Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Premiership 2018

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    Werent you at the meeting that involved Rocky
    Weren’t you instrumental in the decision to cull them
    Did you produce any spread sheet to substantiate your claims
    You are a real piece of work and what you have said is a load of crap and retort of a desperate man
    If the local community wants the real version keep spinning your rubbish and I will tell them all and I’m willing to put my integrity against yours anytime
    Bring it on anytime. Happy to meet and go over what ever you want.

And as for Fulvio - so, when the man plays an organisation he comes up with a such a retort. Desperate certainly not... happy again to meet and seek your sage advice for the good of the entire rugby community. Yet again waiting for your positive constructive way forward... do you have one???? We have put it out there and all you can do is bag it...with no alternative.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Jeez i'm one of those unaffiliated Force but no local team supporters after reading all this positive bullshit from both sides I may have to give it a wide berth. And yeah i'd be one of those that would get involved in the running of the club if in the positive environment. Not sounding positive boys.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    To be fair boof1050;442137, when I was going to club games (admittedly quite some time ago now) most of this stuff felt like fairly typical tribalism and most of the time there were shared beers after the game to heal the worst of the wounds.

I don't think that translates well to an online environment.

Unfortunately, with most of my Saturdays taken up with other things, I'm unlikely to see whether that has changed significantly

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Jeez i'm one of those unaffiliated Force but no local team supporters after reading all this positive bullshit from both sides I may have to give it a wide berth. And yeah i'd be one of those that would get involved in the running of the club if in the positive environment. Not sounding positive boys.
    If you are really one of those types of persons you would already be involved in a rugby club.

There are too many so called Force supporters who wouldn't know where their local club is.

Club rugby is real rugby and tribalism is what makes it tick.

The sabre rattling that occurs on twf is exactly that. There is usually a background story to the respective threads that non club people would not be aware of and may appear a bit over the top to the un-initiated. Take it with a big pinch of salt.

If you do elect to become involved in club rugby you will probably love it. Don't expect everything to be rolled out for you; it takes work by many people to run a good club but there are many rewards and lotsa laughs along the way.

Last edited by Darkness; 07-10-17 at 11:49.

vCash
    I am thoroughly looking forward to transferring all the passion and effort I put in to supporting the Force into supporting community rugby under whatever plan RugbyWA decides to put in place.

To quote Mal, there is no better time to be a club rugby supporter in WA!

Get on board or get outta the way!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Another piece of explanation.

On the club side of twf the way it works is this:

Someone throws out a bit of bait.

A number of us throw out some Burley.

A few non-club types chime in and create some confusion because they have no idea whats going on.

A big fish like Hansie takes the bait.

A bunch of us pile in as he's being reeled in.

When he's landed we let him go ready to fight another day.

All a bit of harmless entertainment although it must appear a bit over the top to outsiders, especially if they don't know the people.

Last edited by Darkness; 07-10-17 at 08:53.

vCash
    It definitely does appear over the top.

But one thing we are all united in is our love for the game. That's what we need to cling on to as we move forward.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    I am a big supporter of this new format as the old one was stale, outdated and was too much same same every season. This new comp will reinvigorate the whole thing. There are people for it and there are people against it but because last time I looked we resided in a democracy I figure I'm entitled to an opinion. Before you try to wind me up Fulvio I let it be known several weeks ago that I was in favour of this concept.

I'll get back with a more detailed summary of my reasons when I have time but today is the first Saturday without anything rugby related for about 7 months and I plan on having a huge day on the Harry Hunt.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    You'll make money if you get on Winx mate

Not a lot, I concede, but you'll not lose.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Darkness maybe I’m not involved because of previous work circumstances, young fella plays Aus kick etc. or maybe because it’s the same old bullshit I put up with many moons ago when I was involved heavily in the surf club scene and league scene over east. Same useless bullshit inbred fighting that does sweet dick all to improve the game and local product. From this shit that has gone on with the Force the local comp now has a chance to embrace some new uninvolved people to come to the games but Lo and behold same shit different decade. I’m not saying Rugby WA is the be all and end all but a good point was made by Hansie if you’re gonna criticise well put u an alternative solution. Otherwise keep living in a bubble. Are you guys maybe secretly worried that one of the so called low teams might knock you prem clubs off?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Just settled in for the evening with a bottle of particularly smooth cab sav from the coonawarra.
    This is the only part of this thread which makes any sense to me.

(Perhaps try an Eden Valley Shiraz when you get a chance.)

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    This is the only part of this thread which makes any sense to me.

(Perhaps try an Eden Valley Shiraz when you get a chance.)
    Thanks for the tip. I'm on the case.

I am really a Palmyra troll.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I'm on the case.
    On the case or buying a case?

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Darkness maybe I’m not involved because of previous work circumstances, young fella plays Aus kick etc. or maybe because it’s the same old bullshit I put up with many moons ago when I was involved heavily in the surf club scene and league scene over east. Same useless bullshit inbred fighting that does sweet dick all to improve the game and local product. From this shit that has gone on with the Force the local comp now has a chance to embrace some new uninvolved people to come to the games but Lo and behold same shit different decade. I’m not saying Rugby WA is the be all and end all but a good point was made by Hansie if you’re gonna criticise well put u an alternative solution. Otherwise keep living in a bubble. Are you guys maybe secretly worried that one of the so called low teams might knock you prem clubs off?
    I'm not sure what happened at the surf club or at your league club to make you so negative about rugby in wa.

If you've not been to a club game in wa then get down and experience it. Most of us think club rugby is great.

You certainly cannot make an informed view from banter on an internet forum. Many of the barbed comments on twf are from people who know each other and have a chat and a beer together at the rugby. Outsiders may not pick up on this subtlety.

Perhaps take your son to your local junior rugby club and you could volunteer to help coach or manage the team; Im sure you'll love it.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    On the case or buying a case?
    It would need to be special for me to buy a case. Or cheap!

I am really a Palmyra troll.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast