Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Thread: How Twiggy will run his rebel rugby comp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    Matt Hodgson commented on FB that announcements are imminent with just a few things to tick off then teams,players and coaches will be revealed. Hope they sign up some of the Spirit guys. They were fantastic in the game yesterday
    I would expect (hope) for this comp to be mainly ppl players in the beginning, because the majority of the likely teams will struggle to field a better outfit. Bulk it up with some marquee players, but there's no point putting together a comp that runs alongside nrc and has only one team better than that standard

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Awesome to hear this competition is gaining traction and will be launched soon. This is the ray of hope I've been clinging to while the ARU destroys the game of rugby in WA. Hopefully the rumour Jack Ma is on board and wants to put in $250 million is true.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    I saw a post from Jodi Hodgson on Facebook sea of blue site saying it was coming on. It sounded so positive despite feeling crap with the flu it's put a pep in the step 😊😊

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    I spoke with Hodgo yesterday after the game and told him that people were wondering what was happening and needed some sort of goods news after hearing about Dave leaving. He told me that I could put this up on TWF.

1. Announcement was imminent. Probably next week.
    2. ARU need to agree on three things - a. Time-frame - has been approved - July August next year. b. That players can be up for Wallaby Selection - Cheika wants this so he can have the pick of the crop for the 2019 RWC - so should go thru. and C. a clause in contracts for Wallabies not picked for tests be able to play in the IPAC, similar to the clause for the NRC.
    3. Comp with start with six teams - I asked if Fiji was in that initial six - Hodgo said probably not until 2019.
    4. One team from WA and the other 5 from Asia.
    5. Hodgo had fielded phone calls from over 250 rugby players interested in putting their names down- Aussies playing in Aust and overseas and also from foreign players playing here and overseas interested.
    6. He is in a lot happier place from when he wrote his article a few weeks ago and is very excited about the new comp.

We spoke for about 10 mins and I have forgotten some of the things that he mentioned, but these are probably the main points that would interest people on here.

I walked away buzzing and the happiest I felt in the last few months about Rugby in WA . Hodgo gives off a lot of positive energy. Great win by the Piggies!!!

22 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Great update Snusan and thanks as I also needed something to look forward to and hope for our Rugby community in WA!

Ditto regarding yesterdays game...I was on the hill with mates and thoroughly enjoyed the rugby!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snusan View Post
    2. ARU need to agree on three things - a. Time-frame - has been approved - July August next year. b. That players can be up for Wallaby Selection - Cheika wants this so he can have the pick of the crop for the 2019 RWC - so should go thru. and C. a clause in contracts for Wallabies not picked for tests be able to play in the IPAC, similar to the clause for the NRC.
    This part is my only concern. I have a feeling that this will turn into Eastern States leftovers playing for Perth with no feeling for the club or location. I suppose its a bit like Sunwolves in SR. Not sure how I'd feel about Quade Cooper in a Western Force IPRC jersey...or Will Genia or Rob Simmons.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    This part is my only concern. I have a feeling that this will turn into Eastern States leftovers playing for Perth with no feeling for the club or location. I suppose its a bit like Sunwolves in SR. Not sure how I'd feel about Quade Cooper in a Western Force IPRC jersey...or Will Genia or Rob Simmons.
    Keep in mind there was talk of a centralised player pool.

So you'd think if we installed a 'no dickheads' policy off-casts would just be drafted somewhere else.

However personally I think allowing players to play over east during the Super Rugby season could be a misstep as any 'close-ness' in the playing group would most likely not exist with such a short season and bad habits could be formed potentially. eg. A season of playing for the Tahs/Rebels could turn a bright young player into another JOC.

vCash
    I'm gonna look on the upside of this. Hoping that a lot of the NRC squad plus anyone else who doesn't get a SR gig will want to play in Pindan Premiership and show their wares.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Surely they'd need to be contracted to an IPRC franchise first? Therefore, after reading the fox sports account of koroibetes game, Dane will line up for the force whenever marika is fit, but Simmons will never Play because he won't be contracted.

C'mon the

vCash
    Judging by the standard of our own local guys coming through who played yesterday, I'd take everyone in preference to outside. They played like cool headed professionals with great attitude and skill and would give them first choice! If we can hold that squad with our Force players like Hardwick, Chance, Phillips, Koteka etc I'd be very happy!

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Id be happy for the east coast leftovers to be farmed out to the asian teams so we can continue to whip them with our Premier Grade, Future Force players and Force guys who don't get a Super Rugby gig.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    I hope I didn't misquote him. He was going through everything so quick.

Rookie
    vCash
    Those not selected for Wallabies would be available for IPAC, doesn't mean they will be selected.

I reckon the Force would look pretty similar to the 2017 Force squad except for those playing for the Wallabies....and coached by Wessells.

Senior Player
    vCash
    It'd be cool if we could also develop some coaches from here as well. Really start to provide some real home grown from players to coaches to support staff. That way if Dave (or the ARU/rebels) decides that it won't fit in for them to be here we can be covered. Would be handy to not have to rely on too many people not interested in being part of our culture or our way of doing things.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    It'd be cool if we could also develop some coaches from here as well. Really start to provide some real home grown from players to coaches to support staff. That way if Dave (or the ARU/rebels) decides that it won't fit in for them to be here we can be covered. Would be handy to not have to rely on too many people not interested in being part of our culture or our way of doing things.
    I agree. We still have our academy. We could start integrating referees and coaches into the system and grow our own backyard to one day overtake the EARU. We can build something special from this. Watching the NRC the east coast players don't look up to standard to me.

Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast