Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Munster set to confirm Wessels as new boss

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I have to ask why would anyone from RugbyWA being present in discussions aggravate the ARU? Are they that pissed that we fought tooth and nail to protect Rugby in this state?
    Jargs, Considering I told Bill Pulver to his face " We can never trust a word from his mouth, and considering our Chairman turned his back on their pleasantries, plus direct accusations to their board members and President that they had lost the plot" I think we have been taken off their Christmas Card list.

13 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Jargs, Considering I told Bill Pulver to his face " We can never trust a word from his mouth, and considering our Chairman turned his back on their pleasantries, plus direct accusations to their board members and President that they had lost the plot" I think we have been taken off their Christmas Card list.
    They sound like poor sports to me. They should at least be professional

Oh wait that boat probably sailed months ago. As you were.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Another question I haven't seen answered anywhere hansie, What about Super 20's? I assume that there will be no WA team in Super 20's next year or will they change the format back?

vCash
    The east have want they wanted .. They just siphoned out all the fuel from my New car and put it in the bomb so they can drive it to the Car yard and purchase the new car.. They have distroyed a strong team to fill up the weak one and then rub the salt into the faces of the WA fans Glad I can settle in to watch my new code in and watch the grand final on Sunday night .. Pity the Bunnies aren't in it .. Could even go as far as handing in my WF 1962 number plates as they are worthless now.. In 2 yrs people will be asking what doers WF stand for ..

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Were you ever on it?

vCash
    I can see it now Parents in the east answering their Kids Questions... Kids Hey Dad whats over there where the sun sets .. Dad ,, Nothing son they don't play rugby..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    They moved from St Leonards to Moore Park (home of the Tahs) just recently.
    Pretty sure it is still under construction and the Federal Government definitely contributed funds to it.

vCash
    Well I'm right back to where I started when the appeal was turned down. Have not watched a Test match yet and won't in the foreseeable future. Ditto Super Rugby - and no bloody way in Hades would I spend money in Melbourne. Far as I'm concerned the IRB has had an indirect hand in this disgrace - Jaguares and Sunwolves. So they can all go to hell with Pichot and the ARU at the front of the queue.

I was pleased at the prospect that Blood might flip Puller, Clone & Clunk the bird and go to Munster, taking some of the boys with him. Not to be, so I'm back to square one there too - wishing them the best. Can't fault a man for showing loyalty to his players and staff. What sort of working relationship he can have with Clunk, North and Co is going to be a stumbling block for him I imagine. He'll be professional but I can't see there being much respect or trust there.

While we're on it; I don't really hold out a lot of hope that the Senate Inquiry can make a referral to the AFP/ASIC/whoever either. It's revealing a lot of dodgy dealings and should show more of that. But I don't see actual evidence of anything criminal so far. Hopefully something concrete can be uncovered next time. I was just happy that the dirty laundry was getting an airing. But after this announcement even that is looking a little hollow. Not getting much traction in the East so not even much embarrassment for the pricks either, except around these parts. Unless some criminal behavior comes to light those bastards will just ride out the storm and move on. Been obvious since about March that they don't give a damn.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Another question I haven't seen answered anywhere hansie, What about Super 20's? I assume that there will be no WA team in Super 20's next year or will they change the format back?
    I assume you're talking about the Under20's comp.? All amateur Community National Comps that are age based, women's and 7's still include RugbyWA, so Under 20's if the National Comp happens, will have a WA team.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    'But I don't see actual evidence of anything criminal so far. Hopefully something concrete can be uncovered next time. '

Well it was taken on note that they will look in to the behaviour and conflicts of interest involving Rob Clarke and the Rebels. To early to say that there is insider trading involved in it.

As a matter of interest to this topic it appears that Johann van Graan is the new Munster Director of Rugby and was interviewed at least six weeks. Van Graan is the current Boks' assistant coach and his father is high up in the Bulls. Munster still need another coach or two depending on how they divide up the work that was done by Anthony Foley (who wasn't replaced out of respect), Jacques Neinaber and Rassie Erasmus. The latter will work with van Graan until his notice period is served.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Pretty sure it is still under construction and the Federal Government definitely contributed funds to it.
    End of the year was planned for completion

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2016/05...ntralise-teams

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    This whole saga smells like the ARU trying to reverse history and reverse the decision made back in 2004 to grant the 4th franchise to WA.
    Too bloody right, that's exactly what I feel this is about. Melbourne was the "big city, big money" option, while Perth was "true rugby development" option. Considering the ARU has abandoned it's job of development of the game all over the country, including it's declining heartlands, it falls into place that "money" is what they would be interested in retaining. If they do eventually start setting up a Trans-Tasman competition, eliminating Perth from the equation makes it that much easier for them and their "bargaining power" as they probably see it. I'm sure the next franchise to be added to pro-rugby in this country will be another NSW team, or maybe, if they're thick enough, a Gold Coast side, which wouldn't surprise me in the least seeing as it's such a pro-sports graveyard. The ARU sees themselves in a very weak position and they're also lazy.

When the NRL started in Melbourne and the AFL started in Western Sydney, they both had a smaller base than rugby union had in Perth. Neither of those teams have been able to match the Force's attendances in the early years, yet both those governing bodies actively supported those franchises and are reaping rewards with on-field performances. Perth was too much and too hard (boo-hoo) for the lazy ARU, despite being gifted a base the NRL and AFL never had for the Storm and Giants respectively. For fuck's sake, at one stage we were the biggest franchise in the comp.

I have to ask why would anyone from RugbyWA being present in discussions aggravate the ARU? Are they that pissed that we fought tooth and nail to protect Rugby in this state?
    Wouldn't be surprised from those petulant grubs; they're probably still angry the court case delayed them long enough that they had to accommodate the Spirit this season.

...Minderoo are talking with the ARU and we are not involved in these discussions....
    Our intention is to let Minderoo work out the IPRC issues without any of us from the board being involved as we would aggravate the ARU...
    Well, you bloody-well should be, give those sooks a kick in the arse! It's their bloody job as a national body to work with their State unions, especially RugbyWA in this case, as it concerns WA's pro-rugby team.

We want out Community Club Comp to be even better than Shute Shield, grow the talent and even send WA Gold State sides on tours to Asia.
    Sign me up on an email list and for membership for any games with the State side, I'll be there in Gold'n'Black - rain, hail or shine.

Last edited by chibi; 29-09-17 at 13:20.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    Also Ben McCalman seems to be the forgotten man of Australian Rugby. It is all about Coleman and DHP. McCalman is still a quality player and has some good years left, with the lack of good #8's in Australia I would have thought the Reds or Tahs would have been knocking his door down.
    Ben's shoulder injury is pretty serious. To the point where he may have to give up playing.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    Fuck it, I'm done. Wessels has lost me, fancy suggesting we should support the Rebels as they are underdogs like we were.
    I hope he and his club crashes and burns.
    Logging out never to come back.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Ben's shoulder injury is pretty serious. To the point where he may have to give up playing.
    That's a dead set shame. Hopefully he gets in to something like coaching or working with Twiggy and Hodgson is doing. You need respected Rugby types that you aren't going to get in Sydney and Brisbane. Can't afford to lose these blokes no matter how shafted they were (and it wasn't the folk in Perth who did that).

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast