Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
Results 121 to 132 of 132

Thread: Munster set to confirm Wessels as new boss

  1. #121
    Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    5,473
    vCash
    4518410
    Dry July! TWF Contributor! 141 Club Award TWF Competition Winner!
    Speaking of IPRC, there is an item in todays West, headlined "Rebels give Wessels a holiday job with Force" on p118.

    "Dave Wessels will return to coach the new 'Western Force' in next years proposed IPRC even though he has taken charge of Melbourne Rebels for the next two seasons." A bit further down is "One of the things we've agreed is that I will get leave to coach in Andrew Forrest's IPRC later in the year".

    Theres mention of the Senate enquiry and some names listed about who Rebels want also.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

  2. #122
    Player Leo86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    222
    vCash
    5550000
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Speaking of IPRC, there is an item in todays West, headlined "Rebels give Wessels a holiday job with Force" on p118.

    "Dave Wessels will return to coach the new 'Western Force' in next years proposed IPRC even though he has taken charge of Melbourne Rebels for the next two seasons." A bit further down is "One of the things we've agreed is that I will get leave to coach in Andrew Forrest's IPRC later in the year".

    Theres mention of the Senate enquiry and some names listed about who Rebels want also.
    I like this

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #123
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bullcreek
    Posts
    723
    vCash
    5548000
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Speaking of IPRC, there is an item in todays West, headlined "Rebels give Wessels a holiday job with Force" on p118.

    "Dave Wessels will return to coach the new 'Western Force' in next years proposed IPRC even though he has taken charge of Melbourne Rebels for the next two seasons." A bit further down is "One of the things we've agreed is that I will get leave to coach in Andrew Forrest's IPRC later in the year".

    Theres mention of the Senate enquiry and some names listed about who Rebels want also.
    Yes that's a tiny ray of sunshine in an otherwise totally grey cloud

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #124
    Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Kalamunda
    Posts
    263
    vCash
    5164000
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Apart from feeling like I've had the shit beaten out of me with the Rebels news, the other thought I cant get out of my head is how much we have been "outplayed" in this saga. From being chronically underfunded, through being played/conned in the Alliance Agreement, right through to the Rebels feasting on our carcass.

    Completely outplayed and wearing the shit for it now, God it is deflating.
    Add to those
    1. The Firepower debacle
    2. The awful disappointments of the Graham and Foley years
    3. The dramatic decline in attendances at Wallabies tests in Perth over the past 10 years (why has that happened?)
    4. The bittersweet memory of that glorious final WF match against the Tahs and Hogdo's retirement in July

    and as far as Rugby Union in WA goes, there seems nowhere for us mug punters to go now.

    We won't see Professional Rugby in WA again (after the 2019 Bledisloe) for many years, probably beyond the remaining working lives of many of us.

    What gets right up my nose is that after you strip it all back, the principal reason why WA Rugby has lost the Western Force was poor legal drafting. FFS!

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by FingerTips; 30-09-17 at 09:56.

  5. #125
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    5,636
    vCash
    5542000
    TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    As passionate as I am about WA Rugby and as much as I respect Hansie, Tony and John, I refuse to sign up another 12 years of my hopes, dreams and hard earned cash to support another team that will be raped by Sydney suits for no gain. The IPRC is the only Potential way for me to get behind rugby again, that is in danger if the ARU get their grubby fingers into the pie. A snake will always be a snake
    And a snake oil salesman will always be a snake oil salesman.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I may be wrong...but I highly doubt it, because I'm an Alison
    (Note for dullards: this 'signature' is not meant to be taken seriously)

  6. #126
    Champion sittingbison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Freo
    Posts
    1,980
    vCash
    5338000
    We
    poor legal drafting
    Yes and no

    That clause was put in place by ARU. Our options were non existent, and the CEO was publicly saying National Footprint, Force to stay black black

    You have to realise the ARU was gunning for us before that document. They would not have signed it if it was bulletproof, and would not have allowed private ownership. The ONLY way they could do what they did was by changing the entire competition three years early, with the Saffer withdrawing two teams. Who could possibly predict that

    We were stuffed no matter what

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

  7. #127
    Veteran Contributor Exile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,757
    vCash
    560000
    Dry July! Ex-Staff MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    Add to those
    1. The Firepower debacle
    2. The awful disappointments of the Graham and Foley years
    3. The dramatic decline in attendances at Wallabies tests in Perth over the past 10 years (why has that happened?)
    4. The bittersweet memory of that glorious final WF match against the Tahs and Hogdo's retirement in July

    and as far as Rugby Union in WA goes, there seems nowhere for us mug punters to go now.

    We won't see Professional Rugby in WA again (after the 2019 Bledisloe) for many years, probably beyond the remaining working lives of many of us.

    What gets right up my nose is that after you strip it all back, the principal reason why WA Rugby has lost the Western Force was poor legal drafting. FFS!
    With respect Mr FingerTips I think you are being a little harsh on the RugbyWA Contract Negotiation/Legal Team. It is very easy to write them off after we have been screwed over. But, please consider this for a moment.

    A contract written (put together) by two parties with the same aim moving forward is very easy to write. There is a meeting of the minds and a mutual trust.

    RugbyWA at that time had no clue that the ARU had an ulterior motive and were being very sneaky bastards. They had no reason to not trust them.

    Had RugbyWA known all of this - they would have gone cap in hand to Mr Forrest, no selling of the IP, no selling of the Super License. Im pretty sure that the ARU would have still attempted to kick us out. They would have just had to find/manufacture another way of doing it.

    Lets cut RugbyWA a little slack.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got”

  8. #128
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    5,636
    vCash
    5542000
    TWF Contributor!
    Hey Coach and Mods - do you think now is a good time to close this thread? What's done is done and can't be undone. We need to start looking at the new dawn for rugby in WA. None of us really cares what happens in SuperRugby or in the eastern states now.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I may be wrong...but I highly doubt it, because I'm an Alison
    (Note for dullards: this 'signature' is not meant to be taken seriously)

  9. #129
    Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    5,473
    vCash
    4518410
    Dry July! TWF Contributor! 141 Club Award TWF Competition Winner!
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    With respect Mr FingerTips I think you are being a little harsh on the RugbyWA Contract Negotiation/Legal Team. It is very easy to write them off after we have been screwed over. But, please consider this for a moment.

    A contract written (put together) by two parties with the same aim moving forward is very easy to write. There is a meeting of the minds and a mutual trust.

    RugbyWA at that time had no clue that the ARU had an ulterior motive and were being very sneaky bastards. They had no reason to not trust them.

    Had RugbyWA known all of this - they would have gone cap in hand to Mr Forrest, no selling of the IP, no selling of the Super License. Im pretty sure that the ARU would have still attempted to kick us out. They would have just had to find/manufacture another way of doing it.

    Lets cut RugbyWA a little slack.
    I concur. My feeling is that the ARU never wanted us in the first place and our needing a bailout provided the perfect opportunity to set the wheels in motion, via the "Agreement". ARU not objecting to the SANZAAR downsize plan seems like the next step and then of course the 48-72 hour/week thing.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

  10. #130
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    home
    Posts
    1,280
    vCash
    5190000
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Speaking of IPRC, there is an item in todays West, headlined "Rebels give Wessels a holiday job with Force" on p118.

    "Dave Wessels will return to coach the new 'Western Force' in next years proposed IPRC even though he has taken charge of Melbourne Rebels for the next two seasons." A bit further down is "One of the things we've agreed is that I will get leave to coach in Andrew Forrest's IPRC later in the year".

    Theres mention of the Senate enquiry and some names listed about who Rebels want also.
    I posted the online story on link on the Dave Wessels post

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #131
    Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    334
    vCash
    5040000
    I concur. My feeling is that the ARU never wanted us in the first place
    Well this version of the ARU and the previous O'Neill administration.

    When the Force were allowed to join the Super 14 the Victorian bid only got a measly one vote at the ARU board meeting. The Gary Flowers led ARU was accepting of the Force, had a national vision and was willing to actually stand up to the Sydney clubs with more than just words.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #132
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    17,036
    vCash
    1194000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Gary flowers implemented a lot of things that Oz rugby needed but didn't please the heartland.

    He was also in charge when the arc kicked off before it was scuppered by Sydney club wankers and Jon.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Similar Threads

  1. New Coach announced - Dave Wessels
    By slomo in forum Western Force
    Replies: 181
    Last Post: 13-09-17, 06:25
  2. Wessels All Praise for Wallaby Four
    By The InnFORCEr in forum Adam Coleman
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-06-17, 20:52
  3. Q and A with Dave Wessels
    By Kalahard in forum Western Force
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-10-16, 14:07
  4. Wessels’ weighty task
    By volvo in forum Western Force
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 13-09-16, 21:35
  5. Wallabies confirm European schedule
    By NewsBot in forum News Feeds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-08-06, 18:42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •