Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast

Thread: How Twiggy will run his rebel rugby comp

vCash
    Unless it's cramming all of us in to one side of the WACA and then putting cameras on the empty side?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Didn't take long for TWAS to hoard and ruin the discussion points that Brett McKay put up on the Roar about the IPRC

Another reason why the June 2019 finish makes sense is that there are no June tests and in 2020 the test window moves to July.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I was wondering about where games would be held in WA? With Twiggys vision it’s all about the spectacle and the spectators enjoyment, light shows etc. with that in mind I’m assuming we would be playing at the Craypot but would we have the fans to make it both viable, look a half decent crowd and I wonder what the viewing will be like for a rectangular pitch. I know when we started at Spewbie we used to get +/-k30 we would need more than that in a k60 seater stadium. I suppose we could stay at NIB but can they produce everything that Twiggy envisages?
    Food for thought.
    It should be NIB the WA Government who have gone in to bat for the Force need a tennant so it doesn't put the Glory at risk of paying higher rent to sustain revenue. I think the naming rights are up for renewal soon

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    It should be NIB the WA Government who have gone in to bat for the Force need a tennant so it doesn't put the Glory at risk of paying higher rent to sustain revenue. I think the naming rights are up for renewal soon
    You must have missed the memo that said anywhere other than NIB Stadium is the obvious location

Apprentice
    vCash
    How about an initial RULE (not an 'Agreement', we're wise to them NOW!) at startup of IPRC that allows up to 20% of any Wabblies squad (still can't bring myself to use the official 'Walla...' word we used to like, for the foreseeable!) to come from the IPRC.

Round it up, so, for a 23-man squad, up to 5 can come from IPRC (all 5 can be on field at same time, of course, if performance warrants).

How can that NOT satisfy all parties - still means that at least 80% of 'selections' need to be trotting round in Superduper Ratby, but if you're good enough, you can still get a berth from IPRC.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It's no coincidence that Enemy starts with an 'E' - secession's looking good!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UkCol View Post
    How about an initial RULE (not an 'Agreement', we're wise to them NOW!) at startup of IPRC that allows up to 20% of any Wabblies squad (still can't bring myself to use the official 'Walla...' word we used to like, for the foreseeable!) to come from the IPRC.

Round it up, so, for a 23-man squad, up to 5 can come from IPRC (all 5 can be on field at same time, of course, if performance warrants).

How can that NOT satisfy all parties - still means that at least 80% of 'selections' need to be trotting round in Superduper Ratby, but if you're good enough, you can still get a berth from IPRC.
    That's thinking.

Player
    vCash
    Games should be at NIB. Doesn't RugbyWA have a long term contract at the Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UkCol View Post

Here's my idea as an alternative - no number restriction but players would need to fulfill at least one of the following criteria...
    a) Signed from WA rugby
    b) Signed from overseas (whether Australian or subsequently qualified)
    c) Signed from another code
    d) A player covered by an existing Western Force Super Rugby contract
    e) A player who has renewed an existing Western Force Super Rugby contract

I don't think the ARU could possibly quarrel with the first 3 - maybe the last one or two but, hey, it is a negotiation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post

I don't think Rat's Arse could possibly quarrel with the first 3 - maybe the last one or two but, hey, it is a negotiation.
    Fixed.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    Reactions out of Singapore
    Rugby: Singapore keen on joining new Indo Pacific Rugby Championship

SINGAPORE - The Republic is exploring the idea of forming a franchise to play in the newly formed Indo Pacific Rugby Championship (IPRC), which is slated to start in 2019.

Singapore Rugby Union (SRU) vice-president Sunny Seah told The Straits Times that the national sports association attended a presentation by the new league's representatives here last week.

Seah said: "It is still very conceptual at this stage, but we see it as an opportunity and are quite excited about it."

The IPRC is the brainchild of Australian mining magnate Andrew Forrest, who introduced the new competition in September in response to the Australian Rugby Union's axing of Western Australian side Western Force from next year's Super Rugby competition.

The 18-team Super Rugby competition, which also featured the Japan and Singapore co-based Sunwolves, will be reduced to 15 sides next season. South African sides Cheetahs and Southern Kings are the other two teams that have been axed.

Billionaire Forrest is based in Western Australia, and a supporter of the Western Force.

According to recent media reports, the IPRC will feature six franchises, including the Western Force, and will start in March 2019. This will bring it head to head with the Super Rugby season, which runs from February to August.

Other than Singapore, the new league's organisers have reportedly been in contact with countries such as China, Japan, India, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Fiji, Hong Kong and South Korea on forming franchises.

SRU's Seah said: "The interesting thing is that it's not just about the men's 15s; they plan to have competitions for the women's 15s, as well as the men's and women's sevens. It seems like a pretty big deal."

However, the clash in the Super Rugby and IPRC league seasons would also mean that top players may choose Super Rugby over the new competition if they want to be selected for Australia, especially with the World Cup looming in 2019 in Japan.

With only a few exceptions, the Wallabies' selection policies dictate that players must play for a franchise in Super Rugby, which features four Australian sides next season, to be considered for selection.

But Seah said: "They have promised us that there'd be marquee players, probably former Wallabies, and they will not be concentrated in an Australian super team that plays against the rest of the world.

"These players will be distributed among the franchises and they will, in turn, help the various teams develop rugby in their respective countries through clinics and training."

National player Kyle Chong is understandably excited about the possibility of playing in the new championship.

The No. 10 said: "It would be a great opportunity and one that I would relish. As a player, you always want to improve and be better.

"The only way to do that and improve individually, and as team, is to play with, and against, better players.

"The concept is fantastic and I'm keen to hear more plans as it develops with the organisers and SRU."
    http://www.straitstimes.com/sport/ru...y-championship

vCash
    Singapore would be a logical entrant as they have huge grassroots participation and WA youth teams often go over there on tour, im not 100% on their senior level but no doubt there is some talent floating around.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    South African sides Cheetahs and Southern Kings are the other two teams that have been axed.
    Everyone needs to stop saying the Cheetahs and Kings were axed. They were not axed they were transferred to a different comp. BIG difference.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    Singapore would be a logical entrant as they have huge grassroots participation and WA youth teams often go over there on tour, im not 100% on their senior level but no doubt there is some talent floating around.
    You bloody ripper!!! Talking to a fair few other rugby tragics up here, they would all certainly be interested in supporting this. Apart from ex-Australian players, the Singapore team could also bring in the PI players to strengthen the side. That would also make it easier if they need to release any PI players for any international duties.

I wouldn't mind sitting on the hill, drinking a few tigers, a curry puff or two and watching the Force take on the Singapore Lions!

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Singapore Slings

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecilia View Post
    Everyone needs to stop saying the Cheetahs and Kings were axed. They were not axed they were transferred to a different comp. BIG difference.
    Exactly Cecilia. Mentioned that to RUPA and stated that the ARU were taken to school. Response was they knew it was on the cards and it still took certain parasites in the Clown College by surprise.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast