Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Munster set to confirm Wessels as new boss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    they will give Twiggy a small crumb. Provided that he pays them handsomely for it.
    You don't seriously believe that do you? THE ARU are enacting the final stages of a plan to completely dismantle rugby in WA. I can't figure the motivation, but the indicators are clear. Massive investment in Melbourne, I assume an unrefusable truckload of cash arrived at Dave wessels' house yesterday and they will similarly manipulate every name on his playing roster into that organisation to generate some competition success, thereby giving themselves a justification for their treachery. No sympathy, rugby is dead to me

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    I'm so despondent any news from Twiggy? Anything?
    According to 1 P&P article, one of the people involved in TwiggyRugby has left. No names or where they went or why, but just that they arent there any more supposedly.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Not just Dave who's going - the entire coaching team is going with him. Not to mention the bulk of the playing roster.

They've killed the beast and picked the carcass clean.

Fuck I am angry.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Karma, if you're out there - unleash your full payload on the ARU immediately please!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Not just Dave who's going - the entire coaching team is going with him. Not to mention the bulk of the playing roster.

They've killed the beast and picked the carcass clean.

Fuck I am angry.
    I can only hope that they want to be there about as much as Will Genia does ie not very much.

vCash
    Yeah, I think they're scuppering the whole thing. Even more interesting is we haven't heard anything more about the SunWolves moving their Singapore games to Perth either, that's gone by the wayside.

The whole thing's fishy, someone over there has it seriously in for WA, otherwise there would never have been a draft made of the 2017 NRC season with us (the Spirit) missing from it. I also believe far more effort would have been made to pro-actively include a WA side of some sort in the womens sevens comp if everything was hunky-dory.

Definitely something weird going on, even moreso, considering the sale of the Rebels, the ostracising of Geoff Stooke, the leaking of information to other franchises. Very, very weird.

I'm actually starting to believe now, that someone is actively trying to dismantle the game here. As daft as that makes me sound.

Do you really throw away a State that used to draw around 40k for the Irish and the Springboks?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Whoever is rolling the dice for us, can you please stop rolling ones. Ta.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Hansie , Stookie, Wellborn any one PLEASE step up and give us some news before we're lost forever. You lose us solid supporters and you won't get us back next year when its to late.
    Jeremy.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    I am happy for Dave and if the bulk of the Force players move to Melbourne then more the better in my opinion. The Reds and Tahs will continue to be shite and the sink hole will open up under St Leonard’s.

I can only imagine the wheeling and dealing that is and has gone on. Maybe the reason he held out was to get the bulk of the Force players together which the other clubs are not happy about. And no offence to any of the players but isn’t it funny (through gritted teeth) that unheralded players are now stars in the eyes of the east. I.e Matt Philip

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    You know what. This was expected. The Coaching staff were going to move on, Dave Wessels who worked wonders here in 12 months was always going to pick up a coaching gig elsewhere. The playing group are going to move on as well and it unfortunately looks like a lot of them are going to end up in Melbourne as well.

What was unexpected is the size of the kick in the guts this news was to me this morning.

I realize that the spin doctors at the Rebels or the ARU wanted a positive quote out of Dave Wessels but the Force and the Rebels were never in this together. It was always the Force with the noose around the neck. It appears the days of the Force were numbered as far back as February, possibly even further.

This whole saga smells like the ARU trying to reverse history and reverse the decision made back in 2004 to grant the 4th franchise to WA.

I'd like to say that I hope the Wallabies never win the Bledisloe Cup again or that they bomb out at the RWC in 2019.

But I just don't care anymore.

10 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    I am happy for Dave and if the bulk of the Force players move to Melbourne then more the better in my opinion. The Reds and Tahs will continue to be shite and the sink hole will open up under St Leonard’s.

I can only imagine the wheeling and dealing that is and has gone on. Maybe the reason he held out was to get the bulk of the Force players together which the other clubs are not happy about. And no offence to any of the players but isn’t it funny (through gritted teeth) that unheralded players are now stars in the eyes of the east. I.e Matt Philip
    I doubt the Brumbies would say much as they will remain underfunded anyway and had no intention of leaving squad spaces available to pick the bones off the Force.

Player
    vCash
    Another knife in the guts the ARU must be laughing Im done with rugby

vCash
    Its good news for the assistant coaches and players. Not for the supporters. Unfortunately we don't draw an income from just being supporters. I believe Dave did the right thing for the squad and his assistants. Munster was the better deal but he could not take anyone with him.
    Forget us....his decision was about loyalty. He made an extremely hard decision and his guts must be churning BUT his players have a future...

vCash
    So is this the final insult - could there possibly be any more?

Think I'm going to have to get off social media as I don't think I can bear the parading out of our ex players and coaches in Rebels gear talking the talk about how happy they are to be there and excited for 2018. While we here have NOTHING!!! (nothing but a cupboard full of Force caps, jerseys, 12 years worth of membership cards, Linebreaks, Force water bottles, Force pencil cases, Force lunch boxes, Force coffee mugs - you get the picture, I'm sure it's the same at your house)

As Jargs said, it was expected but oh, it feels SUCH A KICK IN THE GUTS,
    I'm hurting badly all over, again.

No team, and no vindication (as yet, but will there ever be any?)

Senior Player
    vCash
    No we don't draw an income from being supporters but we sure help build theirs. Without supporters you have no game nor coin to play the game. Some time in ya life you've gotta have some morals and if you get into bed with the people who just shit on ya then don't whinge when it comes back to bite you.
    By the way does anyone know what is happening with the Spirit??
    Will be interesting the response on Sunday.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast