Page 91 of 149 FirstFirst ... 41 81 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 101 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2231

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

vCash
    He also pointed out that Victoria produced a Wallaby 60 years before WA.

I’d posit that the reason for this was less about the quality of WA Rugby players and more about eastern states selector bias and the tyrrany of distance. This bias existed in 2017, where Cheika found Perth to be so far away that he didn’t atend a single Force game this year, so why wouldn’t it have existed in the 20th century? Other examples include Clyne finding Perth so far away that he had to meet a potential sponsor and largest ever Rugby philanthropist in Adelaide.

His statement, while an undisguised dig at WA Rugby shows that rugby under Clyne willl not have a national footprint, despite the ARU “evidence” that it will.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    I would like to congratulate Tim North and Gary Gray on their appointment to the Rebels board

Rebels announce board changes
    YESTERDAY AT 9:06 PM SUPER RUGBY
    by Beth Newman
    The Rebels have announced a new board structure, aiming to bring the professional and community elements closer together.

VRU chairman Tim North will now sit on the Rebels board, with Rebels deputy chairman Paul Docherty sitting on the VRU board.

The VRU regained ownership of the Rebels in August, after former owner, Imperium Sports Management exercised a put option, that returned the club for just $1.

This new structure aims to bring the grassroots and professional parts of the Victorian game closer together, a statement said on Tuesday night.

VRU and Rebels chairman Tim North said the move was a critical one.

"The VRU endorsement of the new Rebels board heralds a new beginning that will see a high level of collaboration between professional rugby and community rugby,” he said in a statement

Docherty said this was part of plenty of change to come for the team.

“Today’s announcement ushers in an exciting new era for the Melbourne Rebels and for rugby here in Victoria,” Docherty said.

“The recent appointment of David Wessels and the strengthening of the Rebels’ squad, following a number of experienced key signings, has established a powerful platform for on and off field success for the club.

“I’m delighted to contribute to Victorian rugby through the Rebels and VRU board, as I have a lifetime and history of experience in grassroots rugby in Victoria and Canberra.”

The Rebels board is set to add more directors in ‘the future’.

BOARD

Rebels board

Tim North, Chairman

Paul Docherty, Vice-Chairman

Lyndsey Cattermole

Bob Dalziel

Owain Stone

Neil Hay

Gary Gray
    This just makes my blood boil all over again. Business as usual for the scumbags as though nothing was wrong! Surely a QC no less being embroiled in accusations of accessing confidential documents, insider trading, money laundering must have rhino hide to brush it off. I’m sure the shit will stick-good luck convincing sponsors to sign up! They’re far more likely to follow due diligence before handing over funds if they have any sense. I really hope Linda can get this to go to the courts!

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsid3 View Post
    He also pointed out that Victoria produced a Wallaby 60 years before WA.

I’d posit that the reason for this was less about the quality of WA Rugby players and more about eastern states selector bias and the tyrrany of distance. This bias existed in 2017, where Cheika found Perth to be so far away that he didn’t atend a single Force game this year, so why wouldn’t it have existed in the 20th century? Other examples include Clyne finding Perth so far away that he had to meet a potential sponsor and largest ever Rugby philanthropist in Adelaide.

His statement, while an undisguised dig at WA Rugby shows that rugby under Clyne willl not have a national footprint, despite the ARU “evidence” that it will.

He's being snide which by his books is normal as he is subhuman. No doubt including Vic players that are sane enough not to sign a contract with the Rebels. They sent offers to Leiliifano at least but he did the right thing in turning them down particularly after they signed the likes of Cipriani, Beale and O'Connor.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    This just makes my blood boil all over again. Business as usual for the scumbags as though nothing was wrong! Surely a QC no less being embroiled in accusations of accessing confidential documents, insider trading, money laundering must have rhino hide to brush it off. I’m sure the shit will stick-good luck convincing sponsors to sign up! They’re far more likely to follow due diligence before handing over funds if they have any sense. I really hope Linda can get this to go to the courts!
    The Rabble will say innocent until proven guilty. Clarke probably hasn't been named as his conflict of interest is pretty much confirmed.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    It's all negative about WA we have done nothing and achieved nothing. Arrogant and self serving bunch of w**kers. I see not a mention on Fox or Roar about the enquiry. Subscribing to the ARU idea of PR just don't say anything and it will go away!! Mad as hell today 😡😡

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    It's all negative about WA we have done nothing and achieved nothing. Arrogant and self serving bunch of w**kers. I see not a mention on Fox or Roar about the enquiry. Subscribing to the ARU idea of PR just don't say anything and it will go away!! Mad as hell today 😡😡
    Yes, steel ourselves that this is dead in the media unless some other court action occurs or the other states try to roll the Board or the senate inquiry findings are released.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    There was an article on The Roar last week where TWAS got an a..ekicking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    No, he's counting charity cases like Jordan uluese and that prop that they gifted a game with

It's likely there were some rushed selections purely to pad out the spreadsheet
    Then there was that thug Cooper Vuna who got one cap and thought he was god's gift to rugby and the world.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Monday's transcript is now up on the Hearing website

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary...ublic_Hearings

vCash
    Clyne no longer knows fact from fiction and is so used to no-one caring about his lies that he does it through habit.

Re his comment about Vic producing a Wallaby 60 years before WA, is he accounting for the fact that our State was founded some considerable time after Vic?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UAUdiver1959 View Post
    Yes, steel ourselves that this is dead in the media unless some other court action occurs or the other states try to roll the Board or the senate inquiry findings are released.
    I listen to ABC News Radio religiously and there has not been a single mention in any of their half-hourly sports bulletins since the appeal hearing. And they reported that as an ARU win not a Force loss.

We are deluded if we think the weight of public opinion is going to have any impact on the teflon men and women of the ARU board.

As an aside, I heard on the radio this morning that a couple of Australian Rio Tinto directors are being done for fraud in the US for a series of mind-numbingly dumb financial decisions that lost the company $billions. Even though Rio is listed on the ASX, note that it's the US regulator that has taken the action, not the Australian regulator. If our regulator can't even get the seriously inept guys of listed companies into a court room, do we still have faith that they will get our unlisted ARU & MRRU directors anywhere near the dock?

Champion
    vCash
    I wouldn't worry too much about who produced a Wallaby first. WA has produced over 40 professional rugby players playing around the world since the Force started. It's a distraction tactic by Clyne to muddy the conversation. This inquiry isn't about how many players were pdoduced and when, this inquiry is to find out where the ARUs $28 million of unbudgeted expenditure went, where did the generous grants to the Rebels go, did RugbyWA get defrauded of its license, etc.
    It is also like when Clyne tried to say RugbyWA leaked the Alliance Agreement first. Firstly, prove it Clyne, secondly the excuse that someone else broke the law so its ok for us to follow suit is laughable. Also its an admission that they leaked a confidential agreements to our "competitors". A massive double standard by Clyne after the he tried to say testimony provided under parliamentary privilege may need to be referred to ASIC for breach of contract. Trying to justify some of the ARUs activities by playing the tit for tat defense won't fly in any court of law or public opinion, it is an admission of guilt not an excuse.

vCash
    Also the timing is out. North was given a copy of our AA on 12 April. Not a word was uttered in public by anyone on this side of the rabbit proof fence until months later.

vCash
    WOW..there is plenty of replies on public record in there that will bite Clyne in the arse, ASIC have to be looking into the statements provided in their Annual Reports..interesting that he & Pulver go on about potential, near-term insolvency of the ARU yet no mention what so ever in Annual report. And then to top if off they seem not to care or know how Imperium spent/used their grants is outrageous. The Federal government & taxpayers should be very concerned that their/our money has been used to line the pockets of a private company.

#FU ARU
    "May I assure you I have just begun to fight mate" Twiggy Forrest, 05/09/17

vCash
    Should be, yes! But will they be sufficiently concerned to put scarce resources into investigating this? That's become my main concern now. The WA Govt will probably have to push this really hard to get the traction over east that we need.

Page 91 of 149 FirstFirst ... 41 81 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 101 141 ... LastLast