Thread: WA rugby could be hit with $1m ARU legal bill

Champion
    vCash

WA rugby could be hit with $1m ARU legal bill

Some media are still digging
    Nick Taylor
    Wednesday, 18 October 2017 7:52PM

WA rugby could be driven to extinction by the Australian Rugby Union as it chases costs for the legal actions launched to save the Western Force being axed from Super Rugby.
    The costs, understood to be around $1 million, could force RugbyWA into voluntary administration but ARU chief executive Bill Pulver has made it quite clear that the sports governing body, itself cash strapped, will pursue the money.
    In a letter to RugbyWA chairman Tony Howarth, the ARU boss says: “I want to make it clear at the outset that ARU intends to pursue RugbyWA for its costs entitlements in both the arbitration and NSW Supreme Court”.
    “No doubt you are aware from RugbyWA’s lawyers that ARU’s costs in defending the proceedings commenced by RugbyWA, not once but twice, are significant,” Mr Pulver said.
    “ARU is entitled to, and will do what is necessary, to recover these costs.”
    Mr Pulver said the ARU felt strongly about recovering costs for several reasons including:

More here
    https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...-ng-b88633528z

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Ha Ha we should counter this claim and get the WA government to put their claim to the ARU.. Also we should get all the players to sue for wrongful dismissal and see what they have to say to that

vCash
    Can we splinter off already?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Some media are still digging
    Nick Taylor
    Wednesday, 18 October 2017 7:52PM

WA rugby could be driven to extinction by the Australian Rugby Union as it chases costs for the legal actions launched to save the Western Force being axed from Super Rugby.
    The costs, understood to be around $1 million, could force RugbyWA into voluntary administration but ARU chief executive Bill Pulver has made it quite clear that the sports governing body, itself cash strapped, will pursue the money.
    In a letter to RugbyWA chairman Tony Howarth, the ARU boss says: “I want to make it clear at the outset that ARU intends to pursue RugbyWA for its costs entitlements in both the arbitration and NSW Supreme Court”.
    “No doubt you are aware from RugbyWA’s lawyers that ARU’s costs in defending the proceedings commenced by RugbyWA, not once but twice, are significant,” Mr Pulver said.
    “ARU is entitled to, and will do what is necessary, to recover these costs.”
    Mr Pulver said the ARU felt strongly about recovering costs for several reasons including:

More here
    https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...-ng-b88633528z
    They are the world's worst and most incompetant (if not corrupt) sporting administrators in the whole wide world, a national embarassment, scum. As they say every dog has his day, the ARU had their's in the supreme court, and again in Arbitration, its WA turn in the senate to give these despicable utter scumbags a decent once over, chains and a cell, asset seizures, corporate bans, I hope Senator Reynolds recomendation is so damning these a*&holes are locked away for all eternity, never to see the light of day, the damage they have done to notonly Rugby, but sport in general in Australia is unprecedented. They have taken it back light years, cut off the best thing it had going dor itself in WA, they have been totally disrespectful to all Western Australians, and here we stand facing a million dollar bill after we spent 120million on a now debunk facility and a ghost town stadium. This guy needs to stand down immediately and be checked for mental health issues.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Look who got his balls back from Cameron.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Next thing they will be billing Twiggy for the flights to adelaide and for the consultancy fees for the select committee that they have arranged to help get the IPRC off the ground.. .. This is all called lets fund the rebels .. Rebels are broke so we need to help the boys down south fund..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    They are the world's worst and most incompetant (if not corrupt) sporting administrators in the whole wide world, a national embarassment, scum. As they say every dog has his day, the ARU had their's in the supreme court, and again in Arbitration, its WA turn in the senate to give these despicable utter scumbags a decent once over, chains and a cell, asset seizures, corporate bans, I hope Senator Reynolds recomendation is so damning these a*&holes are locked away for all eternity, never to see the light of day, the damage they have done to notonly Rugby, but sport in general in Australia is unprecedented. They have taken it back light years, cut off the best thing it had going dor itself in WA, they have been totally disrespectful to all Western Australians, and here we stand facing a million dollar bill after we spent 120million on a now debunk facility and a ghost town stadium. This guy needs to stand down immediately and be checked for mental health issues.
    The ARU are getting desperate because they know they are on the rack.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Let them take their million dollars straight off the top of our share of the six million dollars they're going to put into grass roots rugby by my calculations they will have it back my the end of next year.

C'mon the

vCash
    Are they genuinely trying to destroy rugbywa or is it purely vindictive or most likely a threat to stop digging up the dirt via the senate.. unbelievable the way they are setting out to destroy the west. Court proceedings were clearly best avoided but what choice was there?
    There has to be a time surely, when wa quits the aru.. what grounds do we need? I guess if rugbywa folds then the new body could apply to set up independently?

vCash
    We will let them know in 48 to 72 hours if the cheque will be in the mail

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terrycobner View Post
    There has to be a time surely, when wa quits the aru.. what grounds do we need? I guess if rugbywa folds then the new body could apply to set up independently?
    Or the ARU uses the authority World Rugby gave them to set up a puppet organisation that will work to hit club rugby over the head to squeeze out those player fees and filter more money into Victorian rugby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terrycobner View Post
    Are they genuinely trying to destroy rugbywa or is it purely vindictive or most likely a threat to stop digging up the dirt via the senate.. unbelievable the way they are setting out to destroy the west. Court proceedings were clearly best avoided but what choice was there?
    All three of the above and they expected WA to fold over. The same thing occurred when Clyne lied on Alan Jones' show and got destroyed.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    I have no words bad enough to describe how I feel about the scum that is the ARU. I hate them with every fibre of my being and wish them nothing but the worst.

Hansie and John, please can we look at seceding from the ARU and joining up with an Asian rugby union. Enough is enough.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    The silver lining from this is that it will make Reynolds and Siewart more pissed off.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    No problem, let rugby WA go and start again the very next day as WA Rugby and not be a part of the ARU. Join the asian comp and get IRB backing. Ok lose the opportunity to play for Wallatahs but gain the opportunity to play for WA, after all Iceland have just qualified for the football world cup with a population of just 330,000. Think of how good it would be to beat the Wallatahs as WA!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast