Page 99 of 149 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2231

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

vCash
    What an interesting idea. A 'Whistle Blower'? If they seek out Senator Reynold they could be entitled to immunity from prosecution along with the rights of Parliamentary privilege.

Who within the ARU has trouble sleeping of a night?
    Maybe Andrew Cox could front up if he is promised he can keep his ill gotten gains?

Maybe the person who is still within the ARU or MRRU who is providing such great board level information could be convinced to step forward under the Hogwarts cloak of invisibility?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UAUdiver1959 View Post
    What an interesting idea. A 'Whistle Blower'? If they seek out Senator Reynold they could be entitled to immunity from prosecution along with the rights of Parliamentary privilege.

Who within the ARU has trouble sleeping of a night?
    Maybe Andrew Cox could front up if he is promised he can keep his ill gotten gains?

Maybe the person who is still within the ARU or MRRU who is providing such great board level information could be convinced to step forward under the Hogwarts cloak of invisibility?
    Well isn't that Peter Leahy did? He basically volunteered himself to go in camera.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Well Pulver went in camera too, maybe he's the big whistle blower - he'd have access to ARU Board documents, details of the famous Alan Winney bid and everything else

truth triumphs

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    This is (somewhat) relevant reading: Why ASIC is failing our small businesses

"Insolvent trading can be a tricky area. A business may not be able to pay its debts from cash flow but still be technically solvent because it retains the support of its bank. Until the lender pulls the pin, the company continues to incur credit even though it is unable to pay its suppliers."

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jackster View Post
    Well Pulver went in camera too, maybe he's the big whistle blower - he'd have access to ARU Board documents, details of the famous Alan Winney bid and everything else
    Difference was that Pulver was told to go in to camera because he couldn't get away with hiding behind confidentiality to answer questions.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post

"Insolvent trading can be a tricky area. A business may not be able to pay its debts from cash flow but still be technically solvent because it retains the support of its bank. Until the lender pulls the pin, the company continues to incur credit even though it is unable to pay its suppliers."
    Depends on the laws in NZ as it was their company over there that was technically insolvent.

Champion
    vCash
    This whole episode has been an unnecessary way of proving that Super Rugby in it's current format is broken, the ARU are rudderless with their mantra being " shrink to greatness". The game needs to become attractive and unless World Rugby, and all of the unions look at alternate models that generate sustainable income streams, our code will die.

Andrew Forrest has the vision, the contacts, the team and ideas that offer a future. there are some gaps in his organisation that need plugging, which can be done quite easily.

If world rugby and the ARU do not engage with open minds and share ideas and provide knowledge, assistance and pathways, in GOOD FAITH and with good intentions, then our code will die.

Yes, Mr. Pulver , you have said some serious dialogue is happening, a working party has been engaged, BUT can you guarantee that from your side we have transparency?

Your Modus Operandi with respect to axeing of the Force has been hamfisted at best. All due to lack of Transparency and engagement. Your due diligence on Imperium Group was non-existent at worst and amateurish at best. Imperium had no experience on Sports team management and trying to compare Andrew Cox with Mourad Boudjellal ( owner of Toulon) shows total ignorance. Your due diligence and "missing spreadsheet" on axeing the Force never ever assumed nor considered the past, current and future fight that has occurred. Another sign of total ignorance and naivety. You clearly had not done your homework, in your neck of the woods the Rabbitohs would have proven that you don't fight a community, you engage.

Whilst our war will continue against you and your legacy, and whilst we will supercharge our community game, you have probably one last opportunity to either show some leadership or find someone who can ( Forget Clyne - he's bureaucrat without spine). here's what to do.

1. Get on a plane and meet with Andrew.
    2. LISTEN to the big picture. I can tell you right now it is overwhelmingly compelling.
    3. Share openly and transparently the hurdles and issues facing the ARU and Rugby in the Southern Hemisphere. Let me tell you now, Andrew has, within his team people who can HELP and find solutions. You are well known to avoid listening and are not a good listener. I recommend for this one exercise you adopt the alternate behaviour.
    4. Cut your losses now with RugbyWA ( or RugbyWA's losses) pursuing these will lead to a LOSE - LOSE scenario.
    5. Bring RUPA, World Rugby and SANZAAR into the discussion. You know as we all do, Super Rugby in 2021 is dead. The broadcast agreement you have now is as good as it will ever get.
    6. Consider telling your Super Partners - " Imagine a viewership of a match between the Beijing Dragons vs the Western Force attracting 20 million?" The Dragons being owned by Jack Ma of Ali Baba and including some iconic rugby legends. What viewership does a Super Rugby match get now?
    7. Convince World Rugby to speed up the game. reduce PK's to 1 point. Move try conversions to the centre and drop kick to convert for 1 point, increase tries to 6 points. Yellow cards on first offence of cynical play, play on if lineout throw is crooked and opponents do not compete, One single scum reset, then FK, get some music, get refs mi'ced (sp.) up to stadium PA system etc etc.
    8. Despite what you think, you will always be remembered for destroying an entire community across the nation, destroying trust and honesty that once were the pillars of our code. From this point on, the word of Rugby Administrators will mean nothing. We trusted and believed you were one of us - when you made a promise or committed a verbal guarantee - we trusted you, because that is how Rugby participants behave. The phrase " your word is your bond" is alien to you and we can only conclude never been part of your make up.

We have a window to make our game great once more, thanks to a visionary Andrew Forrest, if this window closes, I fear for our code.

14 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

"Insolvent trading can be a tricky area. A business may not be able to pay its debts from cash flow but still be technically solvent because it retains the support of its bank. Until the lender pulls the pin, ."
    So the bloke who ran the biggest bank in the country for 7 years should know he's not telling the truth to a senate inquiry when continually stating that the Western Force was either "insolvent" or "bankrupt" on numerous occasions in his testimony. You might conclude that makes him the biggest lying wanker at the inquiry.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash

I saw that too BnB. All federal agencies - including the ATO - have been squeezed so hard that their pips have fallen out. Our issue is small fry for them and may be 'triaged' out. The only thing that might save the day is the fact the ARU receives government funding.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Hansie I agree with you except point 7. I have played in comps where they took conversions from out in front and it was a joke. Just utilise the clock system for kicks at goal they are using in France.

The crooked feed variation is being trialled at the moment.

There is nothing wrong with Rugby, look at the NRC after meddling with the point scoring it now played under proper point scoring laws it is still the same game on the pitch.

The biggest problem with Rugby is the bellends running it. The ARU and the Rebels are corrupt. The Reds are ruined by cronyism. The Kings have former officials facing fraud charges. WP Rugby is a mess and they are having to sell off Newlands to manage their ridiculous debts. It was just announced that they are moving to Cape Town Stadium. This is before we discuss the behaviour of Bernard Laporte in France.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Clynes entire performance was a lie, misdirection or obfuscation. Fits Hansies description of the administration to a tee.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    So the bloke who ran the biggest bank in the country for 7 years should know he's not telling the truth to a senate inquiry when continually stating that the Western Force was either "insolvent" or "bankrupt" on numerous occasions in his testimony. You might conclude that makes him the biggest lying wanker at the inquiry.
    He faces stiff competition from a couple of other witnesses on that score.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I saw that too BnB. All federal agencies - including the ATO - have been squeezed so hard that their pips have fallen out. Our issue is small fry for them and may be 'triaged' out. The only thing that might save the day is the fact the ARU receives government funding.
    That doesn't matter as avoiding dealing with corruption is pretty much illegal itself. Books were also fudged. When you put all the sums together it is not small fry. That probably explains why the ARU is continuing to ignore past financial results. They know that they pissed it up the wall.

Alan Jones when he hammered de Clyne on his show said that he did the sums himself and the ARU has burnt through $777 million since 2003.

The Feds dealt with the Brumbies land deal after it was referred to them by the previous CEO Michael Jones.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    This whole episode has been an unnecessary way of proving that Super Rugby in it's current format is broken, the ARU are rudderless with their mantra being " shrink to greatness". The game needs to become attractive and unless World Rugby, and all of the unions look at alternate models that generate sustainable income streams, our code will die.

Andrew Forrest has the vision, the contacts, the team and ideas that offer a future. there are some gaps in his organisation that need plugging, which can be done quite easily.

If world rugby and the ARU do not engage with open minds and share ideas and provide knowledge, assistance and pathways, in GOOD FAITH and with good intentions, then our code will die.

Yes, Mr. Pulver , you have said some serious dialogue is happening, a working party has been engaged, BUT can you guarantee that from your side we have transparency?

Your Modus Operandi with respect to axeing of the Force has been hamfisted at best. All due to lack of Transparency and engagement. Your due diligence on Imperium Group was non-existent at worst and amateurish at best. Imperium had no experience on Sports team management and trying to compare Andrew Cox with Mourad Boudjellal ( owner of Toulon) shows total ignorance. Your due diligence and "missing spreadsheet" on axeing the Force never ever assumed nor considered the past, current and future fight that has occurred. Another sign of total ignorance and naivety. You clearly had not done your homework, in your neck of the woods the Rabbitohs would have proven that you don't fight a community, you engage.

Whilst our war will continue against you and your legacy, and whilst we will supercharge our community game, you have probably one last opportunity to either show some leadership or find someone who can ( Forget Clyne - he's bureaucrat without spine). here's what to do.

2. LISTEN to the big picture. I can tell you right now it is overwhelmingly compelling.
    3. Share openly and transparently the hurdles and issues facing the ARU and Rugby in the Southern Hemisphere. Let me tell you now, Andrew has, within his team people who can HELP and find solutions. You are well known to avoid listening and are not a good listener. I recommend for this one exercise you adopt the alternate behaviour.
    4. Cut your losses now with RugbyWA ( or RugbyWA's losses) pursuing these will lead to a LOSE - LOSE scenario.
    5. Bring RUPA, World Rugby and SANZAAR into the discussion. You know as we all do, Super Rugby in 2021 is dead. The broadcast agreement you have now is as good as it will ever get.
    6. Consider telling your Super Partners - " Imagine a viewership of a match between the Beijing Dragons vs the Western Force attracting 20 million?" The Dragons being owned by Jack Ma of Ali Baba and including some iconic rugby legends. What viewership does a Super Rugby match get now?
    7. Convince World Rugby to speed up the game. reduce PK's to 1 point. Move try conversions to the centre and drop kick to convert for 1 point, increase tries to 6 points. Yellow cards on first offence of cynical play, play on if lineout throw is crooked and opponents do not compete, One single scum reset, then FK, get some music, get refs mi'ced (sp.) up to stadium PA system etc etc.
    8. Despite what you think, you will always be remembered for destroying an entire community across the nation, destroying trust and honesty that once were the pillars of our code. From this point on, the word of Rugby Administrators will mean nothing. We trusted and believed you were one of us - when you made a promise or committed a verbal guarantee - we trusted you, because that is how Rugby participants behave. The phrase " your word is your bond" is alien to you and we can only conclude never been part of your make up.

We have a window to make our game great once more, thanks to a visionary Andrew Forrest, if this window closes, I fear for our code.
    I still seem to think RugbyWA need to take some responsibility here and move away from the ARU (RugbyAU). What exactly does being affiliated with the ARU actually do for Rugby WA and the Force? Since the Forces inception the ARU put roadblock after road block in front of the team hoping it will fail and it blossomed and from that emerged the iconic "Sea of Blue". They gave WA far less grants, didnt give two shits about grassroots in WA either, they just left us to be a non-entity until the time came when they could have their way with us, by executing our brand, and failed to engage / support another comp for the Force to participate in. They have refused to sell back the IP which means officially the "Force" name couldn't even be used by RugbyWA even if it wanted to. This is pure sociopathic behaviour, yet we keep engaging with them. Why can we not start our own affiliation/governing body? Surely it isnt impossible, it requires innovation, but I think as a community we are ready to take the step. We need to move on and stop being human punching bags for the ARU. We need strong leadership in this time of utter catastrophe and chaos.

If places like Wales can exist as unions when in theory they should represent GREAT BRITAIN, then why cant WA do the same and create its own governing body. I am sure financially this is possible

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post

Well said! Will he see this? I was wondering where any representative from the EARU were when pek had his presentation yesterday. It was all so heartbreaking!!

Page 99 of 149 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 109 ... LastLast