Page 69 of 149 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2231

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

vCash
    Cheers, I did find it, just read the parts I missed on Audio....so the ARU did not submit one document in the month since the Sept Senate meeting and everyone in the ARU and VRU has NO IDEA how much money they spent, received or were expunged....nice!!!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    How do these people get jobs.. North chairs a business but has no idea of what its income and out goings are.. I think Senator Reynolds can see straight thru these guys ..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UAUdiver1959 View Post
    Have we asked ourselves why the Senators have asked for some more time with the ARU?

Two options
    1. Not happy with the responses to the questions on notice (actually getting them or not enough information); or
    2. What did Peter Leahy say behind closed doors? He really wanted to same something to the Senators and wanted to do so on Camera.

I'm hoping its 2., and he has let the cat out of the bag.
    Well they will have to ask questions about the documentation they received from the ARU on Wednesday

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UAUdiver1959 View Post
    Cheers, I did find it, just read the parts I missed on Audio....so the ARU did not submit one document in the month since the Sept Senate meeting and everyone in the ARU and VRU has NO IDEA how much money they spent, received or were expunged....nice!!!
    Senator siewert corrected senator Reynolds about 5 minutes after she said they hadn't received anything from the ARU saying that they had "just arrived" and senator Reynolds would not have seen that yet. I take that to mean just arrived this second. It probably is one of the reasons the ARU have been called to Canberra for another hour and a half. ON that I'd be looking at senator siewert, rather than senator Reynolds for indications of how the inquiry is going. She's the moderate one and is more likely to temper the extreme anger of senator Roberts who obviously has the bit in her teeth right now. By all indications that's still going well.

C'mon the

vCash
    Well Siewert is the Chair so she has to be moderate. Sen. Smith picks the right moments to chip in with questions they don't know the answers too.

vCash
    COMMUNITY AFFAIRS REFERENCES COMMITTEE
    Future of rugby union in Australia
    PUBLIC HEARING
    Monday 16 October 2017
    Committee Room 2S1
    Parliament House, Canberra

This will be an in camera session I take it. But it does say "Public Hearing"

Champion
    vCash
    Thats what i was thinking at the time of Senator Siewart saying they had just arrived. The ARU were hoping for a last minute dump and run so the information they provided during the hearing would not be assessed and brought up during Wednesdays session. This tacky maneuver has backfired as the ARU have been called to answer more questions on Monday.
    With the amounts of money missing, the amnesia epidemic suddenly engulfing these administrators and the pure lies told to the Senate inquiry, i am expecting the Senators to recommend further action by the ATO, AFP and ACCC. I am also hopeful the Senators can get to the bottom of the many companies that have been registered and closed and relaunched by Andrew Cox and this Praetorium trust holders thing and who has interests in that. Where does Gary Gray fit into things? Why did the Rebels need millions extra for "legal fees" and "consulting fees". They were running a business similar to 4 already in existence. No need to reinvent the wheel when similar limitations are placed on the 5th franchise which could have operated similarly in budget. Were Imperium facing insolvency when the ARU decided to sell them $19 million for $1?

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    All VERY good questions Kala. Ones that need answering in a court of law in my opinion.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    COMMUNITY AFFAIRS REFERENCES COMMITTEE
    Future of rugby union in Australia
    PUBLIC HEARING
    Monday 16 October 2017
    Committee Room 2S1
    Parliament House, Canberra

This will be an in camera session I take it. But it does say "Public Hearing"
    The committee prefers everything to be public as much as possible. I would have thought that the ARU would have to have VERY good grounds for demanding this hearing be done behind closed doors after all that's come out so far. Senators do NOT like being played or taken for fools and the ARU & North have already got them off side so I don't think they'll take any more crap from them.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    I agree. Senator Reynolds has been doing a fantastic job and is only getting started i think. Ever since calling the Senate inquiry a "stunt", the ARU has tried to delegitimise the inquiry only to find that contempt for the government and it's processes is blowing up in their faces. As John Welborns testimony proved, the ARU has acted misleadingly and deceptively on more than one occasion. In a private business it would probably not see the light of day but the ARU is a public interest using taxpayer money to fund many levels of participation from club fees through to government grants that Nick Farr Jones used to pay off Jim Williams debt. While we won't get back our beloved Force, this inquiry should trigger meaningful change or better, a complete restructure and reboot into how Australian Rugby is run and operated and this heartland nonsense gets shelved for a National approach. We can only hope.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Heartland... FFS....which Harvard Business Degree from Shore dreamt that one up

Works as well as Hearts and Minds did in 'Nam for the goddams

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    So, if the transactions relating to the Rebels come through as insider trading or various illegal doings as far as the trusts are concerned, could this result in the suspension of the VRU's ability to do business, including running of the Rebels license?

The Rebels without any board available to run it with a Mr Forrest in the wings to offer to run them on caveat of the name change & location transfer.

The ARU have told SANZAAR they will get 4 teams, and any assurances given to the Rebels or VRU are moot if illegal actions went on to get us to this point.

Maybe my logic is off but in a business if management commit an illegal act the powers that be would work to rectify the harm caused by that illegality and try to roll back the benefit of these illegal actions.

So in this case the potential illegal actions resulting in mass write off of debts, propping up a potentially insolvent company, mass conflict of interest in transfer of licenses, trusts that may or may not be filtering money through to interested parties through the Rebels set up. And plenty more.

For me it doesn't make sense if this rabbit hole turns out to be as messed up as it sounds for the Rebels to exist anymore. It would be like a mafia cover/money laundering operation continuing to operate as is once the main bad guys are put into jail. Why would it not be business as usual for them.

vCash
    Willy said even if the Rebels sank the Force would not come back

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    And if he is proven to have been involved in illegalities what exactly does his word mean?

'Would not' through pig headed idiocy means little when he doesn't have a say in the decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    He's a dope and has resigned. All they have to do is start up a NewCo.

Is there going to be collections for unit trusts at the next Perth Spirit home match?

Page 69 of 149 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 119 ... LastLast