Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: ARU re-branding themselves as Rugby Australia

vCash
    I actually went to the referenced site, to the sports page (5 of them) and looked for similar MRRU logo's......no, I did not find one.

I knew it was too much money ... even for Cox/Clarke

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Ummm, totally a joke boys.

I don't know what's scarier the fact that I thought 3 million bucks was too much to be beyond belief or the fact that you bought it.

Maybe it wasn't totally out of the realms of possibility?
    Maybe Bakkies and others can start a new game on Roar and GAGR. Call it "the ARU fact or fiction game." Post a comment like can you believe that ARU spent x on y in xxxx year? And then post the answer a few hours later. Start with some really unbelievable, but true ones. And then have some fun with made up ones.

vCash
    Great kickoff for the rebranded FUARU.

Disgraceful': Alan Jones hits back at Cameron Clyne and Bill Pulver comments before Barbarians game

Tom Decent - ,SMH

Alan Jones has labelled the performances of Rugby Australia chief executive Bill Pulver and chairman Cameron Clyne as "disgraceful" after comments the pair made to Fairfax Media last week about not needing to promote the weekend's Barbarians game against the Wallabies.

Late last week, Jones expressed his anger that Rugby Australia (formerly the Australian Rugby Union), had not planned to organise match-day programs for the Barbarians fixture.

Asked for comment, Clyne and Pulver explained the match was not Rugby Australia's to organise.

"There's a bit of a misunderstanding, it's not our game," Clyne said. "It's a Barbarians game, they invite us to play. It's not our game to promote, it's theirs to promote. It wasn't even supposed to be here. Our job is to put a team on the field."

"This is effectively an away game for us," Pulver added, before making it known the match had been promoted on the Wallabies social media channels in the lead-up.

Speaking on his 2GB morning show on Monday, Jones went all guns blazing at Clyne and Pulver for what he believed was a lack of respect from Rugby Australia.

"Mr Pulver and Mr Clyne, your performance was disgraceful and continues to be disgraceful," Jones said. "Go, for God's sake, and relieve us of this tedium of indifference and inefficiency.

"If this was the best that rugby can do, it ought to hand over to others who can do better.

Get the latest news and updates emailed straight to your inbox.

By submitting your email you are agreeing to Fairfax Media's terms and conditions and privacy policy .
    "The defence from Pulver and Cameron Clyne, still chairman and wasting our money with lawyers before a Senate inquiry into Australian rugby, what was the argument? It wasn't their problem.

"Well Mr Clyne, in case you're dumb as well as duplicitous, let me tell our listeners a few things. You were paid $1.6 million for the game. If it wasn't a home game for you, why did your team, the Wallabies, take the home dressing room?

"What did Clyne and Pulver say, 'it's just our job to put a team on the field ... it's not our game to promote'. So the Australian Rugby Union are not here to promote rugby? Not here to promote what took place?

"The rugby union might not like me saying what it is but I'm echoing the sentiments of hundreds of people who have written to me," Jones said.

The SCG Trust helped out at the last minute to put together a program for the match.

Jones used his post-match press conference to let off some steam at Rugby Australia and a referee he said was out of his depth.

He said the lack of contact from those in Australian rugby was the most insulting thing about the week.

"If visiting rugby dignitaries associated with such a prestigious body as the Barbarians, the oldest rugby entity in the world … surely if they come to this country they're entitled to a little respect like a phone call, a welcome, a drink, a cup of tea," Jones said.

"I can understand why I've had none of those from Australian rugby. I have had no contact with anyone in Australian rugby since I was offered the job to coach the Barbarians. Nor a 'how do you do?' or even 'thank you'.

"I wasn't being paid for what I did except that the good people here [2GB] provided me with leave and I was paid while I was away. I was just trying to get people through the turnstiles.

"The only people playing some game are the mob who are currently before a Senate inquiry costing rugby a fortune and the mob who banished the Western Force and they were the people who didn't believe it was their responsibility to promote the game, just take the dough. Take the $1.6 million."

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Those reasons for not promoting a Wallabies-Barbarians fixture, once one of the showpiece events of running rugby, are daft. "It's not ours" Pathetic.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    The ARU / RA or the otherwise known as EARU just keep making themselves look worse and worse, surely there is a point where both Clyne and Pulver, and the rest of the boards positions become untenable. They all really need to step down for the good of the game, for the good of Rugby, if they have any inkling of humanity they would all do what is good and go. Walk away. They have all disgraced themselves to the point moving forward with these imbeciles is unfathomable.Alan Jones makes alot of good points about the current administration, he is bang on and I appluad him for being one of the few in the media holding the ARU/RA to account.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Those reasons for not promoting a Wallabies-Barbarians fixture, once one of the showpiece events of running rugby, are daft. "It's not ours" Pathetic.
    It's just one more example of the fact that the leadership at the FUARU just DO NOT understand what is required of them under their own constitution.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Couldn't have said it any better Alan

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Alan must have been licking his lips with what the idiots said last week. And bang he delivered today. Picking a media comment fight with Alan Jones is like a guppy picking a fight with a great white.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    I mean seriously, to think you would leave the promotion of the game etc to a touring club is simply unbelievable. I mean if you are governing the sport I think regardless of where you play their is surely a responsibility to promote the team and game, to expect the public to know about the game and just turn up, meanwhile RugbyAustralia pocket 1.6m $AUD for their efforts, not a single cent spent trying to get ticket holders and families through the door, that is disgraceful really, seems like a complete disregard and disconnect between RugbyAustralia and the average fan/grassroots players, our expectations certainly dont meet theirs or vice versa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Alan must have been licking his lips with what the idiots said last week. And bang he delivered today. Picking a media comment fight with Alan Jones is like a guppy picking a fight with a great white.
    Whilst Alan Jones was representing the Barbarians he would have been keeping quiet trying not to make too much noise and do any damage to promoting the build up to his Barbarian game, but now that the game is over, albeit with a bit of ref controversy, the beast has been unleashed! That was one hell of a spray to dish up to RugbyAustralia, and one thinks it is simply only the beginning, and if so watch out!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Maybe Bakkies and others can start a new game on Roar and GAGR. Call it "the ARU fact or fiction game." Post a comment like can you believe that ARU spent x on y in xxxx year? And then post the answer a few hours later. Start with some really unbelievable, but true ones. And then have some fun with made up ones.
    It got pretty terse on G & G earlier

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    He gave us a prelude when he mentioned the Brisbane Grammar School stats that Phil Mooney quoted to him at a luncheon leading up to the test.

http://www.2gb.com/podcast/barbarians-vs-the-wallabies/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    I mean seriously, to think you would leave the promotion of the game etc to a touring club is simply unbelievable. I mean if you are governing the sport I think regardless of where you play their is surely a responsibility to promote the team and game, to expect the public to know about the game and just turn up, meanwhile RugbyAustralia pocket 1.6m $AUD for their efforts, not a single cent spent trying to get ticket holders and families through the door, that is disgraceful really, seems like a complete disregard and disconnect between RugbyAustralia and the average fan/grassroots players, our expectations certainly dont meet theirs or vice versa
    You know thinking about that, the ARU have just taken a big shit on the Barbarian Football Club. Just think about it hey, an established rugby tradition over 125 years and the most famous club in world rugby; that's given us the famous 1973 victory in Cardiff and so many great tour finalés and scintillating moments in rugby history; and here, "our" ARU basically says to them, "Nah, go fuck yourself, you promote it. Not our business."

The Baa-Baas come to Australia, and our "national" union does this? For a wonder the folks at Barbarian FC don't take offence to this and never come here again. Strike me dead mate, strike me dead.

Last edited by chibi; 31-10-17 at 00:17.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Agreed Chibi. It is a big deal for players to represent them and they have let their own players down who did that. Their mates in the press had the same attitude saying it was basically an Australian team in disguise so what. Foreign players were picked but couldn't make it due to injury or flight delays. Haven't seen the full squad Deans has picked a lot of Kiwis and Scott Robertson is his assistant.

The Barbarians regularly tour but rarely go to NZ, Aus, SA and Arg. They do a lot of charity work particularly for War veterans and tier two unions.

The ARU treat their players like dog crap and they wonder why they decide to leave. If RUPA wanted more answers besides money, spending more time with the family and opportunity to travel.

Last edited by Bakkies; 31-10-17 at 06:17.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    The wallabies use the Baabaas in Europe on tours as revenue raising ventures every few years. I wonder if the Baabaas will be swayed in future by the ARU chairman’s arrogance to not play the wallabies there by denying a revenue stream that apparently the ARU so desperately need.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast