Page 71 of 149 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2231

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jackster View Post
    thank you - I hate to state the obvious, but they brought the documents with them, so there was some anticipation that they would be referred to in the meeting, right?
    \
    and while I'm here, what is the thinking behind the change of venue? ARU goons too scared to come back to Perth or does it suit the Senators?
    its probably both
    A couple of reasons the Senate may be in session and to give the ARU a prime time hanging. Good entertainment for those in Perth who are driving home.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I hate to state the obvious, but they brought the documents with them, so there was some anticipation that they would be referred to in the meeting, right?
    \
    and while I'm here, what is the thinking behind the change of venue? ARU goons too scared to come back to Perth or does it suit the Senators?
    its probably both
    Parliament starting another 2 week session (although Senate only 1 week).

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliam...tting_Calendar

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Champion
    vCash
    I hate to state the obvious, but they brought the documents with them, so there was some anticipation that they would be referred to in the meeting, right?
    \
    its probably both
    Change of venue is probably logistical. Not enough time to book a venue, rushed scheduling, etc.

vCash
    Also, it saves costs to the taxpayer if it's held closer to the ERU. I assume a business class fare from Syd to Can is less than one from Syd to Per plus hotel accomm. I don't mind where it's held - Senator Reynolds is razor sharp wherever she is!

Another plus is that it will be on video stream is it's in Canberra. Outside the Berra it's only audio stream.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    Yes. Most important thing is that this additional hearing is occurring!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'd go with more the latter than the former.

BTW, the writ is a public document north said so in his testimony to prove why he had "innocently" asked to see the agreement, it appears he was just curious and it happened to be on the table..... In his chambers..... Put there by nobody (who wasn't at the meeting)

That was the clearest indicator of only one thing.

Nobody who has admitted to being in that room is a reliable witness... I'm Pretty sure that in court, if a witness is found to be unreliable then the testimony of the reliable witnesses is taken.

Did Sinders name Clarke as speculation, or did he provide a basis?

C'mon the

vCash
    I think Sinders said something like "there were 2 people in the room who could have done it and Pulver said it wasn't him" Leaving us to surmise that it must have been Clarke.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Name:  bart.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  23.3 KB

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I think Sinders said something like "there were 2 people in the room who could have done it and Pulver said it wasn't him" Leaving us to surmise that it must have been Clarke.
    North said there was another. Pulver Clyne and Hawkins have been named. In reality, that incident is one in a whole litany of shonky dealings, each of which should be investigated and prosecuted.

C'mon the

vCash
    Soooo....throwing Hawkins under the bus

Noyce

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

he had "innocently" asked to see the agreement, it appears he was just curious and it happened to be on the table..... In his chambers..... Put there by nobody (who wasn't at the meeting)
    Just one more reason to hire Mulder and Scully as ARU consultants. Not only is there a history of otherwise highly capable men suffering random bouts of amnesia in these meetings, now we have circumstantial evidence of documents being mysteriously "beamed" into the rooms - because the participants never carry documents and can't recall why said documents were needed in that meeting anyway. Not only that but office assistants seem to be under some kind of mind control, photocopying commercial in confidence material, apparently without ever being asked to do so.

There have been thirteen reviews at the ARU in the past nine years with little result, so why not one more? I suppose it could be that the agents in the X-Files office aren't "connected".

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Just one more reason to hire Mulder and Scully as ARU consultants. Not only is there a history of otherwise highly capable men suffering random bouts of amnesia in these meetings, now we have circumstantial evidence of documents being mysteriously "beamed" into the rooms - because the participants never carry documents and can't recall why said documents were needed in that meeting anyway. Not only that but office assistants seem to be under some kind of mind control, photocopying commercial in confidence material, apparently without ever being asked to do so.

There have been thirteen reviews at the ARU in the past nine years with little result, so why not one more? I suppose it could be that the agents in the X-Files office aren't "connected".
    That's the other thing Reynolds requested copies of those 13 reviews and will need to ask questions in relation to them

vCash
    I just went to bookmark the audio streaming page since I'll be driving at that time and noticed that the audio is booked for 2 hours, is that a rormal occurrence to cope with overruns?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I just went to bookmark the audio streaming page since I'll be driving at that time and noticed that the audio is booked for 2 hours, is that a rormal occurrence to cope with overruns?
    I say so and for people who don't log on to videoconferencing on time

vCash
    In a rare bit of positive news Junior Rasolea and Ollie Hoskins both scored tries for their respective clubs in the London Irish v Edinburgh Challenge Cup match. Can't think of too many European matches where former Force players have scored for opposing clubs in a competitive fixture.

No news on whether either player is going to join the Rebels.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 71 of 149 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 81 121 ... LastLast