Page 84 of 149 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 94 134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2231

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Hmmmm if it was public knowledge, that scuppers our 'bad faith' argument somewhat.
    Nope, the article dated 26th August is during/after the signing. The article is describing the board meeting as being last week, which Smith labels as eight days before the signing.

another Patsy obfuscation and deflection exposed

He whined Several times it was deemed a lawful action to cut the Force. Only the single clause giving them the ability to cut the Force was investigated, nothing to do with was the contract itself being lawful. These revelations make It is increasingly clear the contract itself is flawed.

Further, I wonder who at ARU put in the infamous clause:
    ARU CEO Bill Pulver said everything was open for discussion, but it was unlikely changes would be made until the end of the 2020 television broadcast deal.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by sittingbison; 16-10-17 at 23:00.
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Champion
    vCash
    What I am trying to say that the ink on the AA was hardly dry, when dropping a team was actually formally discussed at a ARU board meeting. So "dropping a team discussions" must have been going on at ARU executive management level before RugbyWA signed the AA.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Bison, I missed the bit about "which Smith labels as eight days before the signing"
    Wow. This is a really a smoking gun.

vCash
    Accenture was actually appointed on 1 June 2016 and the Alliance Agreement was finalised on 3 June 2016.

Would be interesting to know the details of any discussions between SANZAAR and Accenture before their appointment.

Can't believe that the idea of cutting an Aussie team hadn't been discussed before/during the time that that the Alliance Agreement was being discussed.

Any discussions would have been known to the EARU but not to the Western Force.

vCash
    So Clyne continued with the scorecard story while acknowledging that there were only two teams that could be legally cut - since the Brumbies could not legally be cut, why did Pulver declare them safe due to their 'iconic brand' status - no, they were safe because legally, the ARU could not cut them.
    If the ARU could have bought the Rebels back from Cox then they would have been cut, but those negotiations stalled, so they couldn't legally cut them.
    They were stuck cutting the Force because legally they could. This is not part of the measured score card and never could be.
    Smoke and mirror stuff.

truth triumphs

vCash
    Then why did Clyne push to get Geoff Stooke barred from the conversation for presumably this very reason?

Was it simply because Clarke's conflict was more in line with what the ARU wanted to achieve?
    Of course and Stooke would have called Clarke out and told him to get f..ked. Reynolds owned de Clyne when she said to the parasite that past results do matter, the Rebels have cost the ARU the most money, the Rebels knowingly haven't filled half their squad (the remained of those 12 players still haven't signed full contracts with the Rabble) and that they went with a side that has no evidence of any success back then and going forward.

Leahy was rattling off Victorian produced Wallabies since the Rebels were brought in over half of them don't want to play for Melbourne. Leiliifano has turned them down at least twice, ditto Ioane at least, Tapuai went to the Force when he had an option to go to Melbourne, Elsom has connections down there and went to the Brumbies.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Accenture was actually appointed on 1 June 2016 and the Alliance Agreement was finalised on 3 June 2016.

Would be interesting to know the details of any discussions between SANZAAR and Accenture before their appointment.

Can't believe that the idea of cutting an Aussie team hadn't been discussed before/during the time that that the Alliance Agreement was being discussed.

Any discussions would have been known to the EARU but not to the Western Force.
    Don't forget that cutting a side was mentioned as far back as 2013-14. The only reason why it didn't go further was that the ARU didn't approach Sanzar and the broadcaster.

Reynolds should have mentioned to de Clyne that Foxsports wanted five Australian teams.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Player
    vCash
    I’m so annoyed with Baz from 6PR. The AFL centric clown. Millsy read out a message I’d sent asking if anyone in the media was going to mention Cameron Clyne and the progress of the ARU senate enquiry.which saw the Western Force axed. There seems to be no commentary on it from any media.

Baz said no one was interested and the ship has sailed on that one!

Player
    vCash
    Baz

Your a typically AFL centric and no other sport matters.

Millsy the one who does care.
    The senate enquiry is digging into whether the game is truely trying to make a national footprint, inside knowledge such as photocopying of confidential documents from warugby union by the VRU.

The mentioning that some wa members were shut out of the process of cutting the team while people with interests in Victorian rugby may have had insider knowledge of decisions and may even had a chance to take part in those decision make processes.

I dislike Baz’s dismissive nature.
    Plus CDs being more interesting than a political process which looking into the running of a national/ international sport.

Baz in this case you are wrong it does matter how wa is treat and dismissed as too far away to matter.

If this was an enquiry on an afl team there would be 24 hour updates at the very least.

There are people interested!
    - This was my reply.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Good on you Mothy!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Cutting a side in 2013-14?

Not A side...THE side, the Rebels, which were costing the FIRST private owners a fortune and ultimately bankrupted them. Instead of closing them down, the ARU forgave their debts and took ownership themselves. That twit TWAS has several times pointed out they couldn't close them down due to contract obligations with SANZAAR and Fox.

What gets me about that wanker Clyne is him PROUDLY declaring the Force insolvent and the ARU rescued them. What obfuscation, what a shit

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    I’m so annoyed with Baz from 6PR. The AFL centric clown. Millsy read out a message I’d sent asking if anyone in the media was going to mention Cameron Clyne and the progress of the ARU senate enquiry.which saw the Western Force axed. There seems to be no commentary on it from any media.

Baz said no one was interested and the ship has sailed on that one!
    It's the same in the eastern states press. Everyone thinks it's over. Not even the numbnuts who type up articles for the Hurled have been interested because it doesn't suit their pro Waratahs agenda.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Accenture was actually appointed on 1 June 2016 and the Alliance Agreement was finalised on 3 June 2016. Would be interesting to know the details of any discussions between SANZAAR and Accenture before their appointment. Can't believe that the idea of cutting an Aussie team hadn't been discussed before/during the time that that the Alliance Agreement was being discussed. Any discussions would have been known to the EARU but not to the Western Force.
    Saltbush recommended dropping a team in 2013-2014, they must have had a clue what Accenture were going to recommend. Particularly since many of these reviews are launched with a general discussion about what is expected to be recommended.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Cutting a side in 2013-14?

Not A side...THE side, the Rebels, which were costing the FIRST private owners a fortune and ultimately bankrupted them. Instead of closing them down, the ARU forgave their debts and took ownership themselves. That twit TWAS has several times pointed out they couldn't close them down due to contract obligations with SANZAAR and Fox.

What gets me about that wanker Clyne is him PROUDLY declaring the Force insolvent and the ARU rescued them. What obfuscation, what a shit
    De Clyne was proud to say that Rugby WA officials approved of cutting a side in 2013-14. The financial year where the ARU was saved by the Lions Tour windfall. Oh how they could have done with that extra 13 million dollars they wrote off. Muppets.

De Clyne and Pulver like to throw around the word insolvent even though they don't know the meaning of it. To quote Alan Jones 'this bloke ran a bank'

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    So it would have cost over $100M to keep the Force in. If that is the case then SupernRugby is truly screwed and should be easing eyebrows in the other countries as wel.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Page 84 of 149 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 94 134 ... LastLast