouts instead of robust open market forces and practices, Super Rugby at an all time low for crowds and spectator interest, a national coach who is an embarrassment to Australian sport with his antics, a dud competition to try and sell to the broadcasters, an underachieving national side, DeClyning revenue streams from public image damage, an ASIC investigation hopefully, the ARU is still liable for the Rebels which will destroy their bottom line, distrust from our SANZAAR partners over competence to run a sustainable business, broken Super Rugby business model, an angry billionaire in WA who wants to be in direct competition with their main source of revenue, the Giteau law being used to leverage higher salaries by returning players, other womens competitions running rings around rugby and leaving us behind, no money for grass roots development and more.

Good luck with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UAUdiver1959 View Post
    Why, they are half the problem we were cut. Not in our time zones
    By no means am I wanting them. Just they are there currently. All for em in Rugby Championship but i think was a huge mistake including in Super

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    If I want my house painted I get the painters in. If I want a kitchen made I get the cabinet makers in. At least we have a Sports Administrator in the position now and not a banker or any other unqualified no name from the North Shore. Good move IMHO

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I think they tested the waters with the leak about kearns getting the gig, then when the reaction didn't improve went with the second option. Now likely scrambling to figure out how to leash her, so that by the time she gets her feet on the ground she'll be as ineffective as Pulver.

The litmus test will be the other executive appointments. If they're all Sydney uni supporters who live in Moore Park, then she's been kennelled.

If they all transfer from the bulldogs with here, she might win a battle or two.

Long run, until Clyne is forcibly removed, not much will change.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    The Roar have said that there will be a press conference at 1pm AEDT to announce her as the new CEO.

Last edited by Bakkies; 12-12-17 at 09:35.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    The litmus test will be the other executive appointments. If they're all Sydney uni supporters GPS old-boys who live in Moore Park between Mosman-Lane Cove and Wahroonga-Hornsby, then she's been kennelled.
    Fixed it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    (Georgina Robinson said on Offsiders that an essential prerequisite for the new CEO of the ARU/RA is a propensity for self-flagellation - and this time, it might help if the new CEO is not from Mosman.)
    Geez..when was the last time Offsiders mentioned the super rugby debacle? Have conveniently failed to mention anything on the Senate Report, RugbyWA or IPRC in the last four weeks if I recall correctly? Only mentioned Pulvers replacement might be in by Christmas

vCash
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/r...f35e9957bef666

Press conference about to start. Will be interesting to see if the bootlickers amongst the press will ask tough questions.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast