Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Munster set to confirm Wessels as new boss

vCash
    do they do overseas memberships?.....

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    do they do overseas memberships?.....
    There is the Munster Rugby Supporters Club. I will post the link up on a brand new thread.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Very briefly, Associate memberships are the only thing available just now. They are 30 euros.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Very briefly, Associate memberships are the only thing available just now. They are 30 euros.
    Posted the application link on the new thread.

vCash
    Looks like I am about to become a Munster supporter👍👍👍
    ( bonus that my ancestors come from Cork - off to buy a Munster jersey as soon as this deal is inked)

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    ...( bonus that my ancestors come from Cork - ...)
    Ditto

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Sister in law lives in cork at the moment that’s good enough for me.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    My hairdresser is from Munster. Saw her tonight and she was rapt!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Dave will be in pretty good company in the Pro 14 by the looks of it
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    My hairdresser is from Munster. Saw her tonight and she was rapt!
    Is that the same person who does Bieber's hair?

vCash
    Payto and Panta the Rebels' correspondence for the Terrorgraph are confident that Wessels will go to the Rebels.

Champion
    vCash
    Wayne Smith saying Wessels heading to Melbourne.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...24f33cfbd86a31

Champion
    vCash
    Western Force coach Dave Wessels has agreed to move to Melbourne to coach the Rebels in Super Rugby.

Amid all the carnage caused by the Australian Rugby Union’s decision to cut the Force, one of the most poignant stories was whether the 34-year-old former South African who had coached the Perth team through the 2017 Super Rugby campaign, his first season as head coach, would be lost to the game in this country.

Ireland’s Munster were circling, as were other *European clubs. There were reports that he had decided to move to Limerick. But as tempting as that option may have been, Wessels has revealed he will remain in Australia because it’s the country that first gave him his chance.

“My dream has always been to coach professional rugby and it’s Australian rugby that’s given me that opportunity,” Wessels told The Australian. “From a loyalty perspective — and I know we haven’t had the greatest couple of months here in Perth with all the speculation about the Force — but the position I’m in, I owe it in large part to the people within Australian rugby.

“A lot of the (Force) staff and players will now have the opportunity to come with us to Melbourne and I feel that if I turned my back on Australia now, I would live the rest of my life wondering where it could have ended up.”

It could now end up as coach of the Wallabies. Michael Cheika has made it clear he intends to stand down as Test coach after the 2019 Rugby World Cup and the feeling now is that Wessels could be the man to replace him. How the fates play out over the next two years will determine whether he or Wallabies assistant coach Steve Larkham win the chance to coach at Test level.

Yet two of the most insightful coaches on the world stage, Springboks World Cup winner Jake White and former Wallabies assistant coach Michael Foley both took on Wessels virtually sight unseen, at the Brumbies and the Force respectively, and found their faith rewarded.

Wessels was not shy in expressing his plans for the Melbourne club, which this season finished with the wooden spoon.

“I know there is some resentment in Perth that Melbourne survived while the Force went under but I always felt that the Rebels and the Force were bound together because we both lived with all that anxiety as the two clubs waiting for the axe. So as far as I’m concerned, it’s the Force and the Rebels against the rest of Australian rugby,” he said.

“I want to give it a real crack and I want to be as ambitious as we can and try to win Super Rugby ultimately.”

The expectation when Wessels took over from Foley towards the end of last season was that it would be the Force who would finish with the wooden spoon. But despite distraction and uncertainty Wessels galvanised the side to finish equal on wins with the Australian conference champions, the Brumbies. And now, the core of that Force side, including key Test players Adam Coleman and Dane Haylett-Petty, are likely to join him in a move to Melbourne.

If they can be persuaded to follow him, along with such other Force mainstays as Tatafu Polota-Nau, Curtis Rona, Billy Meakes, Jermaine Ainsley, Richard Hardwick and Matt Philips, to join up with established Melbourne stars such as Reece Hodge, Marika Koroibete, Sefa Naivalu, Lopeti *Timani, Colby Fainga’a, not to mention Test halfback Will Genia and Wallabies tight-head Tetera Faulkner, suddenly the Rebels have the core of a side that could contend for the title.

How so much talent will fit under one salary cap remains to be seen but Wessels is convinced it can happen, mainly because many of the Force players had already signed provisional contracts with Melbourne while the fate of their club was still in doubt.

If there is one person who has come out of this with an improved reputation, especially as a poker player, it is Rebels chief executive Baden Stephenson, who left a significant slice of his playing roster open to the Force players but also refused to be rushed on his choice.

Player
    vCash
    i'm sorry but thats the ultimate dagger in the heart if they all go off to melb , and rebels do well

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Rebels have no money to pay them and I have heard tips in Ireland that Wessels had agreed to join Munster ages ago.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast