Page 67 of 149 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2231

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

vCash
    As someone pointed out to me on Weds, the Vic Govt money is not new money. It's money that the ARU would have received anyway as part of the agreements to host test matches. It's presumably just being brought forward.

Twiggy's money was all new money!! And that's the real story here - the ARU turned down $70m+ of new money that would have been on top of the Vics' $20 million.

That demonstrates to me that there was no way the ARU was going to keep the Force. Why was that? Did Clarke and co stand to lose out personally if the Force and the Rebels were both kept?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    I see RugbyWA has tabled some answers to questions taken on notice, more specifically, the email sent to the ARU showing what funding requests were made and RugbyWAs profit and loss forecasts for 2016/17.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    That demonstrates to me that there was no way the ARU was going to keep the Force. Why was that?
    It's pretty clear. As I mentioned on the other thread that the ARU were knee deep with their Rebels and the certain 'individuals' that were helping which drained their finances. This threw the Brumbies and Force under the gun.

What was to stop the ARU from moving the Force to Parramatta as proposed by Spiro and his mates in the Sydney clown press.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    What was to stop the ARU from moving the Force to Parramatta as proposed by Spiro and his mates in the Sydney clown press.
    I said on Weds that I thought that was the reason for the clause about the broadcasting deal in the Alliance Agreement.

It wasn't written to stop them shutting the team down, it was written to stop them moving it to Parramatta.

C'mon the

vCash
    ARU have been called to further vaccillate and question the authority of the inquiry

http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_...ublic_Hearings

C'mon the

vCash
    In Canberra this time!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I said on Weds that I thought that was the reason for the clause about the broadcasting deal in the Alliance Agreement.

It wasn't written to stop them shutting the team down, it was written to stop them moving it to Parramatta.
    Effectively they have just relocated the Force to Melbourne under the Rebels.

This is what I posted on the Unit Trust thread.

'Exactly they threw the Brumbies and Force under the gun.* The Force being the ultimate fall guys and the copious amounts of press about the Brumbies merging with the Rebels and moving to Melbourne. The move would have sent the Brumbies to the wall to assume the Rebels financial issues while using the team's name then shipped down the Hume away from their fan base. The only thing that prevented that was the Brumbies voting structure and constitution which gave the ACT clubs the voting power. It's often caused problems but ultimately it saves the club from being merged or relocated the Sydney press are still too dumb to realise that after pushing that agenda for over twenty years. The Brumbies have never trusted the ARU so an alliance agreement would never be voted as the ACT clubs are dependent on Brumbies money. Several of them are now run without licenced premises.

The scary thing is due to the Force's set up with the ARU they could have moved the team to Parramatta as Spiro and his Sydney press mates have suggested. Hopefully Force mark 2 are set up in such a way that they could never be subsumed and/or subject to vote on mergers or relocations.

Despite Clarke's lies it appears due to the Melbourne Rugby business club connection (which hasn't yielded a major sponsor since RaboDirect) that Gary Gray introduced Cox to the ARU to do Cox a favour. I haven't seen the press report on that since Wednesday. Sanzaar and the ARU are so much in the neck to this. If they both had honourable people working for them the fact that the Rebels went two years without actively looking for a major sponsor and a CEO should have raised red flags. Some Rebels fans have suggested that Cox decided to run the club that way.

Memo to Wessels the Force have got more in common with the Brumbies than the Rebels'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    In Canberra this time!
    And prime time to boot.

What's occurring at this hearing? Hopefully Clyne getting a bollocking

Player
    vCash
    ARU only witness being called and only one and a half hours allowed.

vCash
    AnARU Rangi?

Who is 'ARU' ?

Anyway jokes aside (hard when talking about clowns) it has ALWAYS been a matter of
    follow the money
    You guys (and gals) have been like bloodhounds on the sniff, wish some journos had the gall or gumption to follow suit

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Champion
    vCash
    ARU have been called to further vaccillate and question the authority of the inquiry

Won't be many places to hide this time.

Champion
    vCash
    Perhaps a question for Fulvio.

Reading page 24 of Hansard and having listened to Tim North's submission, I have 3 questions.

Clearly Tim North Q.C. has provided an opinion to the ARU on the security of the Rebels under the ARU Constitution. Surely he should have excused himself from providing any opinion considering his conflict of interest being President of the VRU?

Secondly The owner of the Rebels was not at this meeting ( 12th April). The VRU did not own any shares in Imperium where the licence resided.

Thirdly, is there a breach of contract with our Confidential Alliance agreement being photocopied by Tim North's Secretary?

vCash
    Given the outcomes of the Citizenship seven are due soon, I just hope there is no snap election called before November 13 as we don't want a delay in the report of this Inquiry.

vCash
    Apparently certain Melbourne Rebels officials may have been in the habit of spending wildly before they ever got a Super Rugby licence. In fact it could have jeopardised their admission in the first place.

Email reveals Vics a 'laughing stock' - Wayne Smith 2009

ALLEGATIONS that Australian Rugby Union officials would refuse to ratify a Victorian Rugby Union bid for a Super 15 expansion licence while Gary Gray remains VRU president are being investigated by ARU chairman Peter McGrath... .................................................. ................ it would not be the first time Gray has come in for criticism from the national body. When cost blow-outs killed the Australian Rugby Championship after its first and only season in 2008, accusing fingers were pointed at the Melbourne Rebels team, which ran up the heaviest bills, with Gray wearing most of the criticism.

http://www.news.com.au/news/email-re...d97c6f2e2b2d16

Apparently nobody has heard Einstein's definition of insanity. My mind is just about boggled out with this Melbourne fixation in Australian Rugby. FFS

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash

4pm our time..can anyone advise how to record from senate website

Page 67 of 149 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 117 ... LastLast