Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So is Andrew Forrest actually propping up the ARU?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...13-gygdqk.html

"Andrew 'Twiggy' Forrest launches Indo Pacific Rugby competition"

Interesting bit here:

""There's been a fair bit of water under the bridge with Cameron and I," Forrest said. "We had a frank and friendly discussion when he was here recently. We were cast as adversaries. We did not agree with the cancelling of this magnificent team (Western Force). In that adversarial form, we did have to go a little toe to toe. But now with the Western Force becoming an international team ... there should be nothing but collaboration on behalf of Australian rugby." "

I guess we got our IP (or name at least) back.
    What does it mean being an international team if we weren't one before? Does that mean we can play in the next World Cup?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    What does it mean being an international team if we weren't one before? Does that mean we can play in the next World Cup?
    I suspect that's a dig at the ARU post 2020

vCash
    Please explain...
    If I had funds in 5 bank accounts and decided to make it four accounts ..so all my funds were distributed into the 4 remaining accounts ... the remaining accounts aren't any stronger ....
    so how does at least one of the ARU's many logics work.. Am I missing something...???

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    Please explain...
    If I had funds in 5 bank accounts and decided to make it four accounts ..so all my funds were distributed into the 4 remaining accounts ... the remaining accounts aren't any stronger ....
    so how does at least one of the ARU's many logics work.. Am I missing something...???
    Another metaphor along these lines would be if you had five share portfolios that needed a minimum of 20-30 shares to keep open, but all portfolios had several duds shares.

There are two ways to go about this, sell the dud shares and try to buy better performing share in its place, which would require cashflow to do so. Or close down one of the portfolios distributing the well performing shares in place of the sold off duds shares.

The latter is what the ARU are attempting to do but not taking into account certain having 5 portfolios open had a special offer that you would gain bonus shares per year that would net you more in the long term. All this while keeping their portfolio open that has shares that have been in free fall since they purchased them under the falsehood of having sunk so much money into it and believing they will come right despite no evidence to the contrary. Let's call that share Dick Smith's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2