Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Matt Hodgson confident ARU will back Indo Pacific Rugby Championship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    That line is Brett Robinson doing his job, sounding as reasonable as he possibly can whilst not giving an inch in the battle to kill IPRC and the force.

He said they'd do everything they can to assist wsr in setting up an offshore headquarters but he has also said he'd do everything he can to endorse the competition.

He presented 50 demands which would make the competition unsustainable over endorsement then told twiggy he was being obstructionist when he didn't accept a deal that ould kill the competition. Let's see if he's Cleve enough to not use exactly the same strategy over the next move
    That's Brett Robinson talking rubbish. Still no Australian journalist has asked Brett what he thinks about SARU having two members on the Pro 14 board which is a rival competition in terms of signing Sanzaar players.

Face say hello to palm. Palm meet face.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Still no Australian journalist has asked Brett what he thinks about SARU having two members on the Pro 14 board which is a rival competition in terms of signing Sanzaar players.
    Ha! I never thought of that!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    It is a real shame that an excellent journalist such as Wayne Smith has become a glove puppet for Brett Robinson.

As I've posted elsewhere - my BS meter is working overtime when reading these articles.

If you remember he had a midnight article immed. before a meeting with Minderoo in Sydney, late last year, and now this one before the 1st WSR game for the new WF.

How convenient......

Wayne Smith - why don't you do some investigative journalism and really find out how obstructive RA and Brett Robinson have really been.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 30-04-18 at 12:52.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Ha! I never thought of that!
    Anyone got a beeline to Nick Taylor?

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Anyone got a beeline to Nick Taylor?
    You just found it, he watches us here on TWF very closely

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Player
    vCash
    g'day Nick, love your work

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I hope he's picked up on the potential 5 Million dollar contract to the most ineffective and petulant captain in Wallaby history.

I sent it to Alan Jones expecting a virtually instant tirade, but apparently picking on a Waratah isn't kosher.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Robinson said. “But it then creates a whole raft of other questions … what was the intention, is it about creating pathways for Wallabies or about building a rebel competition.
    Hmmm. Maybe it's not about creating pathways for Wallabies, or about building a rebel competition. Maybe it's about doing the right thing for rugby, to grow the game internationally, and for all the countries and teams that have been forgotten (like the Western Force).

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    Hmmm. Maybe it's not about creating pathways for Wallabies, or about building a rebel competition. Maybe it's about doing the right thing for rugby, to grow the game internationally, and for all the countries and teams that have been forgotten (like the Western Force).
    I would like to apply robbotheclown'logic to his actions, what questions does his continued obstruction indicate, is it protecting Australian rugby and the integrity of the pathway or is it about keeping his sizeable snout in the trough that funnels Australian government funding into his pocket?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    You just found it, he watches us here on TWF very closely
    How closely the RA need to be hit with that question before they arrive by week's end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    Spot on Chris

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Yes. Wayne Smith is utterly deluded if he thinks that the Western Force NRC team can exist without a professional team in any state/territory. The fact that he doesn't acknowledge this shows his hand- he is not stupid enough not to know it. We would get dropped faster than Penrith in the Shute Shield. I wonder how it feels to sell your integrity. Or is it one of those things that happens so often you barely notice any more?

The ARU have expressed no interest in anything in Western Australia. They only haven't removed us from the NRC because they don't really have grounds to do so. I am guessing they just assumed we would fold. Brett is clearly a f*&khead who thinks the average punter is an idiot.

Here is a news flash Brett: You and your board have done such a down right appalling job of running this sport in this country that the only fans you have left are the ones that know enough about the game that they know you are full of shit.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by James; 30-04-18 at 23:47.
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    The ARU have expressed no interest in anything in Western Australia.
    Indeed, remember last year when there was a leak with two versions of the 2017 NRC fixture list? One with us and one without. The Spirit only remained alive because WA dragged it out to arbitration, otherwise we'd have been cut from that too. Bastards.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    ...Brett is clearly a f*&khead who thinks the average punter is an idiot. Here is a news flash Brett: You and your board have done such a down right appalling job of running this sport in this country that the only fans you have left are the ones that know enough about the game that they know you are full of shit.
    Indeed, he showed his true nature with his actions and words (or lack of) while attending the Adelaide luncheon AFTER the Mayor had contacted him with an erudite email imploring an old team mate to do the right thing

Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Indeed, remember last year when there was a leak with two versions of the 2017 NRC fixture list? One with us and one without. The Spirit only remained alive because WA dragged it out to arbitration, otherwise we'd have been cut from that too. Bastards.
    Too right chibi...there have been a raft of these, that have been discussed here (nowhere else though at any depth). It would be a hoot to collate them all

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Wayne Smith is utterly deluded if he thinks that the Western Force NRC team can exist without a professional team in any state/territory.
    That is only true because they are the only place anyone can get professional development. That is not how it should be, and unfortunately the Force won't be demonstrating the alternative. An NRC team doesn't need a professional team, but does need a professional program. It itself should be providing that, like a Future Force writ large. Were that the case, we could have a genuine national competition at NRC level regardless of what SR/WSR did, but apparently what works so well for NZ couldn't possibly work here...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast