Page 11 of 149 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Yep, join the squirrel group.
    Sorry guys, couldn't figure out how to do it - all done now

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Public Hearing in Perth on Weds 20 September

Hi all,

With all the talk of the new IndoPacRugby comp this week, we must not lose sight of the fact that the Senate inquiry into the ARU is now underway and the committee will be holding its first public hearing in Perth next Weds.

We need to keep the spotlight on the people at the ARU who got us to this point in our history and make sure they know we are NOT LETTING THEM OFF THE HOOK AND WANT THEM TO BE HELD TO ACCOUNT FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE.

The time of the hearing has yet to be announced but the location is Quest East Perth, 176 Adelaide Terrace.

Anyone can attend a public hearing but only witnesses are allowed to speak. Witnesses are specifically invited to speak by the committee. For those who can't attend in pereson, you can listen live via the Paraliament website at aph.gov.au

The following link contains other info about the procedures around public hearings:

http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_...public_hearing

In addition to this hearing, there will be a second one in Perth on 11 October. Venue and time yet to be announced.

Finally, anyone can make a WRITTEN submission to a committee inquiry. It doesn't need to be long or beautifully crafted by someone with a law degree; you just need to address at least one of the terms of reference and say what YOU think. Do add recommendations to your submission as that will to help to steer the committee when it starts drawing up its findings.

I cannot emphasise enough just how IMPORTANT it is that we give this inquiry every piece of information we have about the goings on at the ARU. It is our last chance to hold those board members and their executive staff to account for the decisions they have made and the way they have gone about making them.

The link to the page for our inquiry is:

http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_...reofrugbyunion

For those of you on Facebook, further info will be posted on the "Save the Force" page.

Get submitting people!!! The DEADLINE FOR THE RECEIPT OF SUBMISSIONS IS 12 OCTOBER.

10 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Well said Alison, it won't bring back the Force but there are a couple of high profile reputations that deserve to be trashed after their duplicitous and deceitful betrayal of rugby in WA and this Inquiry might just do it.

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Fyi, I'm planning to finalise my submission this weekend, so any squirrels who have suggestions for improvement please post them in the group.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    This whole thing of the sale of the Rebels for a dollar, what if Twiggy had said "I'll give you 50 million for it?"

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    This whole thing of the sale of the Rebels for a dollar, what if Twiggy had said "I'll give you 50 million for it?"
    From what I understand Cox was pretty close to selling when the Vic Govt & VRU started making noise and then it was always going to be a 'save face' transfer.

So maybe initially if he said, Cox, here's $10 mill, sign here now or lose it forever, so the VRU and Vic Govt couldn't whinge then maybe that could have worked. I think Cox was too worried about losing Victorian contacts and looking like a dick to sell once he realised it wouldn't go down well.

vCash
    He would have loved to sell to Twiggy for $10 - 50 m but according to the participation deed, his licence only allowed him to operate in Victoria, (and no other club can operate in Victoria - so no merger is possible).

The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

vCash
    Also, and this is mainly for Alison, since I suppose your submission will focus on the financials, what about a question regarding the extra $m for travel due to the expanded competition? Remember, Force did an extra overseas trip and swapped one SA trip for NZ or vice versa in 2016 - Rebels swapped a NZ trip for a Japan trip - the others are likely the same - surely not circa $5 m extra ? And if so, why wasn't this budgeted for and approved before agreeing to the expanded comp? More gross financial mismanagement.
    I have already lodged mine - I suppose I could add a new thread to it, but, if you are on this thread, maybe you could add it to yours.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

Player
    vCash
    Haven't read it yet but the headline disgusts me all the same. The rebels are asking to change the salary cap to acquire more Force players. The Australian. I think they have got enough out of us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    Also, and this is mainly for Alison, since I suppose your submission will focus on the financials, what about a question regarding the extra $m for travel due to the expanded competition? Remember, Force did an extra overseas trip and swapped one SA trip for NZ or vice versa in 2016 - Rebels swapped a NZ trip for a Japan trip - the others are likely the same - surely not circa $5 m extra ? And if so, why wasn't this budgeted for and approved before agreeing to the expanded comp? More gross financial mismanagement.
    I have already lodged mine - I suppose I could add a new thread to it, but, if you are on this thread, maybe you could add it to yours.
    Thanks Lou. I will definitely add that in. This Senate inquiry needs to be explosive because nothing else is going to prise those grubby hands off our beloved game.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Thanks Lou. I will definitely add that in. This Senate inquiry needs to be explosive because nothing else is going to prise those grubby hands off our beloved game.
    Alison you have my full support on this I back you with your continued fight for the rights of the sea of blue ..

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    Haven't read it yet but the headline disgusts me all the same. The rebels are asking to change the salary cap to acquire more Force players. The Australian. I think they have got enough out of us.
    It's infuriating stuff

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    If the ARU stumps up the cash, it will blow every financial argument they've put forward right out of the water and really expose them as liars. The VRU has NO money so without a sponsor, the Rebels simply cannot survive.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    If the ARU stumps up the cash, it will blow every financial argument they've put forward right out of the water and really expose them as liars. The VRU has NO money so without a sponsor, the Rebels simply cannot survive.
    And that is the ARU final goal! Stronger as 3

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    And that is the ARU final goal! Stronger as 3
    StrongerAs2 if they can get rid of the Brumbies as well.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Page 11 of 149 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast