Thread: Rugby leak claim probed by Senate

Champion
    vCash

Rugby leak claim probed by Senate

Rugby leak claim probed by Senate
    EXCLUSIVE, Nick Taylor

An explosive claim that the besieged Australian Rugby Union leaked its confidential Alliance Agreement with RugbyWA to the rival Victorian Rugby Union will be examined by a Senate inquiry into the future of rugby union in Australia.
    The agreement, signed by both RugbyWA and the ARU last year, is at the centre of the legal battle to try to keep Western Force alive.
    RugbyWA claimed it ensured the governing body had to keep a Super Rugby side in Perth until 2020 when the current broad-casting deal ends.
    RugbyWA lost a NSW Supreme Court appeal against arbitration on Tuesday and the ARU cut the club. Force financial backer Andrew Forrest has briefed a legal team to consider a Court of Appeal challenge.
    The West Australian has a letter from RugbyWA lawyers Lavan to Tim North, president of the VRU that owns the Rebels, after it bought the Super Rugby licence for $1 from private owner Andrew Cox last month.

More here

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/rugby...-ng-b88592099z

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    The ARU have kicked the wrong hornets nest. No doubt the shredders are working overtime and a nice "new" paper trail is being fabricated as we speak. There is little doubt that the VRU, Rob Clarke and Tim North in particular, have their grubby hands on this just as much as the ARU. The more i think about it, i do not think Clyne is smart enough to pull this charade off without, say, a lawyer with expertise in constitutional and contractual law.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    The more i think about it, i do not think Clyne is smart enough to pull this charade off without, say, a lawyer with expertise in constitutional and contractual law.
    Well that explains why it was passed to them in the first place - legal advice. The refusal of the request from Lavan was cleverly worded in that it not only does not deny the copy was passed on but provides justification if it was. I guess a Senate inquiry can compel an answer though.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Weasel words

Who'd a thunk it.

ARU spokesman telling the truth, but hasn't got a clue because at Clynes request Clarke slipped it to North on the sly without telling anyone else

Neither Mr North QC nor Rebels spokesman deny it, they can't afford to flat out lie in case there is a leak....hilarious in the circumstances...so hide behind weasel words

Arseholes the lot of them
    ^^^ what he said

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    No it sounds like it was part of an information pack handed to each director (except of course the biased one)

THat's the smokescreen they're using to suggest that they haven't contradicted the terms of the contract.

It seems like that is the modus operandi of this organisation, cheat, steal, lie, destroy, and then find a way to fit that all within an interpretation of the terms of the contract.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    No it sounds like it was part of an information pack handed to each director (except of course the biased one)
    Are we missing the point? Tim North nor any office bearer of the VRU are; nor are they eligible to be; on the ARU board. If being given a copy of that agreement is kosher for a "voting member" then all state unions and all other franchises should have been given one. I can see why directors would be read in but the others only get a voice at general meetings. Correct?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I don't know who the director for Victoria was, but I think, from the tone of Clone's response it went something like

"We didn't breach the confidentiality of the agreement, we simply distributed the document among the directors. If the Victorian delegate passed this on to people he shouldn't have <shrug>"

C'mon the

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Are we missing the point? Tim North nor any office bearer of the VRU are; nor are they eligible to be; on the ARU board. If being given a copy of that agreement is kosher for a "voting member" then all state unions and all other franchises should have been given one. I can see why directors would be read in but the others only get a voice at general meetings. Correct?
    and wouldn't Geoff Stooke have been given a copy?

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I don't know who the director for Victoria was, but I think, from the tone of Clone's response it went something like

"We didn't breach the confidentiality of the agreement, we simply distributed the document among the directors. If the Victorian delegate passed this on to people he shouldn't have <shrug>"
    Each state does not have a director under the new governance. They are independent (). That's what I'm getting at.

Player
    vCash
    The ARU lodged two documents with ASIC on Wednesday, both for "Change to Company Details Appointment or Cessation of A
    Company Officeholder". I wonder who that would have been. Not that I wonder enough to pay $19.00 per lodgement to find out.

vCash
    oh please, I want to know

The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Pulver probably.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Most likely Stooke's resignation as a director