Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast

Thread: How Twiggy will run his rebel rugby comp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Twiggy and his team will need all of their diplomatic skilss to manage those who don't get the first gigs.
    Might come down to who is best prepared with their bids - it might be good for some franchises to have an extra year.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    The meetings are taking place in London.
    Would expect some news by the end of the week.
    Wouldn't be surprised if the announcement re naming the 6 teams gets postponed.
    I don't see that as a problem as the IPRC doesn't kick-off until 2019.
    Twiggy and his team will need all of their diplomatic skilss to manage those who don't get the first gigs.
    Sorry, I thought there was a World Rugby meeting Tokoyo this week.

vCash
    Jodi Hodgson has been active online over the past couple of days on the RA maybe ask her if she knows anything about the scheduled meeting at least.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Jodi Hodgson has been active online over the past couple of days on the RA maybe ask her if she knows anything about the scheduled meeting at least.
    Hodgo was in London this week and went to Dublin for the day yesterday (15/11/17). He posted following on facebook
    "Just a quick day trip to Dublin to catch up with @irpa_rugby and talk all things rugby and @iprugby"

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Hodgo was in London this week and went to Dublin for the day yesterday (15/11/17). He posted following on facebook
    "Just a quick day trip to Dublin to catch up with @irpa_rugby and talk all things rugby and @iprugby"
    IRPA is the world representative body of international rugby players.

vCash
    That is a step that has to be made.

Speaking Jodi she coming out swinging with a few more here http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/11...odriscoll-reax

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Senior Player
    vCash
    Asia rugby have officially approved Twiggy's comp

Asia Rugby Supports Creation of the Indo Pacific Rugby Championship

Asia Rugby held its end of year Council meeting and AGM in Hong Kong on Sunday 19 November, where the Council member unions unanimously supported, in principle, the proposed, new Indo Pacific Rugby Championship from early 2019.

Asia Rugby’s newly elected President, Aga Hussain said: “Not only am I delighted to be elected as the Regional Association’s President for the next 2 years, where will see the , but I’m equally delighted to be able to lead our organization at such an exciting time as we embrace Andrew Forrest’s kind philanthropy and futurist initiative to bring professional rugby to Asia to complement Japan’s Top League; the Super Rugby Sunwolves and Hong Kong’s High Performance environment.

The IPRC will without doubt help us achieve our strategic mission to grow the Asian Rugby Family by promoting the values and healthy lifestyle of rugby; inspiring the youth of Asia to a lifelong association with Rugby and creating and driving an environment for sustainable success”.

Asia Rugby’s World Rugby Council member, Trevor Gregory said: “As I said in Tokyo 2 weeks ago, when Andrew Forrest so kindly funded a gathering of potential stakeholders, this is an amazing opportunity for us in Asia to really develop the game at the performance level.

World Rugby, Australia Rugby and Asia Rugby are all on the same page and are all now working closely together to try to ensure the success of this visionary project, which can provide a stepping stone for many of our participating unions up to the next level.

‘This will affect not only the players, but for the unions themselves; their infrastructure and support, including administration and match officiating. It is even more exciting that we are talking about not just the men’s game, but also women’s competitions as well, both at 7’s and 15’s”.

Asia Rugby’s new female representative to the World Rugby Council, Ada Milby commented “the IPRC will provide a pathway for existing and would-be professional players in Asia to progress the sustainability of talent.

Asian players such as Filipino teenager, Marcus Smith, playing with the Aviva Premiership Harlequins in England, will from 2019 have the opportunity to ply their trade across their home continent and we will see the creation of our own Rugby Heroes, male and female, whom Asian fans of the Game can follow and aspire to be”.

Asia Rugby will continue to collaborate with IPR where appropriate for the benefit of rugby throughout Asia and monitor with interest the forthcoming IPRC club location selection process.

https://www.asiarugby.com/2017/11/20...hampionship-2/

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by volvo; 21-11-17 at 07:24.

Champion
    vCash
    Great to hear some good news on this.. Definitely need some this week

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The telling difference between IPRC and the RatsArse is it's not just about male Super Rugby (in Sydney) it's men's AND women's 15s and 7s.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Wonder if that means we don't need ARU endorsement? If they don't endorse it now, does that mean it can be taken up with the IRB as a whole confederation has now endorsed it?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Wonder if that means we don't need ARU endorsement? If they don't endorse it now, does that mean it can be taken up with the IRB as a whole confederation has now endorsed it?
    I reckon the ARU will have little choice but to endorse. They are still working on how best to protect their empire while also getting Twiggy’s money. I back Twiggy.

vCash
    The problem with the ARU is the unwillingness to engage, it is all smoke and mirrors and I think we all as fans have it in the back of our minds that the ARU will not truely support this comp and like always as Western Australian Rugby supporters we will be forced to compromise to some shitty concession eg. No Wallaby eligibility, or that the Force team will be used to prop the super rugby sides up.

The ARU cannot be trusted in this, just like the alliance agreement I would be very sceptical about engaging too much with these ass clowns.

I still havent heard a press conf from them truely supporting any of RugbyWA's plans for their future, just the cryptic and party line being said time and time again by Robinson/ Eales/ Pulver and co. Disgraceful.

Resign the lot of you, ARU!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Markos2012 View Post
    I reckon the ARU will have little choice but to endorse. They are still working on how best to protect their empire while also getting Twiggy’s money. I back Twiggy.
    With Rugby Asia and the IRB backing it they will have no choice. The RA are reliant on funds from the IRB in 2019 to cover the shortfall for not hosting a touring side in June and a shortened 4 Nations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    With Rugby Asia and the IRB backing it they will have no choice. The RA are reliant on funds from the IRB in 2019 to cover the shortfall for not hosting a touring side in June and a shortened 4 Nations.
    There is a article on rugby.com.au about this. Posted at 9pm EST.. perfect timing so they all miss in the news before we get more Michael Cheika "F**king cheats" articles in the morning

Player
    vCash
    I’m not sure what to say about Cheika cause hey if he felt it say it! About time some one said what they felt and was honest.

Unlike Rugby Australia who are the furthest thing from honest.

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast