Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast

Thread: How Twiggy will run his rebel rugby comp

Champion
    vCash
    Jodi Hodgson posted on Sea of Blue nothing to report yet but there is lots of work going on so fingers crossed soon.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Maybe Twiggy is timing himself with the next announcement as the ARU have backed themselves so far in to a corner.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    I believe we have representation heading to world rugby in coming weeks to present the competition plan and seek approval. Doubt we'll hear anything until after that

vCash
    I think Twiggy has to sit in two camps.

1 He is fighting against everything the ARU can throw at him, as they clearly will only want to support this comp as a feeder to the NRC, they certainly won't want it to compete with any of their products.....roadblock a day would be my guess.

2 He needs to hold a while longer. THe Senate inquiry has dug up some incredible dirt on the entire ARU board and there is more benefit in waiting to make the announcement. If he lets the cat out of the bag too early, he'll have no power in the negotiations. Once the Inquiry delivers it's recommendations one of two things will happen. Nothing will be evident enough to be proven, no real change will occur and Twigster will need to build the comp as an extension of Pindan or THe entire ARU will have their bottoms assaulted by every corporations watchdog in Australia, the majority of the board will be gone, the governance will be restructured and they'll lose all their government funding. If that happens, Twiggy will hold ALL the cards as the only bloke in Australia with the money and the desire to fix rugby. Such leverage will enable him to implement his plans unhindered and the IPRC will sit where it should, alongside SuperCrapby until the Saffers swan off to Europe.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terrycobner View Post
    I believe we have representation heading to world rugby in coming weeks to present the competition plan and seek approval. Doubt we'll hear anything until after that
    I see World Rugby are due to meet on 2 November 2017 in Japan.
    https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/288582

As the meeting is in Asia, it could be good time for World Rugby and Twiggy to announce IPRC?

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Part of the problem may well be that it is still seen and presented as Twiggy's competition, so the ARU have a say. It shouldn't be...it should be a competition with the full backing of the Hong Kong or Chinese RU, that also happens to include a team from Australia. WR would have no reason to block that, and if the ARU didn't like it the most they could decide is that players in the competition wouldn't be Wallabies eligible. That would merely make it like the European or Japanese comp, not stop it happening.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Twiggys not dumb. He would already be planning alternatives if the ARU withhold Wallabies eligibility. The comp can be sanctioned in any jurisdiction, asian or Australian. There are also plenty of rugby players available who would play in it. 87 000 players in Australia, 30 of them are Wallabies. 86970 of them are not. Same in NZ, England, South Africa etc. And even if the comp starts without Wallabies eligibility it will soon change if the wages are there. The players association will start complaining about wage disparity or something to pressure the ARU into eventually agreeing. If they don't then so be it. Ill be supporting the Force either way, fuck the Wallabies.

10 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I just saw a photo from Hodgo on social media of 4 QANTAS boarding passes. I saw 3 "From" locations, those being Perth, Sydney and Nadi (couldn't see what the last was). I assume its a PER->SYD->NAD->SYD->PER trip. Along with "#Allcomingtogether" in the post, I'd say he is finalising something in Fiji for IPRC.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Twiggys not dumb. He would already be planning alternatives if the ARU withhold Wallabies eligibility. The comp can be sanctioned in any jurisdiction, asian or Australian. There are also plenty of rugby players available who would play in it. 87 000 players in Australia, 30 of them are Wallabies. 86970 of them are not. Same in NZ, England, South Africa etc. And even if the comp starts without Wallabies eligibility it will soon change if the wages are there. The players association will start complaining about wage disparity or something to pressure the ARU into eventually agreeing. If they don't then so be it. Ill be supporting the Force either way, fuck the Wallabies.
    I am with you on this one.. Also as Gigs pointed out if the ARU board is dissolved then Twiggy will have the new incoming board on his side as they are not dumb yto turn down the future of Aus rugby ..

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    IPRC talks progressing: Pulver

Today at 3:16 PM
    by Beth Newman

ARU CEO Bill Pulver says discussions over Andrew Forrest's proposed Indo-Pacific Rugby Championship have been taken to the next level.
    An ARU working group met with WA billionaire Andrew Forrest last week about his proposed IIPRC, and Pulver said talks had gone to World Rugby, though the concept is still in its fledgling stage.
    “There's deep engagement,” he said.
    “We have a working party chaired by our deputy chair and a variety of ARU executive involved.
    “There's discussion at a world rugby level, so there's a very deep discussion going but frankly a lot of work to be done.”

“The outgoing ARU boss said he was* looking forward to the end of an ongoing Senate inquiry into the sport, after a tumultuous year for Australian rugby.
    Pulver appeared in the opening hearing of the inquiry last month, while chairman Cameron Clyne testified on Monday night in Canberra.
    The Senators have questioned both men over conflicts of interest surrounding Pulver’s former deputy Rob Clarke as well as the timeframe under which the idea of cutting a team was first formulated.
    The final report will be handed down on November 13.
    "Frankly we're looking forward to the process coming to an end. It's been an extremely difficult process for all involved,” Pulver said.
    “Eliminating a team from a Super Rugby competition was never going to be fun and never going to be consequence free.
    “So, we are looking forward to the process being behind us and getting on with Super Rugby next year.”
    Meanwhile, a big international decision looms for Australia next month, as World Rugby’s members vote on the 2023 Rugby World Cup host.

Ireland is one of three bidders, competing with France and South Africa for the tournament and while Ireland President said he was ‘optimistic’ of Australian support, pulver was more ambivalent.
    “The Rugby World Cup is the third biggest sporting event on the planet so it has a very significant impact on whichever country is successful,” he said.
    “I can tell you I had the great pleasure of being in Ireland a couple of months ago watching an incredibly successful women's Rugby World Cup.
    “They did an outstanding job and two cracking games between the Australian women's team and the Irish women's team. I've also had the pleasure of seeing their bid and it is a superb quality bid.
    “The reality is they're up against two pretty tough competitors, in France and South Africa.
    “It'll be interesting to note the outcome later in November.”

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/10...nquiry-ireland

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    That article is supreme broom work.

Nothing to see here, move along, HEY LOOK! WORLD CUP!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Scum bag. No super rugby for me after the process is finished.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    “The outgoing ARU boss said he was* looking forward to the end of an ongoing Senate inquiry into the sport, after a tumultuous year for Australian rugby.
    Of course he will say that.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Rookie
    vCash
    Ive lost all interest in the eastern states national side and I cant see me mustering any for the super comp. A big part of my life has been destroyed by those lying arrogant fucks. Come on Twiggy Im relying on you to bring back the absolute joy barracking for the Force gave me

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    “So, we are looking forward to the process being behind us and getting on with Super Rugby next year.”

Wish I could say the same Pulver, but I can't because you and your mates destroyed professional rugby in WA. Rather, I am looking forward to the current process delivering some much needed accountability for the duplicitous and corrupt process the ERU ran to kill the Force and even then I still won't be able to look forward to super rugby next year, because it won't exist in WA.

Wanker!

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast