Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So where to now for TWF'rs

vCash

So where to now for TWF'rs

Hi guys

For the time being we are in limbo land. No Super Team to support with only the Spirit to keep us going (hmm, sound a bit like a tv evangelist there) But after that? We have the local comp next year and hopefully the IPRC at some time in the future.

As a supporter group where do we want to go? Do we want to disappear slowly over time? Hell, I've actually come to like a few of you and most of you aren't as ugly in person as I had imagined In the past six months there have been some new faces on here to boot. We have shown through several avenues we are a creative and passionate mob and I think we have a lot to offer.

Exile made the suggestion some time ago that we should take the next step and become an incorporated not-for-profit supporters group. I think that has merit. Whilst we don't have a Super Rugby Team, we still have a Super Rugby Union (RugbyWA that is) that more than ever, needs supporters.

I'm not suggesting anything too fancy, but I am sure we can make a positive contribution whether it be through fundraising (no bloody stickers) or other forms of advocacy.

Thoughts?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm going to start following Munster more actively. I will probably even have more opportunity to follow community rugby here (living in Maylands, I have a choice of Perth Bayswater and Perth Irish. hmmm....). Waiting on IPRC. Will still go to JBs too.

I'm just wondering if TWF itself will now change URL and name to something else.

I absolutely, definitely will not support or follow any Australian rugby or Australian team outside of WA.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    I wonder if Mr Puller and De-Clyne know this website even exists. Puller didnt seem to expect those senate question and alot of the reasearch was done in this very group. I would love to know whether they know this place is even out there and if they did know they would realise it is one of the only true fan sites that exist in support of any super rugby side. It would be a massive shame to shut this place down. If there are people willing to post here then keep it open.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I reckon we whore ourselves out to whichever sports team throws us the most money... 1 season contracts only...

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    I reckon we whore ourselves out to whichever sports team throws us the most money... 1 season contracts only...
    Could be waiting a little while.......

FREE to good home......miserable bunch of gits wandering around kicking stones

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Please can we keep it going? I've come to love checking TWF and with all that we've lost the past few weeks not sure I can cope with this as well. What about a general rugby site? Happy to contribute money/time. Was hoping to meet you all when I didn't have a baby and toddler demanding so much time. 😊

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Its very difficult for me to have a say in this and other matters considering I live in Enemy Territory.

I believe that now is the perfect opportunity to take advantage of the heightened level of passion for all things Western Australian Rugby. This includes:

encouraging everyone to become a member of a Club Rugby side;

to create a Real Supporters Group in preparation for TwiggyBowl;

I for one am looking forward to Twiggys Comp. To cheering on the Western Force 2.0 and to flying to Perth so I can be a part of this new era of Australian Rugby.

I hope that TWF and all of you will be a part of that.

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    One thing I have thought about for years is how hard it is to get old Force games. Like, when trying to show people why I love the Force I would show them some of our many famous victories, and that alone was hard to find. Now we are done what's the bet as a group we could petition Foxtel to release the footage of our history to us?

vCash
    Ive removed myself from GAGR but planned on staying TWF. By the way thanks to whoever it was involved in handing out TWF bussiness cards at a match a few years back.

Im hoping IPRC gets up, gonna have to investigate club rugby and pick a side to support. Hoping Spirit remain.

And speaking of old matches... Ex werent you looking into something?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    keep this site going!!
    all we have is impotent anger, no one on our side, and a website !!
    and -- as you never know the force may be reborn and it'l all be set up when they return
    its good to know you are not alone in tis situation --- coping with life issues such as "what do you do when the bastards win then rub your nose in it"
    twf is like the sea of blue-- you hardly know anyone in the crowd but you know theyre all onside
    and good to stick together a bit as the anger turns to despair and worse

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The site will keep going while you all want it to keep going.

Out team has been stolen, we know where it is, we will get it back.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Can we turn it into a site that plans to ruin Rugby for the rest of the remaining Super Rugby teams.

For example Melbourne based Force fans posting stories of intentionally burning the milk for Rebels supporters lattes.

vCash
    or cutting the man-buns off their favourite baristas

vCash
    I've met such an awesome bunch of people on this site who I consider friends. Hopefully we can continue as a general rugby discussion site, maybe still do tours but to games like the sevens instead?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post

And speaking of old matches... Ex werent you looking into something?
    The older matches - especially the first couple of seasons have proven difficult to track down.

But I still have a few options that I am working on.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast