Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: NIB this Sunday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Tonga waz robbed
    The ref needed an extra security detail when "The Fickle Finger of Fate" was spotted on the Tonga coaching panel.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    The Wallabies "men possessed"? Possessed by what? A history of AB domination?

Not sure what you are saying there.
    Umm i think you need to get some perspective mate.
    After conceding 54 points in the first game the East Coast Wallabies actually outscored the All Blacks 86 to 53 in the remaining games. And that takes some doing, like playing like men possessed. Go back to the drawing board and try again, mate!

vCash
    How many Bledisloe Cups have resulted from that possession?

How many games have they won against the All Blacks this year?

they can outscore them 150 to nil, but if it doesn't win games it counts for nothing.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    How many Bledisloe Cups have resulted from that possession?

How many games have they won against the All Blacks this year?

they can outscore them 150 to nil, but if it doesn't win games it counts for nothing.
    So you are saying they dont play better against the All Blacks than they do against other teams eg. Scotland? Whether they win or not doesnt excuse the fact they play better against New Zealand (especially this year) than any of their other opposition eg. England, Scotland, South Africa. When did i say it resulted in a win? Their style improves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Umm i think you need to get some perspective mate.
    After conceding 54 points in the first game the East Coast Wallabies actually outscored the All Blacks 86 to 53 in the remaining games. And that takes some doing, like playing like men possessed. Go back to the drawing board and try again, mate!
    Oh sorry. Of course you are right. The Wallabies are killing it.
    Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt, eh?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Oh sorry. Of course you are right. The Wallabies are killing it.
    Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt, eh?
    Is that what I said was it. Your words mate, not mine. Somehow "playing better" is killing it is it.

vCash
    Look, I'm flattered to have a stalker, but you are boring. Find somebody else to troll.

PS Your Dad doesn't live under the Sydney Harbour Bridge does he?

vCash
    AS an exercise in curiosity, I wonder what sort of crowd they would have got for the Tonga/England game had they played it a bigger stadium? Could they have filled Eden Park for this one?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Good question. You'd think they would have expected a bumper crowd if NZ had made it. But Tonga seems to have at least as much as the national team if not more.
    Sadly the Wallabies are rapidly getting into a worse situation. You can't rule out them having an obviously smaller support base at home tests next year.

vCash

vCash
    Good question. You'd think they would have expected a bumper crowd if NZ had made it. But Tonga seems to have at least as much as the national team if not more.
    Sadly the Wallabies are rapidly getting into a worse situation. You can't rule out them having an obviously smaller support base at home tests next year.
    It will depend on how much support Ireland has. They started selling tour packages last year.

Brisbane is hosting the Boks and the Gold Coast is getting the Argentina game.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Calling it now, the Wallabies will not play in front of a single sell out crowd in Australia next year.

Edit: Just saw the venues they're playing at so they could probably sell those out with the amount of Irish here in Australia. The ARU can then point to sell out crowds and paper over the cracks some more.

Last edited by jargan83; 27-11-17 at 10:11.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    Fine line to tat call isn't there?

Doesn't every player effecting a tackle from behind take a swipe at the ball in an attempt to dislodge it? Exactly how can you tell the difference between that and a strip?

Mungos are pretty good at simplifying the rules so even the dumbest can understand them, this is a case where they've dropped the ball on that front (pun intended) Will this launch a rewrite of the rule to make it more clear? (thereby not giving any justice to Tonga who probably have good cause to be upset)

'Twas an unbelievable comeback, three tries in essentially five minutes, they weren't the better team on the field, but they did deserve that try and therefore the win!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Calling it now, the Wallabies will not play in front of a single sell out crowd in Australia next year.

Edit: Just saw the venues they're playing at so they could probably sell those out with the amount of Irish here in Australia. The ARU can then point to sell out crowds and paper over the cracks some more.
    There's a lot of Irish in Sydney that live in Randwick and Coogee.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Mungos are pretty good at simplifying the rules so even the dumbest can understand them
    It's actually the opposite of that. The laws were simple. They have complicated things with all sorts of ridiculous "interpretations" in search of perfection.

Of course that does not fit your theory that this is done because people who play and follow RL are inherently too dumb to understand the laws.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast