Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Thread: How Twiggy will run his rebel rugby comp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ43 View Post
    OK maybe I am overstating a bit.....but why wouldn't you get on board?
    Wessells will coach both the Rebels and the Force.
    Force players will play for the Rebels and the Force unless they are selected for Wallaby duties.
    The Spirit will still be strong and a provide a pathway for WA players to get to the Force and then the Wallabies.
    Maybe because this was clearly orchestrated jointly by the Victorian power players & ARU to strip us of our players because they can't get a good team out of all their handouts.

Why should we be happy that the Rebels/ARU have played us like fools. So instead of having Super Rugby/NRC we have a 4 month comp playing teams we have never heard of and potentially no NRC team at all.

I don't like any of the Australian teams and don't want them touching/benefiting from any of our players, now, or into the future.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Prospect
    vCash
    It totally irks me that our Future Force talent (so ably on display yesterday at McGillivray) will make its way east to play with the dark side. Thinking about ordering my Highlanders jersey as I type!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ43 View Post
    I have been away for a few weeks. Ducking N-K nukes in Japan.
    I am surprised by the amount of negativity in these posts. If there is one thing that can be said about Mr Forrest it is that he is a brilliant strategist businessman who takes a long term focused view and keeps his eye on the goal.
    Fortescue looked dead and buried a few times, but now it is scoring tries.

I won't say he does "whatever it takes" to achieve his goals. I think he has much more integrity than that. But sometimes you have to swallow some pride in the short term (ie kiss and makeup with Clyne) in order to get what you want long term.

The IPRC is the ONLY opportunity WA rugby has and will likely have for many years.
    SANZAR will be dead in 2020.
    Getting into bed with the ARU in the short term is necessary to give Force players the opportunity to be Wallabies. That is key.
    Once the IPRC is up and running with ARU blessing the Force will be the no.1 destination for Australian players, SANZAR has finished and the IPRC will be making squillions from the HUGELY lucrative Asia Pacific economic region. The Force will be the dominant club in the most lucrative rugby competition in the world.
    OK maybe I am overstating a bit.....but why wouldn't you get on board?
    Wessells will coach both the Rebels and the Force.
    Force players will play for the Rebels and the Force unless they are selected for Wallaby duties.
    The Spirit will still be strong and a provide a pathway for WA players to get to the Force and then the Wallabies.
    I don't think people are being negative to the idea of the IPRC, its the liable interference from the ARU which (am 100% sure) will start to happen. Anything from that nest is toxic and we're not just being cycnical, after all the proof so far. I wouldn't trust them an inch, Clyne & his cohorts will be true to form & find a way to sabotage the setup - guaranteed! It's not about the good of rugby for them, its about the money, power and whatever gains they get for themselves because that's the nature of these narcissistic worms. There's a canker in the ARU and I'm sure Twiggy is well aware how vindictive they are, so I hope he gets their fingers well out of it until he gets the terms he wants for the comp agreed upon.
    BTW is Lavan Legal involved any more in the new setup?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Hear Hear PJ,

I question the "Squillions" comment, I think this comp is several years away from making significant dollars, but it is needed in the region, it is the only possible idea that the ARU might choose to agree to, and Twiggy will need to suck some significant ass to get permission from the ARU.

I can't see any other option.

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I have heard the following

Next year will be eight teams, essentially some of Twiggy's offshore business connections have "bought" a team each.

The first will be Asian based and Perth with an Islander and one other to take it to 10 teams in 2019.

The expectation is that by 2020 SANZAAR will fold and the comp will expand to a 20 team two tier comp with relegation and promotion.

Obviously this is all still a work in progress and until everything is official, the speculation will be rife.

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    First thing I've heard that makes me feel a little positive, TIF! Thanks

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post

Next year will be eight teams, essentially some of Twiggy's offshore business connections have "bought" a team each.

The first will be Asian based and Perth with an Islander and one other to take it to 10 teams in 2019.

The expectation is that by 2020 SANZAAR will fold and the comp will expand to a 20 team two tier comp with relegation and promotion.

Obviously this is all still a work in progress and until everything is official, the speculation will be rife.
    Might just be speculation, but at least it's SOME news!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Might just be speculation, but at least it's SOME news!
    Not speculation. There is some interesting things happening. More details to come.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

I would think that this is a likely scenario.

For those who are ripping into the proposed initial format, we need to understand that we can't do anything without the approval of World Rugby. World Rugby appear not to be interested in breaking ranks with the ARU and therefore we need a "thin end of the wedge" solution.

Maybe Twiggy will be paying some Forcemen to play Pindan and IPRC for a couple of years in preparation for 2021 when the ARU are in the shit and looking to overtake this competition. At that point, we need to be in control and have them come begging, cap in hand.

That won't happen without a gentle start that looks like they are in control. Firstly, we need it to look like so little threat that they don't care that they don't have any say in the day to day operation.

We can then grow it rapidly, to the point where the ARU suddenly realise, too late of course, that we have their balls in the vise.

C'mon the

vCash
    Any news on this front? How are we going?
    Pulver turned to me yesterday and asked me if Twiggy was fair dinkum about the IPRC and also that it may be the way forward for Aus rugby as a whole.I let him him know that we may not allow the ERU into the comp (that is unless their"scorecard" is up to scratch).

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terrycobner View Post
    Any news on this front? How are we going?
    Pulver turned to me yesterday and asked me if Twiggy was fair dinkum about the IPRC and also that it may be the way forward for Aus rugby as a whole.I let him him know that we may not allow the ERU into the comp (that is unless their"scorecard" is up to scratch).
    Hang on - Pulver was asking you this question? (not having a dig at you there either)
    as CEO, even as outgoing CEO he should by now bloody well know whether Forest is serious given he should have been talking to him about it all!!!
    more proof that he's been a puppet all along and Clyne is and has been the effective CEO this entire time. Maybe he can give some of his salary back when he goes because he's just pulling the piss now.

vCash
    Pullvering

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Hang on - Pulver was asking you this question? (not having a dig at you there either)
    as CEO, even as outgoing CEO he should by now bloody well know whether Forest is serious given he should have been talking to him about it all!!!
    more proof that he's been a puppet all along and Clyne is and has been the effective CEO this entire time. Maybe he can give some of his salary back when he goes because he's just pulling the piss now.
    Yes. I was surprised and a bit shocked he said this.

vCash
    Just arrived in sunny Melbourne. Would you believe it they have even stolen the London Eye !!

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash

On the surface this sounds good, but I was thinking about it last night when i was driving around in the middle of nowhere. As it stands now, i'm not on board with this new comp.

I think firstly the timing is wrong, and it should be a direct competitor with SR and not the NRC. The NRC is critical to the long term development of Australian rugby and cannot be allowed to fail.

This potential IPRC has the ability to pay players more and detract from the quality of the NRC. Which at a time when the ARU is going to have to continue to cut costs isn't ideal as it will give them an avenue to 'discontinue' it. (sorry, couldn't resist the word placement)

It's obvious that there is interest from unions in a closer geographical & longitudinal (timezone) regions than the current SANZAAR agreement. So if the IPRC competition is going to swallow the remains of SR if/when it fails, it should now be looking at proving a model that is viable and supported in the current season window, especially as the SR timeline was taken into account by world rugby for this long eluded to global season.
    Moving a competition start date and adding another 5-10 teams in one year is potentially going to be trying to do too much at the same time, which will impact the overall quality (case and point is the last major overhaul to F1).

Not to mention it would also continue to contribute to the downfall of SR if we can steal +/- 10% of the players each season. (yep, i still unashamedly want vengeance).

Staging it (as originally promised) as a direct competitor to SR has the potential to pressure the kiwis into actually playing nice when the time comes to expand. Whether they like it or not they are the most isolated union on earth and need Australia and the PIs if they want to play against anyone but themselves. Whether they like it or not, they need Australia, SR and whatever takes its place if SR fails. They DON'T need Argentina or South Africa.

Based on what has been said currently, I think it just gives the ARU more money with Forest sponsoring the NRC, the ability for them to wind the NRC up in the not so long term based on it's dwindling quality and continued lobbying, white-anting, whinging and downright sabotage by Shute Shield and QLD Premier grade (to a lesser degree) clubs; and more money coming into them from the IPRC if and when it gets off the ground.

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast