Thread: Old news but has anybody read this about SANZAR

vCash

Old news but has anybody read this about SANZAR

Some of the figures in here amazed me The yr after the Tahs won the title they made a $720 k loss ...

http://www.thesportfreak.com/rugby/s...ce-bankruptcy/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    interesting figures from NSW Waratahs

truth triumphs

vCash
    Not at all surprised they haven't be able to organise a p..s up in a brewery for a long time now.

Champion
    vCash
    NSW have needed 3 bailouts from the ARU since 1996. That's one of NSW biggest problems, they have 6 or 7 different sub unions that all bicker and then blame the ARU for their shortcomings. In WA, RugbyWA oversee every competition from club to schools, from city to country. In NSW they have one body for the Waratahs, one body for Shite Shield, one body for Subbies, one body for Juniors, one body for schools, one body for Country rugby, one body for Country Juniors and the ARU. These all operate competitively with each other while loosely staying under the NSW banner. When things go wrong like the Shite Shield clubs needing $300 000 to bribe a tv network to show their product, first point of call/blame is the ARU. When Shite Shield is struggling, when schools are struggling, when development is ignored, it all gets thrown back on the ARU. NSW is the most populous state in Australia. They have the biggest rugby network in Australia. They have the most administrators than any other state. They could easily fundraise and have the biggest sponsorship and donation fund to operate a high performance academy and a multitude of grassroots programs yet are always broke and blaming the ARU for their self created problems. Thats why the Senate inquiry needs to look into the Farr-Jones incident and the ground hire fees situation.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Isn't their country union all divided up into a bunch of smaller ones also? Aren't they quite autonomous also? I remember a while back when three unions jumped ship to the Brumbies, I was surprised the NSWRU had no control over them. Sometimes makes me wonder, if that was the case, whether the Western Force / RugbyWA could have brought in one of the others into our fold, especially if it was one the unions that was getting a lack of exposure at the highest level, like say Newcastle/Hunter or somewhat.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Ahhhh ground hire fees scandal

Yup that was superbly investigated, with transparent findings and outcomes. No need to look into it further

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Ahhhh ground hire fees scandal

Yup that was superbly investigated, with transparent findings and outcomes. No need to look into it further
    Completely transparent. But you'll need scuba gear to view it. It's parked at 10 fathoms just off middle head. It's been there a while so look for a massive spreadsheet. It's right next to that.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    You forgot Harold Holt

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Isn't their country union all divided up into a bunch of smaller ones also? Aren't they quite autonomous also? I remember a while back when three unions jumped ship to the Brumbies, I was surprised the NSWRU had no control over them. Sometimes makes me wonder, if that was the case, whether the Western Force / RugbyWA could have brought in one of the others into our fold, especially if it was one the unions that was getting a lack of exposure at the highest level, like say Newcastle/Hunter or somewhat.
    Well there are sub unions within NSW Country. Far South Coast and Southern Inland went to the Brumbies. There was already a portion of NSW playing in ACT competitions.

There is a problem with the NRC teams in NSW but that is their issue not a competition issue. It only becomes an ARU issue if the Brumbies take over the Country Eagles as suggested.

There are two things that need to be resolved if that was to happen. The first one is funding. The Brumbies like the Force are under funded and similar to WA run those competitions. The funding of the Vikings has gone back to a three way partnership. To take on the Eagles the Brumbies will need more money to cover admin costs. This goes back to the crux of the Senate Inquiry with the amount of money sucked in by the Rebels and their unit trusts. The other issue is jurisdiction. How much sway does the NSWCRU have over the Eagles. I doubt the NSWRU will give up without a fight as the better run Brumbies will show them up.