Page 75 of 149 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 85 125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2231

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    If anybody thinks that the ARU weren't at least thinking of nuking the Force whilst they were negotiating that agreement they haven't really been watching have they?
    It's a pretty big distinction, because in contract law this would void the contract and subsequent sale of the IP. The Force would Still be on the hook for the $800k+ but I recon Twiggy would be more than happy to foot the bill for this Bailout package given that is more than 50 times less than his last offering.
    There is also some curious wording in Stooke's correspondence that suggest it was a forced sale, contract terms would have unlikely been negotiable meaning it in no way shape or from was an alliance agreement as the title suggests.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It's been clearly established that the sale of IP and license was forced, and Judge Hammerschlag wryly noted the two parties were at odds, not allied

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    It was up on the Inquiry website the day after the last hearing.
    Ok cheers.

Can someone still post some of the good bits from todays inquiry. Really wish i could listen to it.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimboL View Post
    It's a pretty big distinction, because in contract law this would void the contract and subsequent sale of the IP. The Force would Still be on the hook for the $800k+ but I recon Twiggy would be more than happy to foot the bill for this Bailout package given that is more than 50 times less than his last offering.
    There is also some curious wording in Stooke's correspondence that suggest it was a forced sale, contract terms would have unlikely been negotiable meaning it in no way shape or from was an alliance agreement as the title suggests.
    I put something in my submission to the Inquiry about the ARU's 5 September 2017 "additional documentation" package which said that SANZAAR had been discussing a reduction in teams for NINE months prior to the March 2017 decision to go back to 15.

Nine months prior to March 2017 is June 2016. At that point, the Force had already contacted the ARU to ask for additional financial assistance.

If you join those dots, could you argue that the ARU entered into the AA negotiations in good faith? Surely they should at least have mentioned to the RWA Board that there was a possibility that SANZAAAR might want to reduce the number of teams before 2020??!! Armed with that knowledge, would the RWA Board have gone anywhere near the "Alliance" Agreement? I suggest not!

No doubt at all in my non-lawyer mind that the ARU deliberately set out to make sure we signed that AA as a vehicle to axe us when the time was right.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I put something in my submission to the Inquiry about the ARU's 5 September 2017 "additional documentation" package which said that SANZAAR had been discussing a reduction in teams for NINE months prior to the March 2017 decision to go back to 15.

Nine months prior to March 2017 is June 2016. At that point, the Force had already contacted the ARU to ask for additional financial assistance.

If you join those dots, could you argue that the ARU entered into the AA negotiations in good faith? Surely they should at least have mentioned to the RWA Board that there was a possibility that SANZAAAR might want to reduce the number of teams before 2020??!! Armed with that knowledge, would the RWA Board have gone anywhere near the "Alliance" Agreement? I suggest not!

No doubt at all in my non-lawyer mind that the ARU deliberately set out to make sure we signed that AA as a vehicle to axe us when the time was right.
    They were just not smart enough to do it correctly and they were dumb enough to think WA would take this laying down.

vCash
    The senate have gone all out with the music prior to the start of the session by playing two genres - Country and Western

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post

The last part is what my cynical brain thinks. They've always wanted get rid of the and this was a grand opportunity.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Ok cheers.

Can someone still post some of the good bits from todays inquiry. Really wish i could listen to it.
    There will be plenty of comments on here. Popcorn ready.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    https://www.aph.gov.au/News_and_Events/LiveMediaPlayer?vID={4895AEC7-BDDD-4679-9579-E3751BCB251A}

vCash
    Has it started yet or am I doing something wrong????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oxleymoron View Post
    The senate have gone all out with the music prior to the start of the session by playing two genres - Country and Western
    Starting now

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Kick off.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Smug smile from Clyne...

vCash
    Which last time?

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    I don't think I can bring myself to watch the smug git

Page 75 of 149 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 85 125 ... LastLast