Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Matt Hodgson confident ARU will back Indo Pacific Rugby Championship

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    I`m with you. Always said it made us sound like a bunch of dribblers. A quick short Force, Force Force is far better.
    New era New chant
    Totally agree . Short, Sharpe, FORCEful!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    I`m with you. Always said it made us sound like a bunch of dribblers. A quick short Force, Force Force is far better.
    New era New chant
    Totally agree. It's as bad as "Lets go (insert team name) Let's go" clap clap, repeat.... That makes your ears bleed.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    While we are at it —-

could our mission vision logo motto whatever be—-

Never forgive never forget

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wallabydarnd View Post

and repay the bastards when we get the chance

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wallabydarnd View Post
    While we are at it —-

could our mission vision logo motto whatever be—-

Never back down

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    Totally agree. It's as bad as "Lets go (insert team name) Let's go" clap clap, repeat.... That makes your ears bleed.
    yep i agree too..

I always thought that chanting force repeated in a quicker fashion is the go .. similar to how the British lions supporters chant lions.. is faster paced and that generates more atmosphere and urges the team on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Totally agree . Short, Sharpe, FORCEful!
    I see what you did there with Sharpe.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aemcanuff View Post
    yep i agree too..

I always thought that chanting force repeated in a quicker fashion is the go .. similar to how the British lions supporters chant lions.. is faster paced and that generates more atmosphere and urges the team on
    Even the Lions is a bit slow I was thinking more along the lines of the Reds

vCash
    The utterances of the EARU's new CEO go from bad to worse.

From FoxSpots today (in the article where she talks about the Karmichael Hunt situation):

Castle said she hadn’t yet spoken to Andrew Forrest, who wants to start an Indo-Pacific competition in 2019, though RA representatives had been in contact with the billionaire businessman.

We’ve had constant and consistent dialogue and a lot of it has been fantastic,” she said.

The EARU continue to pull lines from Minderoo's song book:
    "She felt Super Rugby needed to provide an entertainment experience, not just an onfield product, and wants to stem the flow of youngsters to rugby league and increase the amount of female and indigenous players."

O dear.......not getting a good feeling about the way forward.
    (But it does sound as if minority groups will be looked after).

A very different twist from the impressions from this side of the continent.

The EARU's Deputy Chairman, Brett Robinson, and his negotiation team are obviously filling her head full of absolute BS.

The reality???
    • 4 pages of unreasonable demands from the EARU;
    • EARU reneging on previously agreed positions;
    • WA based players having to ask to be selected for the Wallabies on a case-by-case basis; and
    • the Minderoo team supposedly walking out early from the last meeting before Christmas.

I'd rather she kept her powder dry and made no comment until she had actually checked the situation herself.
    After all - she's not expected to be on top of everything as Pulver was still there and it's been Christmas/New Year......

But still we should keep that pathway to the West open open so that she can at least pay us a visit and hear the RugbyWA and Minderoo side of any discussions.
    THEN I MAY be interested in what she has to say about the WA situation.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 16-01-18 at 05:24.

vCash
    Twiggy Forrest (Minderoo) has enough money to buy out every single decent pro rugby player and Wallaby in Australia and start a rebel comp diluting the entite talent pool across this country over night.

This is not a game I would be wanting to play against the man if I were the RA board.

He could end Australian rugby overnight. Start a new comp and offer contracts out that would attract almost every up and coming/pro player in Australia. And inevitably Force Australian rugbys hand to endorse his competition as the Wallaby national team slides down the rankings towards Canada and the USA.

I would assume he (Twiggy) is making a genuine attempt to engage with the RA but surely his patience is running out.

He makes more money every 6 months than the RA make in 4-5 years and Clyne still thinks he has the upper hand in these discussions. I am seriously starting to hope he fractures Australian rugby sometime soon given the board and Clyne's attitude and starts a rebel comp.

vCash
    Something has to happen soon as it is too long to wait to have him put in handcuffs.

Hopefully WA Government and Twiggy start supply ASIC with evidence to go with the Committee to investigate the RA.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Raelene was appointed by Clyne & Co so we shouldn’t be surprised about anything she says or does. He would only have appointed a lackey, not someone who would actually undermine him and his cabal.

Sorry Raelene but I will never have any faith in you, even if the entire board resigns. You will still be Clyne’s lackey because that is why you were appointed. Such a shame that you are the first female ARU CEO.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    We’ve had constant and consistent dialogue and a lot of it has been fantastic,” she said.[/I]

The reality???
    • 4 pages of unreasonable demands from the EARU;
    • EARU reneging on previously agreed positions;
    • WA based players having to ask to be selected for the Wallabies on a case-by-case basis; and
    • the Minderoo team supposedly walking out early from the last meeting before Christmas.
    Your complaint might be based upon a misunderstanding of her intent. The talks may actually be going "fantastic" from their point of view. Minderoo are on the back foot, Twiggy hasn't yet taken a nuclear option and IPRC is not running anytime soon. I'm pretty sure Rat's Arse would consider that to be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Twiggy Forrest (Minderoo) has enough money to buy out every single decent pro rugby player and Wallaby in Australia and start a rebel comp diluting the entite talent pool across this country over night.

I would assume he (Twiggy) is making a genuine attempt to engage with the RA but surely his patience is running out.
    I think the rhetoric from Minderoo and IPRC are indications that Twiggy doesn't want to go that way. Possibly he's looked at the previous rebel leagues and determined that he'd rather spend the majority of his fortune on eradicating cancer than on saving rugby (I don't think anybody could criticise that decision if that was the case) I also think that retributively destroying Eastern States Rugby in the process is the opposite of what Twiggy is trying to do. Clyne is, however, playing a dangerous game, because the nuclear option is only being held off by Twiggy's values (IMHO) and surely there will be a limit to his patience. the question is, what will Twiggy do when he finally gets sick of the merry-go-round, will he utterly destroy RA, or will he just walk away from the game like many of us who have no actual power?

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Raelene was appointed by Clyne & Co so we shouldn’t be surprised about anything she says or does. He would only have appointed a lackey, not someone who would actually undermine him and his cabal.
    It appears my fear of her appointment being due to her ability to be a sock puppet is the case, she doesn't post as Joe Barker does she?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post

Sorry Raelene but I will never have any faith in you, even if the entire board resigns. You will still be Clyne’s lackey because that is why you were appointed. Such a shame that you are the first female ARU CEO.

^^^^this X 1000^^^

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    I don’t think Twiggy will ever take the nuclear option. He will simply walk away, sure in the knowledge that he did everything reasonably possible to save rugby union in Australia but was thwarted at every turn by its myopic, biased, inept and selfish governing body.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast