Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ARU Key Reasons We Boned the Force

Apprentice
    vCash
    "The savings achieved by reducing a Super Rugby team ($18m over three years from
    2018-2020) will enable ARU to achieve the following objectives"

??WTF.. Contradiction??

Would the Force really have received $18 million over three years if they stayed?
    Wont there be increased travel costs with a larger round robin competition?

This document itself shows by keeping the Rebels as a best case in 2020 the ARU will just be scraping by, there are no savings

Talk about smoke and mirrors.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aemcanuff View Post
    "The savings achieved by reducing a Super Rugby team ($18m over three years from
    2018-2020) will enable ARU to achieve the following objectives"

??WTF.. Contradiction??

Would the Force really have received $18 million over three years if they stayed?
    Wont there be increased travel costs with a larger round robin competition?

This document itself shows by keeping the Rebels as a best case in 2020 the ARU will just be scraping by, there are no savings

Talk about smoke and mirrors.
    Yes, the Force would have received $18 million over three years - we get ~$6 million a year to pay the players, staff, training and travel costs. The Force get less money than any other Super Rugby side (due to Wallaby top-ups, extra admin costs, ground fees, bail-outs, etc) but we do cost the ARU some money.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yungfen View Post
    It would interesting to know if the ARU has actually factored in what the WA Govt would have tabled in for these Bledisloe games to be held in Perth , same for Brisbane and Sydney that the Victorian government has promised if the Rebels were kept. The rationale for their calculations would be severely incorrect if they did not factor that in. My money is on them not having factored that in.

Also Melbourne loves to be the World Capital of sport and I am fairly sure that they would not have turned their back on the Bledisloe games if the Rebels were cut......
    According to the reports of the grand presentation back in March/April by Clarke, they did not factor in any money from the WA government for future games. Their figures stated that if the Rebels were cut, then all projected income for future games from the Vic government would be lost (ie, no-one else would bid for the game). Their figures also stated that if the Force were cut and the WA government pulled out of the 2019 Bledesloe, then someone else would pick up the game for the same money. Although this double-standard was pointed out to Clarke (along with several other instances of dodgy accountancy), the ARU have not updated their "massive spreadsheet"(TM).

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Well according to the bits and pieces that were came out while the ARU were negotiating with Cox for the licence they were only at the Heads of Agreement stage. Whether the Vic government actually went on to sign contracts after the licence as sold for a dollar is the pertinent point. That is not subject to commercial confidence - only the details. And it is the most relevant point to the ARU claim that the Vics had a stronger model as at the 11th of August when they claim the decision was made. But they will still claim confidentiality until enough water has passed the bridge.
    Actually the Vic government hasn't signed the contracts yet, so no need for commercial confidence - as at the 11th August, no Vic Gov backing for Melbourne Rebels - so not sure why Clyne thinks this is the safer model - oh wait, he'll just pump another $6 m in through secret payments like he did last time - no problems

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

Apprentice
    vCash
    LOL
    i love how one of the uses for the money saved is for Junior rugby development but to save the money we have to destroy the fastest growing junior rugby community.

lol lol lol

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    Actually the Vic government hasn't signed the contracts yet, so no need for commercial confidence - as at the 11th August, no Vic Gov backing for Melbourne Rebels - so not sure why Clyne thinks this is the safer model - oh wait, he'll just pump another $6 m in through secret payments like he did last time - no problems
    Wow!! Just wow!! I hope Hans and John are reading this, as well as Senator Reynolds. That right there is a massive smoking gun!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Wow!! Just wow!! I hope Hans and John are reading this, as well as Senator Reynolds. That right there is a massive smoking gun!!
    This is what Alan Jones was going ballistic about, when he called Clyne a liar. As Jones said, a heads of agreement is not a contract and should not be used as though it were a binding commitment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    This is what Alan Jones was going ballistic about, when he called Clyne a liar. As Jones said, a heads of agreement is not a contract and should not be used as though it were a binding commitment.
    And any b/wanker would know that as they wouldn't give you tuppence without an iron cast contract!

May the FORCE be with you!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    Exactly it's like an alliance agreement where one party seeks to destroy the other. Not a binding contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    It's such a crock of shit BnB that it's not worth wasting your time trying to understand the double speak. It's all a pack of lies, no more and no less.

The silver lining in all of this for me is that we no longer have to so much as pass the time of day with the lying, thieving, corrupt and conniving septic tank dwellers at the non-Australian Rugby Union.
    See Alison...I said you had a way with words..

vCash
    Could be some interesting conversations had between our officials and Alan Jones this week. Would be good for him to give the cause renewed impetus leading into the senate inquiry.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Apprentice
    vCash
    ARU: 'Here is the supporting documentation but sorry we have left out the actual business analysis of the super rugby teams, that parts not important'

lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    See Alison...I said you had a way with words..
    Hahaha! Sometimes I could choose some of my words better though!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2