Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The future of WA rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    The Force supporter from the 7:30 Report makes the RA website

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/12...-wa-plans-2018
    Alison in the centre there, plus a few others I recognize from games and POTY nights (DM, I think, in the background, and I'm sure I recognize that distinguished gentlemen in the panama)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    Good news about getting the Western Force IP back - it will feel hollow if the IPRC doesn't go ahead though (nothing against using that name for the NRC but not as a consolation prize).

Of course the local comp is safe now which is most important.
    Absolutely a high performance centre with the end being the NRC will just produce more Rebels.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Nice subtle Tweet from Sen Reynolds

Good to see @RugbyAU_Media
    adopt recommendation two from Senate report, transferring #Westernforce
    #seaofblue IP back to @RugbyWA #seventogo

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Player
    vCash
    mmmm Melbourne Force (Rising ) v Western Force whose home game ?
    Its imperative that the RA board as it stands is completely overhauled (sacked ) I hope the pressure will continue to be applied by ALL parties.

Champion
    vCash
    What a day!!!

O.K. let try and fill in some gaps.

Perth Spirit will possibly be renamed the Western Force if that is the desire of the sea of blue and other stakeholders. For the sake of clarity let me continue calling our NRC team the Perth Spirit.

Minderoo has been so extremely generous. Besides trying to get the numpties over East to see the potential in the model and focussing on the IPRC, they have contributed to RugbyWA both cash to help us keep HQ, plus grow talent via the Future Force, but also provide some sporting expertise ( Hodgo and his team at Minderoo are pretty smart and experienced) .

We will need to work with our clubs to grow some depth as our intention is to have our Perth Spirit play matches either side of the NRC competition which will mean some matches may overlap our Community Comp. So, I suspect we will need to engage with clubs to see how we can keep the fire in Community but also the pathway for players to the Spirit. I have no doubt that together we can work out a solution.

The State Government has also been amazing - in a short period of time they have granted us a holiday "breathing space" . Lavan are saints and everyone of us needs to bow to them.

Let me also commend our new Chairman - John Edwards. This bloke who looks and operates like a scrum half, is actually a forward and he has negotiated some amazing outcomes for us with Andrew and RA. I reckon he could broker a deal between Trump and Kim Jong un.

Lets celebrate Christmas, take a wee breather because from January 2nd, things will crystallize and good things will happen.

Finally - Bob Hunter has kept the admin team together when all about them has been doom and gloom, and as for Senator Linda Reynolds - what can I say. Prior to our Rally, Senator Reynolds had not been to a Rugby match, did not really understand the game and had no personal stake in it. BUT look at her now, withstanding the bullying tactics of the ARU Chairman, sitting through dodgey testimony, reading reams of submissions and fighting for justice with a tenacity like an Openside Flanker.

We have a new Community Competition to look forward to - there will be some speed bumps - but I reckon if we can harness the goodwill out there, we can work through 2018 and tweak the comp to be better in 2019.

Have an awesome break everyone, stay safe and lets go hard in 2018.

13 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    John Edwards has just been on 6PR on Ollie’s show.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    The Force supporter from the 7:30 Report makes the RA website

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/12...-wa-plans-2018
    And me with the little flag!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    What a day!!!

O.K. let try and fill in some gaps.

Perth Spirit will possibly be renamed the Western Force if that is the desire of the sea of blue and other stakeholders. For the sake of clarity let me continue calling our NRC team the Perth Spirit.

Minderoo has been so extremely generous. Besides trying to get the numpties over East to see the potential in the model and focussing on the IPRC, they have contributed to RugbyWA both cash to help us keep HQ, plus grow talent via the Future Force, but also provide some sporting expertise ( Hodgo and his team at Minderoo are pretty smart and experienced) .

We will need to work with our clubs to grow some depth as our intention is to have our Perth Spirit play matches either side of the NRC competition which will mean some matches may overlap our Community Comp. So, I suspect we will need to engage with clubs to see how we can keep the fire in Community but also the pathway for players to the Spirit. I have no doubt that together we can work out a solution.

The State Government has also been amazing - in a short period of time they have granted us a holiday "breathing space" . Lavan are saints and everyone of us needs to bow to them.

Let me also commend our new Chairman - John Edwards. This bloke who looks and operates like a scrum half, is actually a forward and he has negotiated some amazing outcomes for us with Andrew and RA. I reckon he could broker a deal between Trump and Kim Jong un.

Lets celebrate Christmas, take a wee breather because from January 2nd, things will crystallize and good things will happen.

Finally - Bob Hunter has kept the admin team together when all about them has been doom and gloom, and as for Senator Linda Reynolds - what can I say. Prior to our Rally, Senator Reynolds had not been to a Rugby match, did not really understand the game and had no personal stake in it. BUT look at her now, withstanding the bullying tactics of the ARU Chairman, sitting through dodgey testimony, reading reams of submissions and fighting for justice with a tenacity like an Openside Flanker.

We have a new Community Competition to look forward to - there will be some speed bumps - but I reckon if we can harness the goodwill out there, we can work through 2018 and tweak the comp to be better in 2019.

Have an awesome break everyone, stay safe and lets go hard in 2018.
    👏👏👏👏👏 it was so wonderful to be there today for all the anmouncements. There was such a feeling of joy. Well done to every one involved in facilitating this amazing outcome!

Player
    vCash
    I had always thought Senator Reynolds was a regular rugby goer! Good on her for picking up our plight and running with it!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    I have just said a few words to Karen Tighe for Grandstand on ABC, either tomorrow or Sunday.

Player
    vCash
    Great Hansie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    Excellent. Are they going to post up Sen Reynolds' interview from the other day?

vCash
    Great too see you, Alison right up front and centre in the photo

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

Player
    vCash
    Bakkies I’ve just sent an email basically saying fans who missed the interviews were hoping they could be podcasted so they can hear the conversation.

Player
    vCash
    yeh they are both up Bakkie

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast