Page 7 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    ....One thing, I forgot to include on my list, was that the ARU should be made to give us back our Western Force IP, which they themselves have trashed and is of no resale value to anybody else other than us....
    Nah JSJ, the going rate for a Super License is the princely sum of.....$1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Pull your heads in, boys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wallabydarnd View Post
    Go for it gang--hats off to you all, to be able to begin to recall and collate all the multiple element of the entire shitfest!! if an appropriate submission could be put in a public space here so we can individually copy paste and submit ,is that of any help to the senate ?? ie weight of numbers of submissions??
    I'm happy to post mine as a starting point, but I know it'll be incomplete. Others could add to it, but there will be no value whatsoever in building an email flood of copy n paste. The members are required to read every submission and flooding them with 10,000 of the same document would be counter-productive. Far better to include 100 genuine, original pieces, even if they say the same thing.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    It is all so grubby! Shame EARU! Shame!

vCash
    This podcast on abc may be of interest http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/...58/podcast.xml

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash

Rugby leak claim probed by Senate

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/rugby...-ng-b88592099z

An explosive claim that the besieged Australian Rugby Union leaked its confidential Alliance Agreement with RugbyWA to the rival Victorian Rugby Union will be examined by a Senate inquiry into the future of rugby union in Australia. The agreement, signed by both RugbyWA and the ARU last year, is at the centre of the legal battle to try to keep Western Force alive.

RugbyWA claimed it ensured the governing body had to keep a Super Rugby side in Perth until 2020 when the current broad-casting deal ends. RugbyWA lost a NSW Supreme Court appeal against arbitration on Tuesday and the ARU cut the club. Force financial backer Andrew Forrest has briefed a legal team to consider a Court of Appeal challenge. The West Australian has a letter from RugbyWA lawyers Lavan to Tim North, president of the VRU that owns the Rebels, after it bought the Super Rugby licence for $1 from private owner Andrew Cox last month.

The letter claims Mr North told Force chief executive Mark Sinderberry in June he was given a copy of the agreement while RugbyWA was at the centre of the battle to stay alive. The letter sent on June 23 says that after the extraordinary general meeting of the ARU on June 20, “you stated to Mark Sinderberry that approximately one month ago you were provided with a number of documents by representatives of the ARU, and those documents included a copy of the Alliance Agreement between our client and the ARU”.

The lawyers asked Mr North to confirm whether the ARU had provided him with a copy of the agreement and the circumstances. The letter states that both parties, RugbyWA and the ARU, were obliged to keep the terms of the agreement strictly confidential. Mr North said in reply: “Like your client, the Victorian Rugby Union Inc is a voting member of the Australian Rugby Union Ltd and is subject to the obligations and benefits of that status under the constitution. It therefore declines your requests”. A spokeswoman for Mr North said he did not want to comment.

An ARU spokesman said: “The ARU respected the terms of the alliance agreement. ARU did not distribute the agreement, or words from the agreement to any third party”. When asked about the allegations, a Rebels spokesman said: “Thanks for reaching out to us but we’re not going to make any comments on the litigation between the ARU and RugbyWA.”

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Weasel words

Who'd a thunk it.

ARU spokesman telling the truth, but hasn't got a clue because at Clynes request Clarke slipped it to North on the sly without telling anyone else

Neither Mr North QC nor Rebels spokesman deny it, they can't afford to flat out lie in case there is a leak....hilarious in the circumstances...so hide behind weasel words

Arseholes the lot of them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    TWF has a little used feature called "Groups" where you can make discussion groups and designate them as public or private, invite only etc. This would likely work well for such a venture

Have a look here: http://twf.com.au/group.php (there is a link off the "Community" menu)
    In addition, if you want a shared repository for documents, you can use the google share folder that I created for the IATWF bumper stickers. PM me if interested. Forgive me for being paraniod, but I will only provide access to those of you I have met or known on here for more than 12 months (which is pretty much all of you now ), or on the advice of someone on here who meets this criteria.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Well I've started writing my submission, I suggest you all do the same. You are advised to adhere to the terms of reference, but the last one is a bit of a catch all, so go for it under that.

I plan to characterise mine to be about the Public perception of transparency and fair Process.
    I will be suggesting that the documented lack of engagement with rugby WA and the inherent bias in the process indicates that the ARU is not currently a nationally focused organisation and will be less so with the loss of one West Australian vote on the board.... Along with the fact that a West Australian representative has not been appointed to replace Geoff stooke despite his resignation being over a month ago.

I will also be asking how the ARU has squandered the funds from a record broadcast deal two years ago to build a situation where they need to sack 20% of their workforce or enter insolvency.

Others are welcome to use the same points or build a submission around your own
    Further to this, I've requested membership to the squirrel group, I'll post my submission there.

Can't be too careful, can we?

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Can't we have a submission that comes from TWF and we can all put our names to it as a fan group. As GIGS said it is pointless everyone of us saying the same thing and not all of us have the correct information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    it is pointless everyone of us saying the same thing and not all of us have the correct information
    Never stopped us before.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Number of submissions can be a good thing to this. It shows the strength of community feeling.

There's noting stopping us putting in a TWF one and also a personal one, it's just better if we craft each submission fresh.

We don't want our legitimate concerns to be thrown into the same pile as the email bombs that might be created by a robot!

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Folks, from this thread on The Roar (which is increasingly becoming a vehicle for ARU shills to peddle their wares) ... http://www.theroar.com.au/2017/09/08...felt/#comments

concerned supporter said | September 8th 2017 @ 5:24pm

Timeline of events

February 20
    • Pending the outcome of the upcoming SANZAAR Exco meeting in London, the ARU Board resolves to reduce Australia’s Super Rugby representation to four teams on two conditions: 1.) That South Africa (SARU) is able to reduce two teams and 2.) There being no reduction in SANZAAR broadcast revenue as a result of any reduction of teams under a new competition structure.

March 10
    • Mandated SANZAAR Executive Committee votes unanimously in support of reverting to a 15-team Super Rugby competition on the condition that there be no reduction in SANZAAR broadcast revenue as a result of the change. Consultation begins with broadcasters.”

So this culling was precipitated on February 20,the ARU Board resolved to reduce Australia’s Super RugbyTeams to Four, subject to rubber stamping.

The ARU resolution was passed on FEBRUARY 20,2017,A VERY IMPORTANT RESOLUTION FOR AUSTRALIAN RUGBY.

Now why did in the ARU’s Wonderful, glossy, full colour 76 page Annual Report, the pride & joy of the ARU, was this CONTRADICTARY STATEMENT made & signed off by Clyne & Pulver, over a month after they had resolved to cull an Australian Rugby Team.They also made an important and glaring omission from their now published Timeline of Events (see above).

The omission is from the 2016 ARU Concise Financial Report.,namely
    Directors Report , ITEM 7 – EVENTS SUBSEQUENT TO REPORTING DATE:
    In the interval between the end of the financial year (31 December 2016)and the date of this report (22 March 2017),no item,transaction or event of a material and unusual nature has arisen,in the opinion of the Directors of the Company, to affect significantly the operations of the Company,the Results of these operations,or the state of affairs of the Company in future financial years’
    Sgned C, Clyne Dated 22 March 2017
    Signed W. Pulver Dated 22 March 2017

The ARU Board had already resolved to cull a team on February 20,(subject to rubber stamping), yet they misled their Members, Australian Rugby Public & World Rugby by false information in this most important document.

Hope this matter is brought up at the coming Senate Enquiry.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    lol if that doesn't get them nothing will

Maybe Clyne could argue that because they had already decided the team to axe/cut/cull/chop/guillotine/discontinue was only the Western Force, then it DIDNT significantly effect the operations of the ARU....after all the ARU had never paid any attention to the Force for over a decade (since fining them over player payments)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 7 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast