Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Dave Wessels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Speaking of which; it's 9:00am and I don't know who won. There's no thread or comments on here so far. Can't believe I'll go look for the result now hoping the Boks got up
    I think it was a draw (again).

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    twas a draw

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Champion
    vCash
    Test match finished 27 - 27 between Aus and Souf Affrikka. Biggest talking point seems to be Folau pulling Dylan Leyds hair.

All Blacks won the Rugby Championship because of the draw between Aus and SA, but still beat Argentina with a 2nd string team 36 - 10

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Test match finished 27 - 27 between Aus and Souf Affrikka. Biggest talking point seems to be Folau pulling Dylan Leyds hair.

All Blacks won the Rugby Championship because of the draw between Aus and SA, but still beat Argentina with a 2nd string team 36 - 10
    I suppose that it was a fair result, but IMHO neither side played fantastic rugby in Bloemfontein . A few good tackles and a couple of good steals of the pill, but to me it reinforced the size of the gap which has grown between Kiwi Rugby and the other Rugby Championship/Super Rugby teams.

I don't understand how shrinking the Australian professional rugby pool by 20% is going to help to close that gap.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Yep, things like less bombs, less guns, less poison, less wars are examples of when less is better. How anyone can think less players competing for positions is a good thing and how less juniors being exposed to elite pathways is a good thing defies logic. Cutting a team does not make the existing players instantly better, we can see that through the Wallabies, no discernable improvement yet in playing standards, still struggling to win against any of the top 10 teams.

Cutting a team will be a major mistake. Ignoring Andrew Forrests offers of support will be a major mistake. The ARU has consigned Australian rugby to more years of struggles. It just beggars belief that this is the best strategy for future growth by ARU board members getting paid millions to make rugby better in Australia.

vCash
    (((((((If the Rebels can't prove their finances and end up at the begging bowl they have misled their playing staff in to signing contracts to join them. We will have to see if it is actually genuine and bidding in regards to whether the Force players and coaches joining the Rebels have agreed to play in the IPRC.)))))

Bakkies is this the same as The Aru saying to Wessels and all the players you are in the comp till 2020 and then killing themoff 12 months later .. I am sure Wessels would not fall for the same lines twice or he has a good lawyer this time to sue the arse off the ARU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    (((((((If the Rebels can't prove their finances and end up at the begging bowl they have misled their playing staff in to signing contracts to join them. We will have to see if it is actually genuine and bidding in regards to whether the Force players and coaches joining the Rebels have agreed to play in the IPRC.)))))

Bakkies is this the same as The Aru saying to Wessels and all the players you are in the comp till 2020 and then killing themoff 12 months later .. I am sure Wessels would not fall for the same lines twice or he has a good lawyer this time to sue the arse off the ARU
    It is a possibility as the Rebels have financial issues and the ARU has already told the Inquiry that they can't reinstate the Force. They are signing contracts with an organisation in the Rebels that hasn't proved they are viable and at the risk of insolvency. This is after their MoUs to join the Rebels if they sign Wessels. The Rebels are also owned by an organisation that hasn't got the finances and has already proven that they aren't a fit owner of the Super Rugby team. This is why I have asked for an audit in my submission to the Inquiry.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

I was having a conversation with a friend who has contacts high up in the IRB and their thoughts on SH rugby are NZ are great and plenty if depth SA are now on the turn and will get back to the top of the pile in the not to distant future Australia are a has been and going backwards and unlikely to recover!

May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post

I don't think it's a smart move to turn up and sign with the same people who have bitten you and your players in the first place. Most people in society would also say the same thing. If you wanna open yourself up to being shafted a 2nd time well not much can be positively said of that.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Yep, things like less bombs, less guns, less poison, less wars are examples of when less is better. How anyone can think less players competing for positions is a good thing and how less juniors being exposed to elite pathways is a good thing defies logic. Cutting a team does not make the existing players instantly better, we can see that through the Wallabies, no discernable improvement yet in playing standards, still struggling to win against any of the top 10 teams.
    If reducing the professional rugby pool in Australia by 20% will improve the quality of rugby played by the remaining Australian Super Rugby teams and the Wallabies, then reducing the pool by 40% should result in more improvement.

Why stop there? A reduction of 60% or even 80% in the pool should result in optimal improvements to the standards of play of both the Super Rugby teams and the Wallabies.

So ipso facto, is it logical to reduce the Australian professional rugby pool to one Super Rugby team, which will be the single source of players for the Wallabies? (Think of the economies of scale and the administrative efficiencies which will arise from a reduction of the pool to a single Australian SR team.)

There will be debate about an appropriate name for that single SR team.
    Oh. Wait a minute ...

Last edited by FingerTips; 01-10-17 at 17:58.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    It is a possibility as the Rebels have financial issues and the ARU has already told the Inquiry that they can't reinstate the Force. They are signing contracts with an organisation in the Rebels that hasn't proved they are viable and at the risk of insolvency. This is after their MoUs to join the Rebels if they sign Wessels. The Rebels are also owned by an organisation that hasn't got the finances and has already proven that they aren't a fit owner of the Super Rugby team. This is why I have asked for an audit in my submission to the Inquiry.
    Nope. Rob Clarke said they will be financially viable by 2018
    ...in 2013 new Rebels chief Rob Clarke said he expected the club to ''break even'' within five years....

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I was having a conversation with a friend who has contacts high up in the IRB and their thoughts on SH rugby are NZ are great and plenty if depth SA are now on the turn and will get back to the top of the pile in the not to distant future Australia are a has been and going backwards and unlikely to recover!
    "Unlikely to recover"

Aussie Rugby will not recover will the ARU in charge. Their record of mismanagement makes Charles Ponzi look like a genius businessman. Australian Rugby has had over 100 years to make it's mark in Australia. Prior to 87, the ARU had 100 years to take advantage of the fact that the AFL had not even had a WA team in a national competition yet. They didn't. The ARU has had over 100 years to develop an underlying development comp like the NRC, they didn't. The ARU has had over 100 years to take the initiative on national growth to put themselves into a position to challenge for the number 1 football code mantle in Australia, they didn't. They spent over 100 years concentrating on protecting state interests in QLD and NSW instead.
    All you have to do is look at WAs record on the National sporting stage to see what a big opportunity for the ARU has been wasted in WA.
    Wildcats - 8 time National Champs, 31 straight finals appearances
    West Coast - Multiple National Titles
    Perth Heat - Multiple National titles
    Perth Glory - Multiple National titles
    Western Warriors/Scorchers - Multiple National titles
    Thundersticks and Diamonds - Multiple National titles
    Horseracing, Swimming, Golf, Tennis, Motor Racing, Athletics

You name it, we have found ways to win a National title in it.

NRC - 2Grand Finals and 1 National Title in 3 seasons.

Again, WA enters into National Competition and we win it. And we prop up the country with our mining industry. And we don't have to give ourselves fake titles like "sporting capital of the world" to be competitive. We don't need to take over the National body to manipulate the competitions either. We build our teams up and win on the basis of what sports all about - honesty, integrity, fairness and respect. We don't need to actively white ant our competitors, we find a way without cheating, without being arseholes to people along the way.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Running back a few posts (no disrespect intended westie) the coach and player contracts at the rebels are countersigned and effectively underwritten by the ARU.

You would think that will allow Baden Stevenson nee Clarke to go on a spending spree of epic proportions.

The only thing that might stop that is the ARU having to sign. They will not be able to claim that they didn't know the results were in breach of the salary cap, they should know the instant they're over by a cent.

Bet that doesn't stop him though

C'mon the

vCash
    "Unlikely to recover"

Aussie Rugby will not recover will the ARU in charge. Their record of mismanagement makes Charles Ponzi look like a genius businessman. Australian Rugby has had over 100 years to make it's mark in Australia. Prior to 87, the ARU had 100 years to take advantage of the fact that the AFL had not even had a WA team in a national competition yet. They didn't. The ARU has had over 100 years to develop an underlying development comp like the NRC, they didn't. The ARU has had over 100 years to take the initiative on national growth to put themselves into a position to challenge for the number 1 football code mantle in Australia, they didn't. They spent over 100 years concentrating on protecting state interests in QLD and NSW instead.
    All you have to do is look at WAs record on the National sporting stage to see what a big opportunity for the ARU has been wasted in WA.
    Wildcats - 8 time National Champs, 31 straight finals appearances
    West Coast - Multiple National Titles
    Perth Heat - Multiple National titles
    Perth Glory - Multiple National titles
    Western Warriors/Scorchers - Multiple National titles
    Thundersticks and Diamonds - Multiple National titles
    Horseracing, Swimming, Golf, Tennis, Motor Racing, Athletics

You name it, we have found ways to win a National title in it.

NRC - 2Grand Finals and 1 National Title in 3 seasons.

Again, WA enters into National Competition and we win it. And we prop up the country with our mining industry. And we don't have to give ourselves fake titles like "sporting capital of the world" to be competitive. We don't need to take over the National body to manipulate the competitions either. We build our teams up and win on the basis of what sports all about - honesty, integrity, fairness and respect. We don't need to actively white ant our competitors, we find a way without cheating, without being arseholes to people along the way.
    Just to add Perth Thunder have made 2 finals and knocked out of the semi this year. AIHL only started in 2012

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Well it's all starting to come out now. Whoever the fuck signed off on that has made a massive stuff up. I left school at fifteen and went straight to the meat works so whilst I'm not stupid I am what you would call a fairly basic kind of bloke but I am smart enough to never have left myself wide open to signing off on something as vague and open ended as this agreement as to the way it is worded.

Did Lavan send down their office cleaner to go over this contract because this a major fuck up that signed our death warrant.
    No wonder Eastern staters think we are all still walking backwards over these parts, the ARU must have been laughing their heads off when this agreement was signed off, I would hope that anyone who had anything to do with this fuck this up didn't actually get paid, that would disappoint me greatly.

Big difference between being book smart and street smart.
    Westie, guilty as charged, hindsight is a good thing. In a meeting room with Bill Pulver selling a plan that was a way forward, having an Alliance - read that word - Alliance - not contract agreement. The same man also "duping" the State Govt. Yup, looking back we got sucked in... First time in Rugby we have been shafted by another Rugby Man. All through my life and a few fellow board members we have partnered with fellow Rugby men on a hand shake and up until this time, never been shafted.

Let's not forget when the legal stoush happened we had 3, yes mate, 3 Q.C's advise us we were going to win. One Q.C. - former governor is also a Rugby Man. All 3 looked over the Alliance agreement that you reckon was written by the cleaner at Lavan, and all 3 Q.C.'s agreed we were going to win.

So, yup, we were all muppets and you're welcome to sink the boot, but as we have all said in the wash up - With everything and everybody involved in this saga would we have done things differently?

The people at LAVAN spent weekends, nights and some very long days working on this case and not even close to half the amount of time has been accounted for. Two of the Senior Counsels are also dads of aspiring junior players here in WA, they love this game.

I am so extremely proud to have been part of this board that combined so well to take on the ARU, we have lost this war and everyone is gutted, BUT, we are making plans to get back on our feet and make Rugby great again in WA.

15 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast