Page 89 of 149 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2231

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Kids, there is a real chance that:

1) the fed govt will be got at and this matter will not progress any further. Politics is a dirty business. and

2) the likes of ASIC and ACCC will not prioritize this matter or have the necessary resources allocated to pursue this.

We need to brace ourselves for this possibility. Hope I'm wrong as I'd love to see these guys behind bars and banned from being a company director.

Clinc's comment about "long after this is over and everyone's forgotten about it" highlights his total ignorance of the damage he's caused. Playing the victim which made my blood pressure hit the ceiling!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I am really a Palmyra troll.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Post from Jodi Hodgson on the same article said that Matt and others were locked of the WA Government funded building by an ARU HR official. She said that his gear is still in his locker that he can't access. No mention of whether anything else that is personal and/or of sentiment is still there.

This needs to be forwarded on to Murray and McGowan asap as this is unacceptable.

I wonder if a small group of Australian Senators might like to know this also.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Champion
    vCash
    Did I hear Linda say she had seen the spreadsheet or whatever the tossers are calling it this week? Or was that a sly dig?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    I wonder if a small group of Australian Senators might like to know this also.
    They would I am sure. As submissions are closed only really Hansie and the WA Government can contact them and get a response so the ARU can get a question on notice. This also should be a matter for RUPA as it is property. I am sure there are other players that got property in there.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I find the locker story hard to believe as I personally have been to HQ twice in recent weeks, the change rooms, spas etc are clearly open and the lockers still have all the players names on them. Not saying it is not true, I just find it hard to believe.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    I find the locker story hard to believe as I personally have been to HQ twice in recent weeks, the change rooms, spas etc are clearly open and the lockers still have all the players names on them. Not saying it is not true, I just find it hard to believe.
    May be different when you have been made redundant. Don't forget that the ARU have put gags on Sinderberry and even Rob Clarke.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    I was at HQ yesterday, doors were open, people milling around, music blaring in the gym, Jodi or Matt should call me.

vCash
    Don't the Glory share the facilities? They can't lock the soccer players out of the building too, can they?

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Who amongst you are skilled in the art of tax and fair value?

Is the Rebels licence really only worth $1.00??? I believe ARU nominated a seven figure sum to an alternative buyer when negotiating with Cox.

How does the ATO view assets being undersold and sold for less than fair value? There would have to be at least 34c in every GST dollar they get for us in WA?
    Accountants may correct me but:

The Market Value substitution Rule means that if you sell an asset for less than the market value the ATO will assess the CGT as if you sold it at market value. Where a similar asset, say a super rugby license, is valued at, say $100m but you sold your license for $1 then the CGT is assessed as if you sold it for $100m.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm not an accountant, but is an incorporated sporting body, which is not subject to Income Tax, liable for CGT which ultimately is calculated on the rate at which its Income Tax is payable?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    I'm not an accountant, but is an incorporated sporting body, which is not subject to Income Tax, liable for CGT which ultimately is calculated on the rate at which its Income Tax is payable?

Dunno. But was imperium, owner of the MRRU an incorporated sporting body or a for profit entity?

vCash
    The MRRU is described in its own financial statements (and in those of the ARU for the period it controlled the MRRU) as a taxable entity under the Tax Assessment Act 1997. This is different from the ARU, which is not a taxable entity under that Act.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    Was thinking about the stats Clyne used ( as well as the other B.s) for justifying the destruction of our team he said that the win percentage had fallen significantly since 5 teams but does that take into account how many more teams there are in the comp?? So many more questions could be asked over this farce!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Was thinking about the stats Clyne used ( as well as the other B.s) for justifying the destruction of our team he said that the win percentage had fallen significantly since 5 teams but does that take into account how many more teams there are in the comp?? So many more questions could be asked over this farce!
    Also, why is past on field performance taken into account but not past financial performance?

Picking and choosing which is and isn't relevant.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Basic maths. Midtable of a 10 team comp is 5.5. Midtable of 18 team comp is 9.5. Spread the talent thin because Wallabies topups discourage player movement and restricts competition for talent and voila, we can make up a graph showing what we need it to show.

Page 89 of 149 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 139 ... LastLast