http://www.abr.business.gov.au/Searc...bn=81974502878

http://abncheck.com.au/abn/81974502878

I see it was cancelled in February 2016

https://au.linkedin.com/company/imperium-group-pty-ltd

I take it that Rob Clarke is a contact of those on Linked In

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ43 View Post
    I know a bit about trusts. The governing document for a trust is the trust deed. You can write almost anything you want into a trust deed as long as it meets the general principles of "trust" law. They are also not under the supervision of ASIC unless the trustee is a company. The ATO will certainly be interested in any trust operating in Australia....but only if it is earning taxable income. The AFP may be interested if money laundering is going on.

The interesting thing with trusts is that there is often a "power behind the throne". Who and how are the trustees appointed? What powers do various office bearers hold? What happens to the trust funds if the trust is wound up? What happens to distributions of income or capital? This is all laid out in the trust deed.

Trusts are very handy vehicles to legally do underhand activities.....just saying.
    And I've heard a lot the past few months that ATO is now going to be targeting Trusts and there will be a few law changes in that area.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    And I've heard a lot the past few months that ATO is now going to be targeting Trusts and there will be a few law changes in that area.
    I see that Imperium have two ISM companies registered with ASIC

Select result
    IMPERIUM SPORTS MANAGEMENT PTY. LTD. ACN 605 824 646 Australian Proprietary Company Registered MELBOURNE VIC 3004

IMPERIUM SPORTS MANAGEMENT HOLDINGS PTY LTD ACN 146 498 017 Australian Proprietary Company Registered MELBOURNE VIC 3004

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    http://www.abr.business.gov.au/Searc...bn=81974502878

http://abncheck.com.au/abn/81974502878

I see it was cancelled in February 2016

https://au.linkedin.com/company/imperium-group-pty-ltd

I take it that Rob Clarke is a contact of those on Linked In
    https://www.nzbn.govt.nz/search-the-...arch=Imperium+

https://fma.govt.nz

Financial Markets Authority seems to be New Zealands version of ASIC after changing its name in 2011. Searching Imperium brings no results.

Last edited by Kalahard; 12-10-17 at 22:41.

vCash
    the NZ companies office register shows a lot more
    https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/...26q%3Dimperium
    if you go to the tab for docs you can see the annual report for June 2014 which was published as at Jan 2015 - about the time Cox met with Clarke
    Net negative Assets
    Net negative Equity

vCash
    Looks similar to the UK set up where Companies House have a lot of the reports and the FCA just have regulatory details on their website. The only difference is that the FCA operates independently from the Government

Quote Originally Posted by jackster View Post
    the NZ companies office register shows a lot more
    https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/...26q%3Dimperium
    if you go to the tab for docs you can see the annual report for June 2014 which was published as at Jan 2015 - about the time Cox met with Clarke
    Net negative Assets
    Net negative Equity
    Those financials are mightily impressive for an organisation that was looking to purchase hotels in NZ and a Rugby team for a dollar in Australia.

vCash
    "Those financials are mightily impressive for an organisation that was looking to purchase hotels in NZ and a Rugby team for a dollar in Australia."

My question exactly, Bakkies - what was it that attracted the ARU to Cox?! What on earth did they think he could do for the Rebels when his other companies were so ostensibly unsuccessful? And the other side of the coin - what did Cox see in the Rebels that induced him to take it over?

These are the questions that I hope the Senate can get to the bottom of, or refer off to ASIC or somewhere.

This is not just a WA issue - although we ended up paying the ultimate price for it all - it's an issue that every rugby community across Aus SHOULD be incensed about as the ARU deprived them of much needed resources while it threw million after million after million down the MRRU black hole.

Where are those 40 Sydney "luminaries" now? Why aren't they baying for blood? What have they been promised to buy their acquiescence? You can't tell me that a meagre $6million a year is all it took.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    "Those financials are mightily impressive for an organisation that was looking to purchase hotels in NZ and a Rugby team for a dollar in Australia."

My question exactly, Bakkies - what was it that attracted the ARU to Cox?! What on earth did they think he could do for the Rebels when his other companies were so ostensibly unsuccessful? And the other side of the coin - what did Cox see in the Rebels that induced him to take it over?

These are the questions that I hope the Senate can get to the bottom of, or refer off to ASIC or somewhere.

This is not just a WA issue - although we ended up paying the ultimate price for it all - it's an issue that every rugby community across Aus SHOULD be incensed about as the ARU deprived them of much needed resources while it threw million after million after million down the MRRU black hole.

Where are those 40 Sydney "luminaries" now? Why aren't they baying for blood? What have they been promised to buy their acquiescence? You can't tell me that a meagre $6million a year is all it took.
    Exactly they threw the Brumbies and Force under the gun.* The Force being the ultimate fall guys and the copious amounts of press about the Brumbies merging with the Rebels and moving to Melbourne. The move would have sent the Brumbies to the wall to assume the Rebels financial issues while using the team's name then shipped down the Hume away from their fan base. The only thing that prevented that was the Brumbies voting structure and constitution which gave the ACT clubs the voting power. It's often caused problems but ultimately it saves the club from being merged or relocated the Sydney press are still too dumb to realise that after pushing that agenda for over twenty years. The Brumbies have never trusted the ARU so an alliance agreement would never be voted as the ACT clubs are dependent on Brumbies money. Several of them are now run without licenced premises.

The scary thing is due to the Force's set up with the ARU they could have moved the team to Parramatta as Spiro and his Sydney press mates have suggested. Hopefully Force mark 2 are set up in such a way that they could never be subsumed and/or subject to vote on mergers or relocations.

Despite Clarke's lies it appears due to the Melbourne Rugby business club connection (which hasn't yielded a major sponsor since RaboDirect) that Gary Gray introduced Cox to the ARU to do Cox a favour. I haven't seen the press report on that since Wednesday. Sanzaar and the ARU are so much in the neck to this. If they both had honourable people working for them the fact that the Rebels went two years without actively looking for a major sponsor and a CEO should have raised red flags. Some Rebels fans have suggested that Cox decided to run the club that way.

Memo to Wessels the Force have got more in common with the Brumbies than the Rebels

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    One would hope the eminent legal minds at HQ could have looked into this instead of whipping the dead horse of infamous clause '54b'

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Champion
    vCash
    So in 2014, theres a financial statement available for Imperium available on the NZ site, Imperium had liabilities of $2.7 million and were swimming around in $500 000 in losses for the year.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...247fd2df0fe578

Cox bought TGIs Fridays in 2001 which had 3 restaurants, he sold it in August 2017 with 10 restaurants. A growth of 7 restaurants over 16 years. He is shifting his focus to "luxury" hotels investment in NZ of which he is owner of Eichart Hotel which charges between $1000 and $2000 a night.

Champion
    vCash
    Looking through all of that, there is a trail of companies leading back to a group called Praetorium Private Equity Pty Ltd which owns 100 shares in Imperium. Praetorium are run by a trust so i can not find much info on them. It will be interesting to see who has interests in Praetorium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Looking through all of that, there is a trail of companies leading back to a group called Praetorium Private Equity Pty Ltd which owns 100 shares in Imperium. Praetorium are run by a trust so i can not find much info on them. It will be interesting to see who has interests in Praetorium.
    Well Cox certainly does. That much I gleaned from the ASIC searches I did. Would love to know who else has a hand in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Yep discussed Praetorian on the other thread. 4 four name changes and from memory one of his hotels may be a part of it.

vCash
    Ran a search on the NZ BN site and it brought up five in the search. Nothing related to Cox on the list

https://www.nzbn.govt.nz/search-the-...rch=PRAETORIAN

Just run a directors/shareholders search on Cox on the Companies site

COX, Andrew Lawton
    PARK AVENUE FASHIONS LIMITED (628281) (Removed)
    COX, Andrew Lawton
    PARK AVENUE FASHIONS LIMITED (628281) (Removed) - Ceased Director
    COX, Andrew Lawton
    FLEET WRAP (NZ) LIMITED (6262029) - Director
    COX, Andrew Lawton
    THE IMPERIUM COLLECTION LIMITED (5406001) - Director
    COX, Andrew Lawton
    THE SPIRE HOTEL MANAGEMENT LIMITED (5256041) - Director
    COX, Andrew Lawton
    IMPERIUM GROUP HOLDINGS LIMITED (3236877) - Director
    COX, Andrew Lawton
    EICHARDT'S HOTEL MANAGEMENT LIMITED (3219706) - Director

The two Imperium companies and Eichardt's Hotel have Praetorian as their ultimate holding company

vCash
    Yep - all roads on both sides of the Tasman lead back to Praetorian Private Equity. If we could only open that door

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast