Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Thread: How Twiggy will run his rebel rugby comp

vCash
    The info (unofficial) above said it will start in July.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    It was always stated that pre-season trials would start June-July and the season proper from August

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sack & crac View Post
    So it will run during the local competition? Does this mean clubs will be less inclined to pay to hang onto Force Fringe/Future Force etc. if they are going to miss half the local season? Makes it tough to grow the clubland competition if the creme is potentially taken off the top.
    So - this competition is being created so WA players have a pathway to representative Rugby. But this is going to be a problem for Clubland?

Am I missing something?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    So - this competition is being created so WA players have a pathway to representative Rugby. But this is going to be a problem for Clubland? Am I missing something?
    I think the proposed timing is an issue, nrc, IPRC and wallabies will compete for the same talent if it coincides with club rugby as well it'll be a struggle to field enough professional players. it would make a lot more sense to run it at a time when fewer players are already playing.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    So - this competition is being created so WA players have a pathway to representative Rugby. But this is going to be a problem for Clubland?

Am I missing something?
    No no, there's a mis communication here.

Community Rugby runs from Easter to end of August. Super Rugby will run from February to September, NRC and IPRC will be after both. Pathway to IPRC and Wallabies will still be via Community Rugby and NRC, IPRC.

Had a great chat with Hodgo today. Community is the key, women's rugby and sevens as well. We want clubs in Perth to excite and better Shute Shield.

Imagine this - Future Force and Super Players staying in Perth, playing for their clubs. Each week we have a "Match of the Round" , maybe the RUGBYWA cup match, some Friday nights we have Colts, Women's and even a few 7's games, we create an evening or afternoon of entertainment and skill. Imagine heading to Success - home of the Terrifying Southern Lions, where the facilities are State of the Art. The afternoon starts with 3rd grade followed by reserve grade and then Premier Grade with both teams including Super Players, Future Force and Clubbies from the Piggies. Full Strength Beer or Wine under cover in the stands, a sausage roll and 4 metres from the hits and tackles. Tribalism at it's best.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post

Community Rugby runs from Easter to end of August. Super Rugby will run from February to September, NRC and IPRC will be after both. Pathway to IPRC and Wallabies will still be via Community Rugby and NRC, IPRC.

Had a great chat with Hodgo today. Community is the key, women's rugby and sevens as well. We want clubs in Perth to excite and better Shute Shield.

Imagine this - Future Force and Super Players staying in Perth, playing for their clubs. Each week we have a "Match of the Round" , maybe the RUGBYWA cup match, some Friday nights we have Colts, Women's and even a few 7's games, we create an evening or afternoon of entertainment and skill. Imagine heading to Success - home of the Terrifying Southern Lions, where the facilities are State of the Art. The afternoon starts with 3rd grade followed by reserve grade and then Premier Grade with both teams including Super Players, Future Force and Clubbies from the Piggies. Full Strength Beer or Wine under cover in the stands, a sausage roll and 4 metres from the hits and tackles. Tribalism at it's best.
    That sounds good...except the going to Success bit. Not having a car, I'd have to work out route and timing there and back.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post

You had me at Full Strength Beer.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    That sounds good...except the going to Success bit. Not having a car, I'd have to work out route and timing there and back.
    Chances are even if you had a car to get there it would be gone by home time anyway :-)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Super Rugby will run from Feb to Sept but NRC and IPRC only for Oct and Nov??

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    I think Super Rugby will end in July when the Test window changes!

Player
    vCash
    But end August in 2018 and 2019

vCash
    I'm hoping Super Rugby will be dead and buried after 2020!!!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    And so say all of us!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    But end August in 2018 and 2019
    July in 2019 as there is no June tests due to the RWC. Then there will be a shortened 4 Nations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    At least in its current form! I certainly want to be there when the Western Force win the gf in whatever league the Warratahs and Reds are playing in, don't care what it's called, just want the payback.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast