Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force players, coach vow not to sign with Melbourne Rebels

vCash
    Twiggy offer them the cash to stay asap

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    the moment it will really hit home is if/when Blood and players move to Rebels. I understand why, and they may move as a block for solidarity , and they wont be keen
    but for support team / fans etc it will be double rubbing our nose in it

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    If I was Twiggy, I'd pay Wessels a retainer to act as a consultant in some form for his comp. It would be a once in a lifetime opportunity for him, so I am sure he would find it hard to resist.

Pay some of the key players a retainer and maybe an agreement that they can go play elsewhere while things are set up. Preferably overseas. I appreciate that some of the top notch players aren't going to hang around, especially those with Wallaby aspirations, but maybe pay them a reward for not signing with the Rebels. Prefer them to go to the Red or Brumbies myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I appreciate that some of the top notch players aren't going to hang around, especially those with Wallaby aspirations, but maybe pay them a reward for not signing with the Rebels. Prefer them to go to the Red or Brumbies myself.
    If this were to eventuate we will where RUPA stands. I have not seen them do a lot apart from talk so far. Their insistence that players are free to play where they want will be tested.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    If this were to eventuate we will where RUPA stands. I have not seen them do a lot apart from talk so far. Their insistence that players are free to play where they want will be tested.
    Rupa will wave their arms in the air whist slowly walking backwards to an exit.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wallabydarnd View Post
    the moment it will really hit home is if/when Blood and players move to Rebels. I understand why, and they may move as a block for solidarity , and they wont be keen
    but for support team / fans etc it will be double rubbing our nose in it
    The EARU has been rubbing our noses in it for the past few months, and all we can do is to keep wiping their snot off of our faces.
    Sadly, I think John Edwards hit the nail on the head on Tuesday - "the simple fact [is] that we simply don't matter to the ARU".

The Force team are a bunch of young guys who have careers and families to think of, so they need to do what's best for them and their families.

I suspect that moving the core of the Force, including its coach, to Melbourne is an optimal solution for the EARU (although I am not sure that the EARU is smart enough to have planned it this way). Getting rid of the Force is only a part of their "financial solution" - they also have to make the Rebels financially viable, and that means the Rebels have to start winning games.

The EARU can't continue to mask the Rebel's real financial position by playing the accounting tricks which Alison has identified.

Interestingly, in order to start winning games, the Rebels will have to hand out defeats to the three "heartland" teams along the way. I wonder how the "heartland" teams will feel about having the Rebels in the competition when they start to suffer defeats on a regular basis at the hand of the Melbourne Rebels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    The EARU has been rubbing our noses in it for 12 years, and all we can do is to keep wiping their snot off of our faces.
    Sadly, I think John Edwards hit the nail on the head on Tuesday - "the simple fact [is] that we simply don't matter to the ARU".

The Force team are a bunch of young guys who have careers and families to think of, so they need to do what's best for them and their families.

I suspect that moving the core of the Force, including its coach, to Melbourne is an optimal solution for the EARU (although I am not sure that the EARU is smart enough to have planned it this way). Getting rid of the Force is only a part of their "financial solution" - they also have to make the Rebels financially viable, and that means the Rebels have to start winning games.

The EARU can't continue to mask the Rebel's real financial position by playing the accounting tricks which Alison has identified.

Interestingly, in order to start winning games, the Rebels will have to hand out defeats to the three "heartland" teams along the way. I wonder how the "heartland" teams will feel about having the Rebels in the competition when they start to suffer defeats on a regular basis at the hand of the Melbourne Rebels.
    Fixed it for you FingerTips. No charge

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Look, I have to say this. It's nothing against the men, because I know they have to look after their families, and I don't begrudge them anything that they choose to do because of that.

They have to understand that, for me, the jersey represents the organisation, I will be as heartbroken as they if the have to sign with the rebels, but they need to understand I will NEVER support their new team if they go to another Australian franchise.

I will always support them as individuals, but I won't be watching them play

I hope that's OK

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    It's only when players disrespect the team and fans that they are vilified. Players move teams all the time, only some are tossers ... Mitchell etc. That said, If Hodgo went to Tahs or Rebels, even then I would not support them.

It's quite the conundrum. The ARU wants tribalism, they think derbies create interest and enthusiasm. Yet they then expect us to support another team we detest. Tossers

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Rupa will wave their arms in the air whist slowly walking backwards to an exit.
    I know its oft used ...

Name:  h345FA0B7.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  7.3 KB

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Champion
    vCash
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...15-gyie50.html

A depressing read for a Sunday 😳

vCash
    So much for standing shoulder to shoulder to with your fellow union members.

vCash
    Lol Hooper thinks Force players will bring experience and passion to the Tahrds

Plonker

vCash
    Michael 'I'm all right Jack, and I don't care about you' Hooper should pipe down.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    you have to feel sorry for all the staff at the Force having just discovered what a wonderful place we have here in the West and building something great some tossers in the east who couldt run a chook raffle F--k everything in the West and carry on saying its helping the sport grow

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast