Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    http://www.wix.com

There ya go Darkness.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Heard that Perth Irish approached Palmyra with a proposal to have Paly's reserve grade side play as their 1st grade. That is a ridiculous idea and shows that Perth Irish have no realistic plan in place to play a part in next seasons comp. Was also talking to a Curtin stalwart a few weeks back and his words were something along the lines of 'We don't have the player numbers or quality to play at that level'.

Those two clubs should be forced to amalgamate or go to social grade.

Kwinana should merge with ARKS and call themselves Armadale-Roleystone- Kwinana=ARKS.

Rockingham/Mandurah/Bunbury to combine and call themselves Peel. If they can't put aside differences from a bygone era piss all the old fucks off and start with a new breed that has the best interests of their kids at heart.

Swan goes to Baysie.

Southern Lions has the infrastructure to go it alone.
    Total 14 clubs that can put at least 3 teams out each week and in just about all case's 4 or even 5 side's
    I spoke with Perth about your claim and got told it was FAKE NEWS in no uncertain terms.

The suggestions you have made have all been put to the stakeholders, and in every case got turned down. Some say - ' O.k. so whose colours do we play in? - How do we split home and away games - where do we hang honour boards and where do we call home? If one club puts in a bit more effort or players than the other, who benefits???

All of these and more have been the stumbling blocks. Imagine how you would go about merging - god forbid - Wests and Neddies?

The underlying factor is also that all clubs have their own constitution and are entities in their own right.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    how you would go about merging - god forbid - Wests and Neddies?

Over your dead body Hansie

Champion
    vCash
    I don't want to get into a he said she said thing Hansie but I've been in contact with a Paly stalwart this morning and he was adamant that Perth Irish did contact them with the proposal I mentioned.

I would also be protective of my club in regards to a merge with someone else but then common sense would prevail and I would realise that I couldn't go it alone and still exist in 2 years.

I want to see this new format succeed and smaller clubs need to realise that for them to have a future some tough decisions need to be made to ensure they have a future.

To play premier rugby you need to have at least 20 dedicated volunteer's that are willing to devote a minimum of at least 15 hours a week each during the season and should have coaches, managers and proactive committee members appointed now or at the very least within the next 6 weeks.

Budget for a physio and strapping costs alone of around 15 grand without ground hire, lighting costs etc etc.

You need a wide network that can assist with employment and sponsors that are willing to tip in an absolute minimum of 40 grand plus just to exist.

The whole landscape changes and I hope the clubs with a smaller player base coming up have the infrastructure in place to cope.

As previously mentioned I am a big supporter of this new comp but am only pointing out what is required because if clubs South of the river failed because of a desire to retain their own identity and didn't do their homework they would only have themselves to blame and I don't think anyone with a genuine interest of club rugby in this town want's to see that happen.

Pool your resources, strength in numbers=success

Last edited by westies man; 09-10-17 at 09:30.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Westie

Absolutely correct. My discussion with clubs aspiring to Premier was always be careful what you wish for and please encourage your whole membership base to buy into the move.

30% of our Juniors come from South of the river and keeps increasing. ARKS membership increase just since they moved has been amazing. I worry about the honeymoon period as well. Quite a few KPI's have been established and if we get through the first 2 years and the enthusiasm from the clubs continues, I think we may be able to tap into the juniors as they come up the grades and year 3 could be quite exciting.

We have to grow Rugby South of Pally and my view is that all established clubs want the same so there can be more bus trips South to Mandurah, Success and Harrisdale.

Wasn't the Boks vs AB's game intense? Geez I almost started barracking for the Boks!!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Breaking News : Adrian Takes the Piss Out Of Westie!

Rookie
    vCash
    This thread has been focussed primarily on the Premier grade comp. the changes are well worth a try. Hopefully larger clubs cherry picking champ clubs juniors will cease and we may even see some talent return.

What is RWA doing about the colts competition?

Last year was diabolical with only 5 competive teams and I believe of the 7 teams that lasted the season only 5 did not forfeit at one point in the season ?

A strong colts comp is imperative if we are to have ‘string’ community rugby culture .

QUOTE=Hansie;442551]Westie

Absolutely correct. My discussion with clubs aspiring to Premier was always be careful what you wish for and please encourage your whole membership base to buy into the move.

30% of our Juniors come from South of the river and keeps increasing. ARKS membership increase just since they moved has been amazing. I worry about the honeymoon period as well. Quite a few KPI's have been established and if we get through the first 2 years and the enthusiasm from the clubs continues, I think we may be able to tap into the juniors as they come up the grades and year 3 could be quite exciting.

We have to grow Rugby South of Pally and my view is that all established clubs want the same so there can be more bus trips South to Mandurah, Success and Harrisdale.

Wasn't the Boks vs AB's game intense? Geez I almost started barracking for the Boks!![/QUOTE]

Champion
    vCash
    wjm - good questions.

Our primary goal at this time is to get the new senior comp tidied up. Whilst we have a number of clubs that aim to field 3 senior men's teams, we need to challenge them rigorously, as Westie has outlined before, we cannot have byes because teams fall over mid season. There is a two team comp running at the same time to cater for 4th and 5th graders and those clubs that cannot field 3 teams.

We expect to have both comps, numbers and participants confirmed as soon as possible. Aim to do it before Christmas.

Colts will stay at under 20's and once we have the clubs and teams confirmed in the senior comp we can then look at which clubs are fielding Colts and numbers of Colts. Again, history tells us Colts is an age group that usually don't commit until the last moment, so we may not get around to confirming numbers etc until very early in the new year. Personally I think we should look at making Colts a more engaging and social experience, perhaps some Friday night fixtures. Some Aspirational Colts will be playing in the senior grades, so I imagine our focus on the Colts comp is for those keen to play with mates, have a high quality game and enjoy the occasion.

vCash
    "I spoke with Perth about your claim and got told it was FAKE NEWS in no uncertain terms."

I knew this had to be Fake News. Who would seriously ring Pally and ask for anything? I have decided that it's obvious the Russians have infiltrated Rugby WA as well as the USA and are spreading these rumours. Is rumourmonger really Vladimir Putin? You have 23 guesses to find out. I reckon the Russians rang Pally. I reckon they then rang Perth Bayswater next and asked the exact same questions. Probably the Russians that are instigating discussions in the Northern Suburbs about social grades mixing in clubs due to no numbers of social players in the highest growth corridors.

And I heard it was definitely Putin who rang RWA looking for Future Force players on behalf a certain "new" Premier Grade Club SOR who realised after their 7's drubbings where they sit in the talent pool.

Damn these Russians and their fake news.

Get me inside a boardroom and I'll get any decision I want

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sack & crac View Post

Damn these Russians and their fake news.
    Maybe certain club luminaries will need to pack a pocket Geiger counter to give any complementary Emu Exports the once over.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Club Luminaries don't drink Emu Export.

They have club credit cards and drink James Boag.

Rookie
    vCash
    [QUOTE=Hansie;442551]Westie

Can you explain to the clubs your email today asking for certain KPI s to be met making it virtually impossible to do before the end of Jan 2018
    After your spin of how exciting it’s going to be you place mountains in front of them trying to make them fail with no support bar your spin
    It is a privalige to be chairman of the board not a right or is it a right to play rugby not a privalige not sure maybe you can enlighten us all
    Don’t send me any more private messages

vCash
    Be fair.

As chairman Hansie communicates the decisions of the board, whether he agrees with them or not, and must publicly support those decisions.

Please don't get personal.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    where has being fair ever been a prerequisite around these parts?

Champion
    vCash
    O.K. Insider - a Gotcha moment.

The e-mail to the clubs to provide Rugby Link registered players by January is unrealistic. The date and numbers are not what we intended in our most recent CRAC meeting and apologies will go out with corrections to the clubs.

Since you want everything to be public - I once again say Put up or shut up. You publicly want to compare your integrity to mine, BRING IT ON... I am very happy to meet who ever you are - since you hide behind a pseudo nom you have something to hide and lack the guts to come open in public.

There is a mistake on the e-mail you mention and I take full responsibility and will have it corrected.

Let me explain to you publicly that the intent to perform due diligence with the clubs who have nominated to submit 3 senior teams in the new competition is to alert them to the challenges of having the depth to avoid forfeits mid season. We would be severely criticised if we adopted a competition without doing some sort of Risk analysis. Imagine Joondalup 3rd grade preparing for match and heading down to Mandurah to be told upon arrival - we forfeit. The e-mail which you intend hanging me on also allows us to identify which clubs need assistance to reach 3 teams.

Personally I am extremely humbled to have been elected to be President of RugbyWA, I fight very hard for Community Rugby in WA and will continue to do so. I do not get paid one cent, I have made mistakes and I will make more in the future. I look forward to whomever you are to show the community your impeccable integrity and to nominate for President at next year's AGM when the position comes up for election. We need people like you on the board, so, please keep an eye out for next year's AGM, it will be advised to all clubs and on the web site in due course and submit your name.

So, Mr fancy pants who hides behind INSIDER - show your face, send me your e-mail address and the time and place you want to demonstrate your integrity.

No more Private messages from me - sorry for that - I thought I'd offer you some discretion, you don't want it, so come clean.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast