Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Bill Pulver appearing in Perth!

vCash
    I think the net is starting to tighten.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    I think the net is starting to tighten.
    One can only hope so. But if they carry on using confidentiality as an out I can't see anything happening.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    One can only hope so. But if they carry on using confidentiality as an out I can't see anything happening.
    Is there no way to lift that however? Otherwise everyone could just so confidentiality to get out of whatever.

vCash
    Would it simply be a matter of asking Mr Winney to forego that confidentiality?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Would it simply be a matter of asking Mr Winney to forego that confidentiality?
    No, ask him to testify would be better. If you force Pulver to reveal the documents (which apparently an inquiry can do) he'd just dodge another way. Winney would probably be delighted to share how he lost the bid to a party that offered a worse deal.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    I have no doubt Winney would be happy to testify

The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

Champion
    vCash
    I think the rumours that Imperium were insolvent when the ARU started the $6 million balloon payments are worth following up.

I listened to Pulvers Senate Submission. Linda Reynolds is correct, it just raises more questions than it answers. Its a shame that one ARU board member says they have nothing to hide then the CEO spends 2 hours obstructing and filler busting an inquiry that they only a fortnight ago "welcomed". Im not sure the mechanism but surely the Senate has powers to compel witnesses and seize any documents that they think are relevant to their inquiry, confidential or not?

Champion
    vCash
    https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...-ng-b88607143z

A startling claim that a rival bid for the Melbourne Rebels could have saved the Australian Rugby Union millions of dollars will be examined by the senate inquiry into the future of rugby in Australia.
    The submission to the inquiry claims a syndicate called BidCo, led by former Rebels foundation investor Alan Winney, was prepared to absorb forecast losses for the Super Rugby club from 2015 but talks broke down and the ARU sold the franchise to Andrew Cox’s Imperium Sports Group for $1 two years ago.
    The West Australian has copies of letters between Winney and ARU chief executive Bill Pulver about the potential deal.
    In a letter to Pulver on July 18 2104, Winney said BidCo would take on the risk and responsibility from 2015.
    “ARU exposure would be cauterised and risk beyond the end 2014 would pass to BidCo,” Winney wrote.
    In his reply four days later Pulver said: “ARU purchased the Rebels marks/intellectual property for $1.3m and cannot agree to them being sold back to the Rebels for only $1.
    “For our part, we remain firmly committed to working with you to achieve an outcome which secures the Rebels’ future.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    I think the rumours that Imperium were insolvent when the ARU started the $6 million balloon payments are worth following up.

I listened to Pulvers Senate Submission. Linda Reynolds is correct, it just raises more questions than it answers. Its a shame that one ARU board member says they have nothing to hide then the CEO spends 2 hours obstructing and filler busting an inquiry that they only a fortnight ago "welcomed". Im not sure the mechanism but surely the Senate has powers to compel witnesses and seize any documents that they think are relevant to their inquiry, confidential or not?
    Yeah they do. They also power to take people to task for contempt. Such as not providing documentation when requested, refusing to answer questions, etc.

I have said my piece as outlined on the other thread.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    He has to testify if called up by the committee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    Do you know him? (feel free to answer that one by PM if you want to maintain privacy)

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Did Pulver hang around after his in camera evidence or piss off?

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 22-09-17 at 21:18.

vCash
    I remember him saying during the inquiry hevwas heading to rugbyWA headquarters afterwards

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    yeah...I heard that too...but the prick couldn't lie straight in bed.

Champion
    vCash
    Finally a response to my many emails to the EARU! That would a big FU back I think!!

Thank you, we appreciate that you have taken the time to get in contact to express your views and support for Rugby in Western Australia.

We would firstly like to apologise for the delayed response to your email, we have been limited, until recently, on the level of information we could provide on the decision to discontinue the Western Force.

We recognise that this decision has caused considerable anguish and frustration to players, staff and fans. The primary reasons for our decision to reduce a Super Rugby team, and the factors which led to the decision to discontinue the Western Force, are outlined in the following supporting document. This is not a decision that we ever wanted to make, although tough decisions have had to be made to ensure that community and development programs do not continue to be insufficiently funded as a result of Super Rugby teams requiring unbudgeted special support funding.

We are committed to keeping Rugby strong in the West and to provide a clear pathway to the elite level of the game. We encourage all fans to show their continued support for the Perth Spirit in the National Rugby Championship. Entry to home games at McGillivray Oval is FREE. More information, including the season draw can be found here.

If you would like to know more about the latest Rugby news and events in Western Australia, we encourage you to visit the Rugby WA website www.rugbywa.asn.au

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards,

Australian Rugby Union

ref:_00D90myaQ._500901jkrvh:ref

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast