Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 46 to 60 of 60

Thread: Super rugby draw 2018

  1. #46
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    6,317
    vCash
    5198000
    TWF Contributor!
    So GIGS, are you suggesting that the additional travel costs that Australian Rugby incurred as a consequence of going from 15 to 18 was about $1m a year? I reckon that sounds reasonable.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

  2. #47
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,030
    vCash
    16284000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Based upon my very assumption laden figures, yes.

    Would you like a copy of the spreadsheet I did up?
    Pm an email if so.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  3. #48
    Player yungfen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Duncraig
    Posts
    495
    vCash
    5000000
    Have you got a copy of the ARU spreadsheet Gigs? Would love to dissect that one!

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #49
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,030
    vCash
    16284000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by yungfen View Post
    Have you got a copy of the ARU spreadsheet Gigs? Would love to dissect that one!
    Lol, I'm sure I'll get a copy as soon as it's fabricated

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  5. #50
    Veteran Sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    3,990
    vCash
    19524000
    Dry July! 141 Club Award
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Those who worked out our travel distances did you factor in that Perth does not have a direct flight to some of the destinations. From memory I'm pretty sure that when the Force went to Tokyo last year they went via Sydney.
    I did work that out for some locations (eg, Canberra flights to international destinations went via Sydney, flights to/from SA went via Jo'burg and flights to/from NZ went via Auckland). For Perth-Tokyo flights, I went via Kuala Lumpur as the most direct.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

  6. #51
    Senior Player SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    959
    vCash
    35420000
    Surely the Quantas sponsorship arrangement would have included a deal or negotiation for cheaper flights for the Rugby players. And how much money is wasted on Administrators flying with the team unnecessarily, I mean were all cost cutting measures investigated with the travel costs and overheads etc. Surely there is some kind of feasibility study that looked at legitimate ways to save money without the need to axe an entire team. Surely all admin costs/board salaries/ overheads should have been looked into and put together in a report measuring just how much could be saved from looking at their own adminstration body first. These guys and the faceless SANZAAR men in suits really are the most despicable creatures on this earth.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #52
    Immortal jargan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth Capital
    Posts
    19,443
    vCash
    5044000
    141 Club Award The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I did work that out for some locations (eg, Canberra flights to international destinations went via Sydney, flights to/from SA went via Jo'burg and flights to/from NZ went via Auckland). For Perth-Tokyo flights, I went via Kuala Lumpur as the most direct.
    The Force definitely went through Sydney so you can probably add 7800km to your total.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #53
    Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Girrawheen
    Posts
    340
    vCash
    5028000
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Surely the Quantas sponsorship arrangement would have included a deal or negotiation for cheaper flights for the Rugby players. And how much money is wasted on Administrators flying with the team unnecessarily, I mean were all cost cutting measures investigated with the travel costs and overheads etc. Surely there is some kind of feasibility study that looked at legitimate ways to save money without the need to axe an entire team. Surely all admin costs/board salaries/ overheads should have been looked into and put together in a report measuring just how much could be saved from looking at their own adminstration body first. These guys and the faceless SANZAAR men in suits really are the most despicable creatures on this earth.
    Come on this is the ARU! These guys couldn't give a stuff!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #54
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    15,280
    vCash
    3168000
    Dry July! Tong Master 141 Club Award TWF Contributor! TWF Competition Winner!
    From memory I think SANZAAR pay for 30 to travel to each match, if the teams wants to bring more than that (or whatever the allocated number is/was) then they had to fund that themselves.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

  10. #55
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    6,317
    vCash
    5198000
    TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    From memory I think SANZAAR pay for 30 to travel to each match, if the teams wants to bring more than that (or whatever the allocated number is/was) then they had to fund that themselves.
    SANZAAR and not the individual unions, TIF? If that's the case, that blows my argument out of the water!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

  11. #56
    Player UAUdiver1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Mullaloo
    Posts
    338
    vCash
    5306000
    So the 'Player welfare' card the ARU tried to use when culling the Force is more BS (as we knew). I am really sure Melb/Syd/Can or Brisbane to Singapore or Tokyo it just a little more time in the air for the ERU teams than going to Perth.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #57
    Senior Player SPaRTAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    959
    vCash
    35420000
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    From memory I think SANZAAR pay for 30 to travel to each match, if the teams wants to bring more than that (or whatever the allocated number is/was) then they had to fund that themselves.
    If that truely is the case then the ARU have some explaining to do as they definitely insinuated having extra teams was more costly on travel arrangements. When you pay old Billy Pulver as much as one of the top 5 Wallabies then it really does make the cost/travel expense issue seems even more bizzare, please tell me the ARU arent being misleading...

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #58
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    6,317
    vCash
    5198000
    TWF Contributor!
    The ARU misleading? Perish the thought!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

  14. #59
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,030
    vCash
    16284000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    The ARU misleading? Perish the thought!
    the ARU anything anything, perish all logical thought

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  15. #60
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    15,280
    vCash
    3168000
    Dry July! Tong Master 141 Club Award TWF Contributor! TWF Competition Winner!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    SANZAAR and not the individual unions, TIF? If that's the case, that blows my argument out of the water!
    You might need to get somebody from HQ to absolutely confirm, but that certainly was the case at some point, not sure if that changed when it went to 18.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Similar Threads

  1. Super Rugby Restructured to 15 Teams From 2018: SANZAAR
    By Mtbeaver in forum Western Force
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-17, 19:40
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-07-16, 23:42
  3. The Super Rugby draw on Fox Sports News 513 from Noon
    By The Man in forum Western Force
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-09-10, 05:19
  4. The Super 14 draw 2010? Is it anywhere?
    By The Man in forum Rugby
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31-08-09, 17:45
  5. 2007 Super 14 Draw
    By Moses in forum Super Rugby
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-09-06, 11:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •