Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 1368

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

  1. #106
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    17,045
    vCash
    1196000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    The other option is that the decision to cut the Force was actually made before 31 December 2016 and therefore the decision of the board on 20th of Feb was not an event of a material nature.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  2. #107
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    121
    vCash
    5126000
    But they didn't report it either way. Pull that stunt in a listed company and you'll be sharing a cell with Bubba

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #108
    Champion sittingbison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Freo
    Posts
    1,992
    vCash
    5340000
    Good one GIGS20

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

  4. #109
    Champion SinBin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,282
    vCash
    5438000
    WALLABIES great John Eales believes a Senate inquiry into rugby is needless...He openly questioned the Senate inquiry that has been ticked to examine the state of the code in Australia with focus on the transparency or lack of it around the ARUs decision to cut the Force.

    I would seriously question whether there is a need for that (but) its not me making that decision, said Eales, a two-time World Cup winner.

    I know that there is nothing the ARU or the ARU board has got to hide.

    Eales said a detailed timeline of events and financial modelling published on the ARUs website since late Tuesday provided answers.

    Weve published everything. Go through that timeline and theres detail, Eales said.
    ..Name:  Pheonix_ARU1.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  20.5 KB

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #110
    Rookie lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    86
    vCash
    5148000
    Just wondered if you could answer this:
    1. Do submissions have to be questions or can they just be relevant facts?
    2. Also, the aph website states that you should only submit information that you would be ok having in the public forum - so, when does it get to the public forum? Before the Senate sees it, or after?
    3. If the senate wanted to subpeona some one and they were overseas how would that work?
    4. Would it matter if you shared your submission with a journalist who published the submission before the senate hearing - does that kind of thing jeopardise anything?
    5. Nick Taylor wrote an article last week about the ARU leaking the Alliance Agreement with the VRU guys and in the article it states that this will be included in the investigation by the Senate - how does an article in the paper get included in the submissions?
    I know some of these questions sound dopey, but, I would really appreciate answers if any of you can offer them.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The truth shall set you free

  6. #111
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    11,323
    vCash
    5560000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Your point about the leak of the alliance agreement is one of the most relevant I have seen in regards collusion between the ARU, The VRU and a one time ARU staffer now based in Melbourne. Difficult to prove but definitely worth asking the questions under oath. This inquiry won't get the Force reinstated but might just make some people's positions untenable.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  7. #112
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    17,045
    vCash
    1196000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    Just wondered if you could answer this: 1. Do submissions have to be questions or can they just be relevant facts? 2. Also, the aph website states that you should only submit information that you would be ok having in the public forum - so, when does it get to the public forum? Before the Senate sees it, or after? 3. If the senate wanted to subpeona some one and they were overseas how would that work? 4. Would it matter if you shared your submission with a journalist who published the submission before the senate hearing - does that kind of thing jeopardise anything? 5. Nick Taylor wrote an article last week about the ARU leaking the Alliance Agreement with the VRU guys and in the article it states that this will be included in the investigation by the Senate - how does an article in the paper get included in the submissions? I know some of these questions sound dopey, but, I would really appreciate answers if any of you can offer them.
    As long as your submission relates to the terms of reference, you can pretty much write what suits. Remember, that you are an example of public opinion and therefore your questions are in and of themselves, evidence of lack of transparency. The inquiry is looking to uncover the facts about the process and the costs on a national footprint. I'm sure they would prefer well written and supported facts to a bunch of questions, but pointed questions will help the members to understand what investigation is required (assume that none of them have hung off every breath of commentary like we have) As an Australian citizen, you have the right to submit whatever you feel is relevant

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  8. #113
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    657
    vCash
    5008000
    Some new info I hadn't read before in this article:

    1. Pulver etc finally had the decency to meet with hodgo, will be interesting to hear what cane out of that

    2. This mentions that NRC is likely to be gone next year

    Sounds like idea of Twiggys comp is to supplement super rugby and he will not be trying to poach players from other teams etc

    https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-union/andrew-forrest-in-secret-rugby-talks-with-aru-about-breakaway-indo-pacific-competition-ng-b88595109z

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #114
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    5,647
    vCash
    5544000
    TWF Contributor!
    The clerk of the committee is the best person to contact about submissions. I think there is a fair bit of guidance on the Parliament website too.

    http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_...ublic_Hearings

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I may be wrong...but I highly doubt it, because I'm an Alison
    (Note for dullards: this 'signature' is not meant to be taken seriously)

  10. #115
    Senior Player andrewM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ellenbrook
    Posts
    906
    vCash
    5430000
    I am looking forward to see what Stooke has to say

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #116
    Champion Tonkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    west Kulin / East Wickepin
    Posts
    1,309
    vCash
    5280000
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    Some new info I hadn't read before in this article:

    1. Pulver etc finally had the decency to meet with hodgo, will be interesting to hear what cane out of that

    2. This mentions that NRC is likely to be gone next year

    Sounds like idea of Twiggys comp is to supplement super rugby and he will not be trying to poach players from other teams etc

    https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...-ng-b88595109z
    These guys need to go . They are just raping and pillaging rugby.. It's disgusting the way they are handling this..

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #117
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    17,045
    vCash
    1196000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    2. This mentions that NRC is likely to be gone next year
    OK, so without trying to put it too bluntly, what the actual f@#k have these jokers done with the extra 30 million dollars per annum? They can't afford to fund grass roots. they can't afford to run super rugby They apparently can't afford to run the nrc They can't afford a proper national women's como They can't get the wallabies to win a game The men's sevens isn't lighting the world on fire The wallaroos crashed out of their world cup The under 20s aren't looking too flash. Surely we're reaching the definition of criminal negligence. The code survived the last broadcast agreement on A THIRD OF THE Money for gods sake. Is nobody going to call these mungbeans to account?

    6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #118
    Champion chibi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Chinatown, Roe St
    Posts
    1,890
    vCash
    5480000
    How much does it cost to send the men and women on the world sevens series circuit?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


    Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

    Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

  14. #119
    Immortal Contributor jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    10,469
    vCash
    5554000
    Dry July! TWF Contributor! MO-vember Donator The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    OK, so without trying to put it too bluntly, what the actual f@#k have these jokers done with the extra 30 million dollars per annum? They can't afford to fund grass roots. they can't afford to run super rugby They apparently can't afford to run the nrc They can't afford a proper national women's como They can't get the wallabies to win a game The men's sevens isn't lighting the world on fire The wallaroos crashed out of their world cup The under 20s aren't looking too flash. Surely we're reaching the definition of criminal negligence. The code survived the last broadcast agreement on A THIRD OF THE Money for gods sake. Is nobody going to call these mungbeans to account?
    You forgot losing 3 naming rights sponsors in the same week.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I STILL HAVE FAITH!!!

  15. #120
    Immortal jargan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth Capital
    Posts
    19,105
    vCash
    196000
    141 Club Award The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    OK, so without trying to put it too bluntly, what the actual f@#k have these jokers done with the extra 30 million dollars per annum? They can't afford to fund grass roots. they can't afford to run super rugby They apparently can't afford to run the nrc They can't afford a proper national women's como They can't get the wallabies to win a game The men's sevens isn't lighting the world on fire The wallaroos crashed out of their world cup The under 20s aren't looking too flash. Surely we're reaching the definition of criminal negligence. The code survived the last broadcast agreement on A THIRD OF THE Money for gods sake. Is nobody going to call these mungbeans to account?
    I pretty much had this exact thought over the weekend.

    They shouted about the current TV deal from the rooftops about how much more money would be pouring into the game yet there has been zero benefit to the game for the reasons you list despite announcement of the strategic plan for Rugby which was again shouted from the rooftops.

    Cameron Clyne said in one of his media statements that the code was 2 years away from being insolvent! Where has all the money gone? If I had to guess I'd say that money pit in Melbourne that was spared the axe would be great place to start looking.

    Hopefully the senate inquiry can actually get some answers out of what appears to be the board that is presiding over the doom of it's own sport.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-08-17, 18:06
  2. Rugby terms
    By andrewM in forum Rugby
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 18-07-13, 10:23
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 18-03-11, 11:04
  4. Inquiry into QLD Rugby Union grant
    By pieter blackie in forum Queensland Reds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-12-09, 18:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •